• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Removing Hair...down There...

Guest x--Felica

• 1 month later...

I used my NoNo with the small head and then buff the area. The NoNo is working out pretty well on my under arm hair. The hair is getting lighter and is now about 30 % less in about 45 days. It never hurts and when you used a buff pad afterwards and I get a pretty smooth result. I figure it's going to take three to six months and I'll see how my results are. It pretty much takes me 20 to 30 minutes to go all over. My beard hair is getting much lighter in color. It was pretty dark and I figured that laser would do a good job on my face. I'll hsve lsser on my fsce when I get through this divorce.

Kathryn

Guest Kelly-087

I shave. Uh.. Everywhere. We can leave it there. Might be weird, but mentally it helps me a lot with complete removal. I've tried waxing it. I probably did it wrong, but the attempt would have been amusing for anyone watching. Like something out of a modern comedy. So naturally to say, that didn't go well. I'll probably try an epilator next. Tried it once, found it really painful. However, not really a fan of razor burn/bumps. If you're cutting yourself, I suggest you go slower, get a new razor, work on your technique.. It could be one or all of those things that's making the experience more difficult than it needs to be.

• 3 months later...
Guest HeatherAnne

So I had my laser consult, and paid a bit extra to get the EVERYTHING package. I just started HRT, so am hoping to get all of Down There by the time I do SRS. Anyway, the lady mentioned using baby powder and so I looked it up... apparently it is lots easier to shave down there DRY using baby powder as your "lubricant" and it gives you a much closer shave (rather than in or after shower, because the water causes the skin to swell a bit?). I have not tried it yet (haven't had my first appointment yet) but was wondering if anyone else has tried this yet?

• 2 months later...
Guest Prettypolly1389

I have shaved down there for years and I don't seem to have any problems. It's baby soft and feels great. I buy the best razor I can afford and change the blades regularly. I also use shaving foam and finish with baby oil. It looks great and helps tucking. :-)

• 2 years later...
Guest juanita614

Hi everyone,love the advise of everyone,i shave with a razor and go very careful down there,thank you Chaos Everafter for that hair conditioner idea i try that,from what i cane see,the only way to get rid of most of your hair is hormoans and have look that up to find out how to do that!!! :)

I use a blade razor everywhere on my body except 'down there'. I use a ladies foil shaver. In that general thigh area I can't use a razor as I break out something fierce! I still haven't figured out how to deal with the razor 'break out'...

Guest Astrosmurf

I use a blade razor everywhere on my body except 'down there'. I use a ladies foil shaver. In that general thigh area I can't use a razor as I break out something fierce! I still haven't figured out how to deal with the razor 'break out'...

me too with the inner thighs. I don't shave there anymore, just look gross. Couldn't bear prickly re growth. Might try Veet which worked well on chest etc.

So I had my laser consult, and paid a bit extra to get the EVERYTHING package. I just started HRT, so am hoping to get all of Down There by the time I do SRS. Anyway, the lady mentioned using baby powder and so I looked it up... apparently it is lots easier to shave down there DRY using baby powder as your "lubricant" and it gives you a much closer shave (rather than in or after shower, because the water causes the skin to swell a bit?). I have not tried it yet (haven't had my first appointment yet) but was wondering if anyone else has tried this yet?

Thanks, never heard of that even among cis women, but will give it a try ☺️

Asgtrosmurf, I've read some true horror stories about Veet. It's been in the back of my mind and I may eventually try it, but that is indeed some very sensitive skin!

*hugs*

-Fiona

Guest G-A-L-E

Hello everyone, found the Tria home laser tool very effective at hair removal. I have not used it way down there...yet. Finishing electrolysis as SRS is around the corner. I have used it everywhere else and has worked well. It does hurt but pain diminishes substantially with continued use until area is complete. The device is not intended for a man's face but if you had very little facial hair to start with like me It works! Be prepared for extreme pain, rash and blistering if you use on face. YMMV

Tip: I found using the highest setting to be the best choice. Yes it hurts but gets the job done without creating other issues such as white hair regrowth. I own the 4X model they have a website TriaBeauty

Appears to be a permanent solution. My prominent hair removal expert does not appreciate the effectiveness of the device.

Good Luck

EOM

I looked into that Tria, and learned that it really wouldn't work well for me because those LASERs expect there to be a lot of contrast between the skin color and hair color. I was very disappointed......

-Fiona

• 1 month later...
Guest JaneShannon

I shaved down there for years, and I too found after a few times I had no problems with in grown hairs or rash. I find the body hair is part of my dysphoria, so I work hard to rid myself of it. Looks yucky, feels yucky!!! I shaved my legs several times, and tried shaving my chest and arms, but I was very dissatisfied with the results. The looked good, but after about 48 hours I felt prickly all over. Back to yuck.

