• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Contact With The Minnesota Va

Guest Emily Ray

Now that I am living in the Midwest I needed to set up some appointments with the VA so I can continue my HRT and get back into gender therapy and have a psychiatrist to treat my depression. I called yesterday and even though I told them I was an MTF they scheduled me for a regular primary care appoitment. No big deal. I also called to set up an appointment with a psychiatrist. They told me they would call me back after reviewing my medical record. Today I received a call from a man I met with in January. He was so nice to me on the phone and in person and always calls me Miss Frisbie. Anyways he said I could see a psychiatrist next Wednesday and he would also transfer my care from the primary care clinic to the women's clinic for me. That is so awsome. I turn 40 this year and need to have my first Mamogram done.

This move is working out just as I'd hoped it would.

Huggs

Emily

Guest Donna Jean

That's good news, Em....,...

I need to contact the VA here in New Orleans to see what they can do for me...

It sounds like you're having good luck with them....

'Outstanding!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Cyndi

Emily,

Great to hear you're having success there with the VA! Make sure they keep treating you right, sounds like they have some good people on their staff.

Cyndi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 99 Guests (See full list)

• MaryEllen
    • Susan R
    • Petra Jane
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Vikki
    Newest Member
    Vikki

1. Ale975
      Ale975
      (27 years old)
    2. BillieB
      BillieB
      (65 years old)
    3. BrokenDays
      BrokenDays
      (34 years old)
    4. Bryson
      Bryson
      (25 years old)
    5. Jolie
      Jolie
    • Susan R
      Hello @The Lake, Welcome to our forum. I’m intrigued by your introduction and would enjoy reading more about your backstory. We all have very unique journeys and yours is not one I have come across often. As you become more comfortable with our community, maybe you could share more aout how your gender identity evolved, what difficulties you confronted and endured and what some of your successes were along the way. Also, do you see yourself involved in a future transition of roles, presentation, social, physical, or something else entirely? There is never any pressure to share a thing here. So feel free to share as little or as much as you like. We are a very open-minded nonjudgmental group who enjoy learning new things from our members.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • Susan R
      Welcome @gizgizgizzie, It’s nice to have you in the fold. We are a very diverse group so you’ll fit in just fine. Right now, society at large is getting bombarded with misinformation, bait and switch tactics, propaganda and lies so it’s no wonder no one can get it right. I don’t come out and explain things about my gender identity as much these days but when I do it’s amazing how little these people know about our transgender community in 2024.   Thanks for sharing a little about yourself. I hope to learn more about you as you become more acclimated and active within our forum.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷    
    • Susan R
      Speaking of hair days…for me, hair has always been the part of my presentation that had the most impact on my overall view of myself. It was much worse for me earlier in my transition. I enjoy experimenting with new hair styles so once in a while, I’ll end up completely redoing my hair because it somehow reminded me of my old self. Self image is a strange yet powerful thing and it take a lot of time and effort to change it.
    • Susan R
      Trans Group Zoom Meeting Tomorrow!!   Coming up tomorrow is another Zoom meet-up with those in our community. This is an open invitation for members here to get together with others from our community. These Zoom meetings last sometimes 4 hours or longer so come join us when you can and leave whenever you like. Share your story or maybe just something interesting that happened during the week. It’s a fun time to chat, meet others, and just be yourself.😁   Trans Groups Zoom Meeting Times: May 18, 2024 6:00 PM Pacific Time May 18, 2024 8:00 PM Central Time May 19, 2024 11:00 AM Australia/Melbourne   If you’re a member of our community, 18 or over and need a Zoom Link, Message me as soon as possible. I will try to get you a link ASAP.   Susan R🌷
    • Desert Fox
      I am working on a solo music project and I decided a few years ago I wanted to do female lead vocals. I’ve played instrumental music most of my life and sung as a male, mostly backup and harmony though, but very little lead. I never liked my male voice. People always clocked me as female on the phone so I’ve always had a more feminine voice. A little over two years ago I started training my female voice to sing and it has been a lot of fun, though I’m still not where I want to be. Consistency is my biggest challenge.    I try to make practice fun or I don’t stick with it. So I do a lot of singing along with my favorite cover songs…I use a vocal fader, and practice with a microphone, and often just record the blend with my phone to evaluate where I’m at and see what I need to work on. If possible I find karaoke mixes on YouTube where the lead vocal is removed and sing along to that.   I’m not sure I can offer much advice, I just do a lot of listening back and adjusting my technique and practicing until I like how I sound. Just a lot of practice. It will probably take longer than you hope to get where you want to be :) High notes will be challenging but every singer has to build up the muscles and technique and breath support and stretch the vocal chords and then their range will expand. My higher notes are in tune, but often sound strained, probably because they are. Some of that is tensing up in anticipation which I need to train myself out of doing.    I think “trans voice lessons” on YouTube is one of the best channels for tips and theory. Once you’ve found your singing voice and have that relatively consistent, pretty much it’s just working on technique, styling, articulation, range, like any singer would. 
    • Desert Fox
      I sometimes look too critically when I look in mirrors. If I’m presenting as male, I think I look too feminine. If I am presenting female then I think I look too masculine. It’s very irritating! Sometimes I think I get it down right. I guess everybody has their good and bad hair days and such, though. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.hrc.org/news/reyna-hernandez-latina-trans-woman-salon-owner-and-vibrant-spirit-killed-in-washington-state   This case is unusual, in that the victim was murdered in the U.S. and her body driven all the way to Mexico, presumably to hide evidence and confuse the authorities.    May Reyna rest in peace, and her vicious killer convicted and sentenced to a very long term behind bars.   Carolyn Marie
    • KymmieL
      We are forecast to be nice all weekend. Finally, getting a fair weather weekend.   Kymmie
    • KayC
      Hi @JenniferB - Welcome back! and nice to meet you! I applaud your desire to rejoin this wonderful Forum to share and help others.  Looking forward to hearing more from you.
    • KayC
      I cooked a breaded bone-in pork chop (seared in iron skillet then into the oven) an artichoke (w/mayo) and a frozen mac n' cheese that claimed it was "The Best Mac n' Cheese" ... and it was actually pretty good.
    • Davie
      Trump is accused of 26 separate sexual abuse crimes. What a guy.
    • Willow
      Well my work week is done and I’m exhausted.     @KymmieL your sign speaks the truth.   I almost forgot, stormy weather expected off and on all weekend
    • Ivy
      Right handed, but my left eye is dominant.   However left eye has cataract, So I've learned to hold my cup left-handed so I can see while drinking.  
    • Ladypcnj
      I'm right handed
    • DonkeySocks
      Sending prayers for your sister. I am sure the insurance thing will work out.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.