• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Style Of Heels Do You Like ?

Guest X Lucy X

What Style Of heels do You Like ?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What Style Of heels Do You Like ?

• Chunky heels
    • Wedge heels
    • Kitten heels
    • Cuban heels
    • Stiletto

Guest Elizabeth K

Fashion heels - usually

Because of my height I limit heels to 2 1/2" for going out. I usually wear 1" or less - all sorts though.

I guess I have about 6 stiletto pumps, 2 or 3 espadrilles. But my favorite are strappy sandals, t-straps and sling back heels. In the winter I wear clogs.

Other than that I wear open sandal flats and ballet slipper flats - I guess I have about 30-40 pairs of shoes.

Lizzy

[Running outa space for my shoes!]

Guest Donna Jean

After wearing dock type shoes for the last 30 years, high heels are quite the challenge for me....

When I go out in heels, I take a pair of tennis shoes with me to change into....

Dang, I'll get used to it!

Donna Jean

Guest X Lucy X

Ive only got a few pairs of heels that i wear that are 4 inch but rather be bigger as one or two of them are best shoes but as i said bigger the better i think

Lucy xxx

Guest Daniel Dee

I love high heels but problem is they are not very practical for walking out in. So I usually take a pair with me to change into if on a night out. FoR shopping trips just 2to3 inch at most. But the other day I went out in ballet pumps for first time, as I was in leggings and top and they made my back ache like hell.Daniel

• Admin

I tried 3" stiletto and narrow-heeled shoes, but I found that i just can't walk in them comfortably more than a few yards.

I prefer boots, sandals or wedge heels, as they are the most comfy to walk in. Even then, I've gravitated to chunkier heels for more support and ease of walking. I have a problem with the toes on one foot, some of which don't lie flat, and with shoes that don't completely cover the toes, one or two pop out from the shoe and it becomes not only painful to walk, but embarrassing.

Ugh, its always something. ^_^

Carolyn Marie

Guest meagan

I love shoes of all variety. But i have more shoes in the 3" range than any others. That is high enough to make me feel like my legs are longer, slimmer and be comfortable and easy to walk in for hours. (i still only walk out at night when no one else is around, scared of people still ): ) I have plenty in the 4" range, but they are not meant for long hours of wear. More for short wear when i really want to elongate the leg and feel sexy. I have a pair of Prada shoes with a very thin heel that looks like a flower stem, I love them and they are light as air and feel really good when walking. A lot more stable than i had expected. I just got a few pairs of wedges and really like walking in them. Heavier but still makes me feel good in them. Just had to return a new pair of boots with a beautiful wedge heel. Was sad as they fit the foot, the calf and the heel was 3" but the area around the upper ankle/lower leg was cut to fit a skeleton. Soon as i get my refund for them i will re-order a size up as they are just too gorgeous to let go.

It is not so much a style that i like as much as a style that i like to match for what i am wearing.

• Forum Moderator

At 6'2 I'm not really a fan of tall heels. I probably should get some. But I typically wear flats.

Guest DanielleD

I love heels, but I limit my wearing them to special occasions. I am 6'1" too, so anything over about 2 3/4" I think just doesn't look great on me. Spring and summer I love sandals. Winter flats and ankle boots.

Have fun shopping and have a Fabulous Day!!

Danielle:)

Guest Elizabeth K

I love heels, but I limit my wearing them to special occasions. I am 6'1" too, so anything over about 2 3/4" I think just doesn't look great on me. Spring and summer I love sandals. Winter flats and ankle boots.

Have fun shopping and have a Fabulous Day!!

Deep South girl commenting here!

I go to Avenue and Catherine's, buy those inexpensive 'thong sandals' (under $15) and wear them all season. Then give them away - buying new ones for the next season. I LOVE to show my painted toenails, and highlight my ankle bracelet. Decided to add toe rings this season. PRETTY FEETZ!

In New Orleans we have four seasons: Summer,January, February and March.

When I was a 'woman style watcher' (getting fashion tips at the mall - strange way to do it if ya think about it), all the women were wearing those thong sandals. It's what we do here - even in the winter (February).

