• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Brutal Beating Of Transsexual On Video

Guest Wendy

That's just awful. It's pretty bad when one has to wonder about the police. To many are corrupt. I have an uncle who used to be on the force where he lives and a cousin who started out as an officer and he now works at the DA office. My uncle and cousin have told me some stories that you wouldn't believe. But there are a few who do look after the public.

Guest GoldenKirbichu

This is terrible. I can't understand how anyone can do this to another human being... What sort of cruel person does one need to be?

Guest Christine-Louise

That is unbelievable that the Police can do something like that, WOW just think who can you trust? not the law enforcement it seems, Oh lord to beat someone like that is just cowardly, Ooo I'm angry, just BRUTALITY.

Guest Leah1026
That is unbelievable that the Police can do something like that, WOW just think who can you trust? not the law enforcement it seems, Oh lord to beat someone like that is just cowardly, Ooo I'm angry, just BRUTALITY.

You sound a bit naive. The fact is this happens A LOT. The only difference is it was caught on tape this time. And the only reason we know about it at all is because the tape was leaked. Initially the investigation was NOT about brutality, it was about finding and punishing the leaker! No because of the outrage maybe something will be done, but I'm not holding my breath. I have a friend that was in law enforcement for many years and this kind of thing was commonplace. Police work is very macho and people can and do cross the line. My friend was actually driven out of their career because they weren't macho enough. I hate to bad mouth the police, but I have come to believe that the majority of cops are bad cops.

Guest StrandedOutThere

That was really tough to watch. Hopefully that officer represented a very small minority of officers. I'd like to think that most officers are professionals who wouldn't let their personal views about someone's lifestyle affect how they treat them. Still, if I ever get a ticket or have any kind of run in with law enforcement (hopefully this is unlikely for me), I will be very, very careful, quiet, and respectful. That's scary stuff...

Guest Aeron

And, yet all that did was "fire" the officer? Where are the criminal charges? The charges against the transsexual should not have been dropped. That sets a bad precedent. "Get the hell beat out of you, and we'll call it even .... Steven". Sounds to me like the nurse on duty has NO COMPASSION WHATSOEVER.

Aeron

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest theEND

That is awful, but I think in general police officers are decent people just doing their job.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems a bit extreme to insinuate that anything more than the minority of policemen or women are like that.

Guest femmym

ive not watched the video to be perfectly honest i dont want to either it would make me feel reaaly sad know that someone could do this to another humun being wether they are TRANS or not especially when its a cop i hope he gets fired and dosent get another job again people like him make my blood boil . :angry:

Guest raydub

It is sad but this IS commonplace. [ note: i didnt watch the video either. ] I attended an event not too long ago. It was a screening that showed a conference that was held last year in San Francisco, CA. There they discussed the cruel treatment of transgender individuals by law enforcement and in the prison system. There is stark discrimination of non-gender-conforming individuals going on all over and the conference was the effort to educate and start doing something about it.

At the screening transwomen AND transmen told personal stories of some horrible things that have happened to them just because they are transgender. It was a powerful event - one that makes you want to DO something about the problem.

Heres a link to the conference it was called Transforming Justice. There will be more like it.. I believe the next one is in Oakland, CA.

Ray

Guest Stephanie Butterfield

Both officers were fired, though no news of what happened to the nurse that ignored Duanna's requests for medical attention. Since then Duanna has been arrested again by same force, this begs the question of a subtle campaign against her.

Stephanie

Guest Jasmine is questioning

that is truely and utterly disgusting and wrong! I hope that officer gets his butt thrown in jail. Honestly! I am sick to my stomach from that video. Someone needs to take force in government and prevent these sort of things from happening!

• Forum Moderator
It is sad but this IS commonplace. [ note: i didnt watch the video either. ] I attended an event not too long ago. It was a screening that showed a conference that was held last year in San Francisco, CA. There they discussed the cruel treatment of transgender individuals by law enforcement and in the prison system. There is stark discrimination of non-gender-conforming individuals going on all over and the conference was the effort to educate and start doing something about it.

At the screening transwomen AND transmen told personal stories of some horrible things that have happened to them just because they are transgender. It was a powerful event - one that makes you want to DO something about the problem.

