• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Passing And Wig Help!

Guest danni1

Hi Sugar! First of all you have gorgeous feminine features!! Less make-up rather than more is better. Of your wig choices I prefer the first as it would frame your face. You don't need a shag of hair hanging down over your forehead and detracting from those beautiful eyes of yours. You might experiment with lip gloss. Either a darker red shade or a light pink shade.

Miss Ricka

Guest playful1

Advice from someone who used to have hair just like you. Grow it out. You look like you have some rich full hair. Just grow it out, give it some volume and you'll have the sexiest hair around.

-Nik

P.S. It'll take a while but just be patient and trim the split ends every few months. And if you ever try dying it I would recommend a Brown-Burgandy. It would compliment your eyes. <3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

The wig in the big pic is a nice style. With wigs the number 1 rule is "less is more" for looking realistic. Most don't because they are just too much hair-too over the top. The one you like looks good however.

I also recommend going into a beauty supply store-and there are lots of guys who are hairdressers and go in them so don't be shy if in male mode. I saw 3 other men in one I was in a couple of weeks ago-and using the hair swatch samples in the hair color section to check what colors go with your skin before ordering a wig. That is also a huge factor in how the wig looks. And you just can't tell without seeing the color against your skin. I think there is a Sally's in just about every medium size town

Or go to a wig store and try them on. You don't have to buy there but you'll know what works for you. They are used to it in most wig stores and won't bat an eye no matter what mode you are in

Hope this helps

John

Guest *Nicole*

I think you should just use clip-on hair extensions. They are FAR more realistic looking! your hair is the perfect length and color to just add clip-on pieces to. If you need specifics on making them or buying them, let me know.

Guest Aries

I was curious about other people's opinions on my dilemma. I am 33 & MtF, I have started to see hair loss and have been shaving my head. My Ex says she thinks I should keep shaving my head & just use wigs until I can save enough to get the hair fixed up nice. Does anyone have experience with this? I really want my own hair but I think it would just be a bad idea at this point.

• Admin

I was curious about other people's opinions on my dilemma. I am 33 & MtF, I have started to see hair loss and have been shaving my head. My Ex says she thinks I should keep shaving my head & just use wigs until I can save enough to get the hair fixed up nice. Does anyone have experience with this? I really want my own hair but I think it would just be a bad idea at this point.

Aries, I don't recall if you're on hormones yet or not. T-blockers can sometimes slow male pattern baldness, and docs often prescribe Finesteride as a T-blocker. It is also the main ingredient in Propecia, the baldness medicine. I've been taking it for over a year, and it has not helped me (in the hair department, anyway). But it doesn't work on everyone. You may get lucky.

Wigs aren't great, but hair implants are ridiculously expensive, and good quality wigs can look very real, and very pretty. I like mine a lot, and get a lot of compliments on it. So take heart, it's better than being the lady with the crew cut. :o

Carolyn Marie

Guest Aries

Thank you Carolyn :)

I guess I'll have to try that.

by the way ... I got a good chuckle from the "Lady with the crew cut" joke.

Have a great day & thanks again!

Hugs!

Guest sienna

Aries,

I am 37 and I have concluded that while I would love real hair as well, it's just not going to happen for me. I have to agree that a great looking wig is the way to go. I decided I won't spend less than $100. I really like the Raquel Welch wig I bought from http://www.bestwigoutlet.com . If you sign up on their site with your email, eventually you will get occasional 30% off discounts good for a few days each time.

Sienna

Guest sienna

hi everyone ive been wondering lately if i could pass so i thought id ask on here.

this is my first attempt at makeup by myself, im goin to ask my gf if she can help me and teach me. im wondering if you guys could suggest some wig styles and colors that would look good. im my mind a medium long wig with blond highlights. please help!

I think you're off to a great start and have feminine features. It looks like you could grow your own hair out a little more if you wanted to and it would look great.

Sienna

• 2 weeks later...
Guest x--Felica

Ohh you are so pretty.

But to aid in your wig search.

I have my eye on this website pinklacewigs.com

They have some gorgeous wigs. you can even make your own too

all sorts of different lengths and colors and styles.

Kinda pricey though. Why i plan to save.

Guest Flistan

I am by no means a fashionista but I like your style! GO WITH THE THIRD WIG. 'tis mah fav. ^.^

Here's some others you might like- I use this website for anime wigs... >.> But they have excellent quality wigs and many colors.

This is the index for medium-long styles: http://www.amphigory.com/wigs-medium-long.html (don't worry about the color- click on the image and you'll see their options for colors)

This is one I thought you'd like: http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_fy_touchable_tease.html

You can chose your own levels of blond to streak- not just one color. :D

Overall yeah, I would say to try and grow your hair out, but wigs are fun. ^.^

As far as make-up, you have an amazingly, beautifully round face- take advantage of it! I don't know how- but I bet some make-up magician would be able to highlight some areas or bring out the rosy in those cheeks? You also have great lips. I really don't know much about make-up to make up decisions (ha, a pun) about what colors would look good on you unless you tried it out first and saw it. >< Maybe a brownish-copper-reddish-thing? *shrug*

Your eyebrows are very clean-shaven and sharp, but I might arch them up a bit to make your eyes look bigger.

ioono. You've got so much potential- I just wish I could give the right advice! ><

Good luck! :D

• 5 weeks later...
Guest AiAmAngel

A) trust me, extensions. I regret not having them when my hair was longer :(

B) Invest in a good anti-wrinkle cream (Olay does it best). I'm getting one too, I think its the wrinkles and tired, non-elastic look that does you such great injustice :)