• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Whoa! Colors!

Guest Alexandra89

Guest Mina89

So...

I'm just a little past two weeks on HRT (starting dose) and physical changes have thus far been limited to skin texture, and nearly imperceptibly so.

HOWEVER:

I'm seeing colors very differently from the way I used to. Primary and secondary colors like reds and greens stand out to me more, while tertiary colors like browns have faded into the background. I've never paid more than passing attention to colors before, but now I notice them everywhere!

Looking at traffic lights and the grass getting green again is enrapturing me. It's kind of exciting!

Did this happen to anyone else, or is my new diet screwing with my head?

-Valerie

Guest Elizabeth K

I think it is possible. I have training in colors so I might be having that as a result of my color sense being more acute = more sensitive to women's tones (YES! Wearing combinations of colors I never could - yea!)

But - oh my - my sense of smell TOTALLY turned around!

Lizzy

Guest Donna Jean

Mina.....When I started HRT I noticed some heightened senses....color, smell, touch...

I don't doubt the you're experiencing that, too...

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Mina89

I got that sense of smell kick, too! People's breath has never annoyed me so much...

I hate garbage-pickup-eve now, too. And my parents' house smells like mop water and cat litter.

I have a feeling I'm going to develop into someone very difficult to deal with. :rolleyes:

-Valerie

Yes, it is a fact when you go on Hormones, taste, touch, smell and even color perception are effected - those are controlled by the areas of a woman's brain that has been starved of estrogen for so long, finally activated.

Enjoy the new world.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Zenda

Kia Ora,

:rolleyes: Colours become more profound when one is freed from 'depression', this is a 'fact'...So just put two and two together = Pre HRT colours dull - Post HRT more colourful!

Metta Zenda :)