Heres a link to the conference it was called Transforming Justice. There will be more like it.. I believe the next one is in Oakland, CA.

Ray

The way that jails and prisons treat transsexuals is mostly appaling. Female inmates in prison have a somewhat easier time of it than their male counterparts. The worse case, in a female prison, is guard rape. But, is a ftm is careful and acts confidant in their appearance and actions, most guards will be afraid to tangle with them. Northern prisons are better than southern-cracker ones.

On the other hand, male TSs in male prisons not only have to contend with the guards bad attitudes towards them; they are also fair game for the other inmates to rape and kill. Males are usually kept in Seg for their own protection; but even there one can be brutally attacked and killed.

The best thing for a TS to do is totally avoid any situation that may land them in jail or prison.

Guest Kitten

I lived in Memphis for quite a few years. Trust me when I say, this isn't anything new. The cops there have serious problems, they're all jerks.

Memphis sucks. Quite simply, sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

What a petty man that officer must be he started with insults and ended with brutality a coward and a small man. I wish people like him would get the same treatment for thier crimes like he beat her with handcuffs he should be beaten he sprayed her with mace so he should be sprayed.

Vikki

• 5 months later...

Disgusting behavior.

Cops shouldn't ever be giving rights to 'beat someone for talking back to them'. He should be thrown in jail for that because if anyone did that who wasn't a cop they would be thrown in jail.

I have not and will not watch the video, I can't watch anything like that when I know it is real.

I have no tolerance for police officers who cross the line, but I do want to remind everyone that we only hear about the bad cops when they are caught and the good cops when they save a live or lose their own.

I worked in a two different retail stores in teo different cities that had off duty officers working security on weekend nights (we were in a great neighborhoods) and I got to know a number of officers pretty well - one of them came over with his pickup truck and helped me carry a washerdryer combination down the stairs from a third floor apartment on Easter Sunday when I had to move.

Most of the police force in most cities are good people, most 'bad' cops are white collar criminals taking bribes, etc - the smallest minority are the out of control violent types, but they are more sensational - and they need to be removed, but before you give up on all law enforcement officers get to know one or two - they are just people to, just like us.

In Texas there is even an organization called TCOPS - for Transsexual officers, and we are considered a redneck state.

Love ya,

Sally

• 1 month later...
Guest SuperFlyGal
I have not and will not watch the video, I can't watch anything like that when I know it is real.

I have no tolerance for police officers who cross the line, but I do want to remind everyone that we only hear about the bad cops when they are caught and the good cops when they save a live or lose their own.

I worked in a two different retail stores in teo different cities that had off duty officers working security on weekend nights (we were in a great neighborhoods) and I got to know a number of officers pretty well - one of them came over with his pickup truck and helped me carry a washerdryer combination down the stairs from a third floor apartment on Easter Sunday when I had to move.

Most of the police force in most cities are good people, most 'bad' cops are white collar criminals taking bribes, etc - the smallest minority are the out of control violent types, but they are more sensational - and they need to be removed, but before you give up on all law enforcement officers get to know one or two - they are just people to, just like us.

In Texas there is even an organization called TCOPS - for Transsexual officers, and we are considered a redneck state.

Love ya,

Sally

I'm glad to hear about that in Texas. The majority of police officers are good, and although sometimes they can tend to step on the line, most are very respectful of the law. The thing is that being a cop gives people power and authority and all kinds of people are drawn towards that job for it. I think the majority of the bad cops were just bad people to begin with and the police force needs to step up in dealing with the recruitment of such people.

Well, here is hoping the illegitimate child looses his pension, goes to jail, gets sued, and works as a security guard.

Guest Sakura_Stingray

i made a topic hat actualy has the video of this which includes the report images and the raw footage......the nurse didnt even give johnson help what they said on the video is the cop was on inactive duty at the time of the atack but was fired after...it has talk about the lawyer and the DA's office in it too which they seem to want to throw it under the sheets

on the topic i had the video of this i put another link of florida cops verbally bashing our comunity to a criminal in which case could have her killed if the guy ever gets out of his cuffs.......