• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Girl From The Darkness

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

I once knew a girl from the Darkness.

She struggled with everything, but her friends were patient and protective.

I wanted to get close, but they were weary of me.

She told me the dead would awaken tonight.

I asked what we should do.

She said we need to help them rest again.

There was beauty in her sadness.

But I couldn't get close enough to understand.

I think that's why I shouldn't try.

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Jo-I-Dunno,

<<< hug >>>

:friends:

Don't be afraid to get close or try to understand

Surly you must know it isn't contagious

It is just the way it is

We all are what we are

Never forsake your own heart

:wub: vanna

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

Hehe. When I wrote it, I thought there were several reasons the narrator thinks he/she shouldn't try.

1. Maybe the narrator, appreciating the girl's sadness, would encourage it by getting close. Is this best for the girl?

2. Maybe the narrator, in getting close to the girl, would alleviate her sadness, thus forever changing her identity. Again, would this be okay?

3. She obviously has some kind of equilibrium she gets from her friends, and they sense the narrator upsettings that balance. The narrator feels unwelcome.

4. Without understanding, there are countless other possible, unforeseeable consequences.

Truth be told, the narrator doesn't know what the right thing to do is. But by avoiding the situation entirely, he/she relinquishes him/herself of all responsibility, which is what the narrator usually prefers I think.

Guest Orva26

I like this one.

Similar thematically to some stuff I've come up with using the whole dark/night thing.

3. She obviously has some kind of equilibrium she gets from her friends, and they sense the narrator upsettings that balance. The narrator feels unwelcome.

But she told the narrator that "we need to help them rest again".

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

But she told the narrator that "we need to help them rest again".

Hmmm. You're right. Her friends might be weary, but this girl might have accepted the narrator in a very subtle way by including him/her in this all-important task. Then again... "we" could be much broader. In contrast to "the dead", "we" could simply be the living.

Guest Orva26

Ah ha!

Now we are going places!

But the operative question is then, is the narrator dead or living? If the narrator lives then the narrator is included in the "we" that means the living and needs to aid the girl in her epic quest type thingy. If the narrator is the dead rest is the answer.

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

Ah ha!

Now we are going places!

But the operative question is then, is the narrator dead or living? If the narrator lives then the narrator is included in the "we" that means the living and needs to aid the girl in her epic quest type thingy. If the narrator is the dead rest is the answer.

Ohhhhh! Now I wish I wrote it in such a way that the narrator might be "the dead"!

Guest Orva26

Hmmm... idk. I like the uncertainty. Maybe the narrator is neither dead nor living. A wraith, in flux between the two. That is why the narrator can empathize but must remain distant and why her friends are weary.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Nonexistent
    Newest Member
    Nonexistent

1. Billie75B
      Billie75B
      (67 years old)
    2. Chloe Cloud
      Chloe Cloud
      (32 years old)
    3. Hannah Emma
      Hannah Emma
      (41 years old)
    4. Joan Arbour
      Joan Arbour
      (77 years old)
    5. Liz B
      Liz B
      (49 years old)
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Snap On dealer impressed with me,have been paying off my new toolbox off.About $2,000.00 left on the payments left.Said he had to repo one last week,guy quit making payments on it.He hates deadbeats big time
    • VickySGV
      I am a little confused about the word in your title there.    Defamation is a variation I know about, and it is akin to Libel and Slander in meaning, and could be the object of a court action or a couple of types.   If you are referring to the act of denying or taking away your feminine gender, ie. they keep using masculine names and pronouns or referring to you as  a "man" or "man in a dress", then yes it happens to me on rare occasion and if it is online, I simply block the moron doing it or leave the group where they are doing it, and may or may not come back if the person is there.  When people are willing to learn about Trans Folks I do give what are jokingly referred to as Trans 101 or even more in depth classes to the receptive and accepting audiences.  I DO NOT however try to teach a pig to sing, which as they say sounds like hell and annoys the pig.  If someone is invalidating your gender, get away from them safely and FAST.    
    • Ivy
      My inner child likes to cuddle with Blahaj.  I know it's weird, but it works for me.
    • Ivy
      I'm not sure they can do this.  Not on line anyway.  LOL   Defamation?  Not that I personally know of.
    • KathyLauren
      It's a sign! 
    • Justine76
      Nice! I've found myself shopping around for astrophotography gear more than once but haven't taken the plunge yet. To close to a metro area to do it from my home.
    • Ivy
      It never occurred to me to be able to see them here in the south.   Maybe tonight if it's not cloudy.
    • KymmieL
      @Willow Oh, yeah. been on anti-depressants for years. Actually 2 different ones. Take them each and every morning along with my other meds. 
    • Ivy
    • Sally Stone
      Well, this last post brings my trans life up to date.  What happens from here is anyone's guess.  The next big milestone will be retirement, probably next year some time.  I don't think that will change things much for Sally because as I have stated previously, I am in a mostly happy place where she is concerned.    I do have a few more posts planned, as I would like to write in more detail about a few occurrences that were memorable to me.  Hopefully they will be of interest to others.    Hugs,   Sally  
    • Ladypcnj
      Has anyone been a victim of online defemination? and what to do about it?
    • Vidanjali
      Yes, this is very therapeutic. You are able to see different aspects of your own personality. There is the part which has survived life thus far through decision making and lots of trial and error. That part of you is your wise and capable parent. When you feel strongly identified with the scared child in you, you can turn to the wise parent part of you whom you trust to guide you. You have faith and trust in that part of you necessarily because it has gotten you this far. Naturally, we all have room for improvement and advancement, but you can only start where you are and try to do your best with what you have to work with and deal with. But by adopting this attitude, you see that wise parental part of you become stronger, wiser, and more steadfast and skillful. Then the child in you increasingly becomes more trusting and carefree. 
    • Susan R
      You want to hear coincidence? I just posted that and my neighbor just texted me and said she has been up early because there were Northen Lights outside. Then 2 seconds later I get an extreme weather alert. “We are experiencing Extreme Geomagnetic conditions observed and continued severe geomagnetic storms expected to continue through the weekend”.
    • KathyLauren
      No you aren't!!  There were reports from Texas, Arkansas and the Carolinas of spectacular shows last night.  This is a once-in-a-lifetime event, the best show since 1938, someone said.  Tonight is supposed to be just as good.  (OK, maybe a twice-in-a-lifetime event.  )
    • Susan R
      @KathyLauren That’s absolutely beautiful. Love those colors! That would be so nice to see some time. I’m too far South to ever see these spectacular events.   Very Nice, Susan R🌷
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.