I recently found a salon which will do male Brazilians, so I switched to that. The first time I did wax, but all my appointments after have been sugar not wax. The sugar is a candy based gel which the esthetician smears on the sugar, then rips it off like the wax. A few advantages to sugar. It only removes the dead skin, and not the top layer of skin like wax. After waxing my legs felt tingly for about a day. It is also applied at room temperature, so no possibility of burns like with wax. It is also supposed to damage the hair follicle, and reduce the amount of hair over time. I am not sure about that, but I have noticed it really does not hurt to have my legs done now. So far I have done my legs, Brazilian, tummy, chest, and arms. I have not done my arm pits yet.

Here is the bad with both waxing or sugar. The wait. The esthetician needs at least .25 inches for the wax or sugar to grip the hair. In either a GG or a TS on HRT, there is not a lot of hair there, so I would wager the returning hair is not that unsightly. I am not a GG (genetic error--thanks Dad), and (unfortunately) I am not on HRT (yet). So the hair grows back, and I feel like there is TONS of it, and I feel yucky again. It was a lot to take on in terms of getting something done so I took it in stages. Legs, to Brazilian and tummy, than I added chest, and than arms. My next appointment will be the first were I get everything done at once. The other bad is the cost. It is expensive. Getting it all done cost about $300!!! I recently noticed a laser hair center while driving around, I think I need to check them out.

I did/do have some problems with in grown hairs. Mostly they were not painful, but they are definitely unsightly. I read about treatment. The big thing NOT to do is pick at them with a needle. You can cause infection and damage your skin. What I have been doing is exfoliating with a sugar mixture. I use 1/3 cup of regular table sugar (like you put in chocolate chip cookies!) and an Aveeno bath oil. Any bath oil will work. What I do is wash normally with body soap. While still in the shower, I then mix the oil and sugar together. I use a small bowl my kids used to eat cereal in the mornings. I apply the mixture to my skin rubbing it in small circles. I get the ingrown hairs pretty badly on my lower tummy and thighs so I focus on those areas first. The esthetician recommended every other day, and that might work for GG-like body hair. I started with that, and noticed some improvement, but I wanted more. So I now do it daily, and I have for about two weeks or so. I am very pleased with the result. I had the bumps pretty bad, they are mostly gone and the remains are now healing nicely.

My next appointment is in exactly three weeks. If this thread is still active I will post an update. If anyone in the North Seattle area wants the name of the place drop me a private message.

Take Care,

JaneShannon

• 1 month later...
Guest Tanner

I just had to add to this, I use nair down there, and nowhere else and it works awesome for me. Armpits though? I burned myself so badly I couldn't use deodorant (that said my skin there is pretty sensitive and I use homemade baking soda and shea/coconut butter slime for deodorant)

I just hated shaving down there. It takes forever and looks good and is comfortable for like 1 day. Nair will leave everything sorta red for the rest of the day, makes it really sensitive, if its bad theres vitamin d ointment. When the hair does come back I can stand to have it much longer because the hair thats still inside the folicle is damaged too, and it isn't so sharp. I've also been doing this for years so I got really good at not getting the stuff directly on the bits without hair much.

Its really just not that scary.You can't cut yourself, ingrown hairs are a problem but less so than shaving. The bottle says 3 minutes to try it, that has never worked on anything for me but its prolly a good idea. 10 minutes and it'll start burning the skin and thats bad. But after being on t, 15 minutes to melt the bushy mess and I'm okay. Seriously its not scary. It was like, the only control I had over that part of my body when I was a teenager and it helped a lot. There are white, pink, and blue bottles of the stuff for those conscious of that, though I've never seen blue. You have to be careful not to get it on bath towels, wipe it off with a handtowel you'll wash soon or even some dirty underwear. The scent clings something terrible and even if it smells okay at first, it won't after it soaks into your stuff.

If you're thinking of trying it then you should try it its like 8$ a bottle and I love it to bits.

• 5 months later...

One word of advice on shaving anywhere is don't skimp on quality razers. I've been using this place https://www.harrys.com/ cause it's one of the best, most comfortable razors I've ever used and the refills arent horribly expensive (you choose how often you shave then they send an appropriate amount of razers every few months). Keeping your razor in good condition is huge too, make sure to thoroughly clean and dry it after using and store it someplace dry, I like to rinse mine with a little rubbing alcohol after using it to get all the little hairs out. Water is the enemy, it will wear down your blades faster than any left over hairs! If you are shaving your...sensitive areas then do yourself a favor and really exfoliate your skin before shaving with some good warm water and something like a lufa, and don't be afraid to use lots of shaving cream! I am still not brave enough to shave everywhere as I haven't come out yet and I'm still stuck in the "need to be masculine or people will think you are weird" mentality so I don't have much experience shaving legs and arms, but as I dont have many relationships I like to make my...other parts... smooth as a baby's bottom ^_^

I have recently ordered the Emjoi Emagine epilator to help make the process less time consuming (my body refuses to stay hair free for more than a few days with shaving) but I'm not looking forward to the pain :( wish me luck!