• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Irony And The Ecstacy

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

Dear friends:

After 30 years on the job, I had looked forward to never having to buy another dang suit, tie or pair

of dress shoes, counting on wearing out everything I had.

So here I am, still a year or two from retirement, and faced with building a whole new wardrobe.

Oh my! :P The possibilities, the shopping, the expense, the ecstasy!

I've been slowly getting stuff together over the last year. I know I can wear a lot of slacks, blouses, and sweaters, but I go to a lot of meetings, and sometimes I still need to dress up. That means suits, pantsuits, dresses, and dress shoes. The whole lot!

It's been fun, and of course with ladies apparel, the possibilities are endless and colorful. My wife complains, but I keep telling her I can't wear the same 3 things every week. Sheesh! A woman has to be stylish and anything but boring, right? Right???

So this is my latest catalog purchase: http://www.chadwicks.com/chadwicks/browse/productDetail.jsp?icProduct=23950&icCategory=cat90131&icSort=

I'm awaiting its arrival. Of course, I'll shop in the stores too.

Just a few more weeks, and I can actually take this stuff out of the closet and show off. :thumbsup: That, my friends, I am looking forward to.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

OH MY GAWD!

Carolyn, I'm so sorry!

I had no idea that my post about buying from Goodwill was going to conflict with your post...

My bad....

So sorry...

:harhar:

Donna Jean

Well Carolyn, that is a gorgeous pantsuit, I assumed that you ordered the petite as you are such a lovely size - I noticed however that the pants on the regular size would still be about 5 inches short on me so I will not be dressing as your twin on this one but only because of that - it is really cute.

Sadly when I finally come out at work i will be forced to follow such strict guidelines that it is close to being a uniform (without the company paying for any of it)

I am already dressing pretty well when I am off work however my wardrobe has been limited not only by finances but also by space - three women - four closets - NOT ENOUGH SPACE! :banghead:

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Rachel Leigh

Love the suit, Carolyn. It's very simple, yet stylish at the same time. I spent today trying to find myself a more business casual/professional attire. I somehow ran into these at the mall: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=57240&pid=760954&mlink=57240,2133891,7&clink=2133891 and bought a pair along with a light blue blouse. Who said that you can't be stylish and professional at the same time? I know a couple of younger female coworkers who have a stylish yet conservative and professional wardrobe.