• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Pointed Towards A Gt

Guest MelissaF

Guest MelissaC

Ah, at last my counselor has finally gotten back to me with GT info. She's found a lot of stuff, mostly in the Toronto area but that's not too far.

Seems I'm gonna need to set up more appointments to see more doctors and therapists. There's gonna be a lot of waiting time throughout this whole process isn't there?

Guest Elizabeth K

There's gonna be a lot of waiting time throughout this whole process isn't there?

YES! That is why seeing a GENDER DYSPHORIA trained therapist is so important. Seeing a regular therapist is just a time waster.

Years, not months - but - trust me on this, persevere and the reward is priceless!

Lizzy

Guest MelissaC

Seing a regular therapst is just a time waster.

Mostly true I guess. Once in awhile there's a good therapist who hasn't got experience with trans stuff but still manages to be awesome, though I guess chances are much better just going straight to a GT.

She's not a therapist, but my counselor has been wonderful despite this being almost as new to her as it is to me. I guess I was lucky about that.

M'kay now, waiting time... I'd better distract myself with Pokemon. Thank goodness they're bringing out new games in a couple of weeks. That oughta distract me for about half a year at the very least. :lol:

• Admin

Whether they be big steps or little steps, Melissa, progress means you're going in the right direction.

It may seem like a slog, but you'll get there. Patience is something we all develop, even if we kick and scream in the process.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

I "wasted" time with a therapist and when inlet her office, that's exactly how I felt, like I wasted my time.

I'm seeing a GT tomorrow for the first time. I'm excited/scared. I posted about it in my own thread so I won't steal yours.

Good luck, see ya in the waiting room.

Shelly