• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

First Electrolysis & Sharing My Feelings On It

Guest Nekomata

Guest Snow Angel

So yeah this weekend I had my first electrolysis session in Hollywood, CA. On an offhand note, I saw George Carlin's star on the walk of stars. It was decorated with a memorial, roses, and USA flags. It was so sad.

The electrologist was nice to me, and I felt very empowered. I had waited 12 years for this day! I'm really glad I got to experience it, even though I won't be able to do it again for awhile due to financial problems. It was nice to feel just how painful it is. All I can think about is that I wish I could do it more, and get it done with. It made me happy.

The next morning I woke up, and I was just thinking to myself "You've permanently altered your face. Why?!" Can you really do this? This whole transition? It looks like you're committed to it. You can't turn back now. Why are you doing this? Why are you stepping from a world of safety and biological perfection to a world of danger, uncertainty, and body parts that can't have children? The reality of what I'm doing really struck me full on. It's strange how something like this affected me more adversely than when I started taking hormones. It might be because this thing I did is new, and once I get into the routine of it, I'll be ok. I'm just emotionally complicated, and I wonder if this experience is the same to anyone else's first time? By no means did I regret it, and I do want more. I have loathed my facial hair since I was 16. I just guess that the reality of things is much different from the fantasy of things, and THAT IM REALLY DOING THIS and I am kind of shocked that I got my face zapped. (No pun intended.)

• 2 weeks later...