And like you 2 1/2" - 2 3/4" height is the highest I wear in public. Although my legs look great in full heels, at almost 6'-2" I really don't like ducking under door frames.

Shoes ROCK!

Lizzy

Guest DanielleD

I live near Baton Rouge. I go to New Orleans several times a year. Sally told me about a nice makeup rep at Lakeside Mall. Since I love to shop, I must ask exactly where is Avenue and Catherine's.

Have a Fabulous Day!!

OK, Danielle,

I looked this up for you

Avenue

SIEGEN LANE MARKETPLACE

10525 S. MALL DRIVE

BATON ROUGE,LA 70809 US

225-291-8144

And Catherines are in malls everywhere

CATHERINES

HAMMOND AIRE PLAZA

9638 AIRE LINE HIGHWAY

BATON ROUGE, LA 70815

(225)924-3611

Hope that helps.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

When I wear heels, I wear the chunky ones because I tend to totter and fall down a lot....

Donna "Oops" Jean

Guest DanielleD

Thanks Sally, Catherine's, I learned is owned by Lane Bryant or vice versa which I do go to. Thanks for the info. If I get to be a bother just hit me with a noodle :). Oh btw the way Donna Jean if things start to get to totter too much, don't forget to add power, lower the nose, and drop your flaps.(This is aviation speak for u non pilots out there)

Have a Fabulous Day!!

Danielle;)

Guest ShannonA23

I like kitty/wedge heels that dont go over 3 inches. I don't know I could maybe go a little higher as I am 5' 9" but I just like to keep it simple and subtle.

shannon

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I rarely wear heels, but when I do, I wear 5 3/4" platforms.

...those sound like str..er..dancer heels.

To the OP: if I could wear heels, I'd totally wear chunky heels on casual days. Regular heels for business or going out at night.

I love wedges. They have the feel of a stiletto, with the comfort and stability added in. Plus they are just so Gosh darned sexy. :)

Almost all my shoes are in the 3-4 inch range. I'm 5'6" (almost) and the heels add the length I need to my stocky biker legs. I can walk all day in them without any issues. They tend to add a bit of swagger to my walk too. Maybe its my head, but I sure feel sexy in them.

Nova

Guest Karen K

My favorite pair of shoes are two and a half inch stappy boots, They have a chunky heel and are surprisingly comfortable.

I also have a pair of ankle boot with a two inch heel, also chunky and comfortable. Ya'll put the bug back into me, I must get more heels, and though I'm just a tick below 6', I don't mind wearings heels higher than 3", after all, my legs are just so darn sexy!

Laura Jane

Guest Adalia

I have a pair of black velvet four inch Pleaser Pumps I do not know what kind of heels they are but they are so sexy I wish I could wear them at work or at least somewhere without carpeting. My apartment is all carpeted except the kitchen and bathroom and I want to hear the click click of my heels as I walk but that is another topic.

• Forum Moderator

I voted wedge heels are my favorite, more stable. I am 6'4" and own a couple of pair of 4" heels (get's lofty up there), I have practiced walking and wearing them, but rarely go out in them. I prefer flats really.

Guest Christy.dancer

I wear wedge heels at least a LITTLE every day, even if it's around the house. Mom is very active in some social stuff, and I get to wear really pretty stilettos to some nice parties. It MEANS that I have to wear heels just a little bit every day, so that I can wear stillettos without looking like I'm an 8th grader going to her first school dance.

Guest Lex7

Himmm... I have yet to try any shoes myself, but I am DYING to try some like calf/knee-high kitten-heeled boots. Something like this ---> http://www.styleceo.com/images/stores/899/1/125-zola-1-heel-pig-leather-knee-high-boots-mens-size-by-ellie-shoes-8928476 (Only preferably not ~$80.00+!! *faints*) The biggest problem for me though, is find any that fit since I'm a 4E and I'm also worried about comfort since I have pretty high arches too. :unsure:

Oh, and...

In New Orleans we have four seasons: Summer,January, February and March.

In Missouri, we have four seasons as well: Tornado Season, (Too) Hot, Tornado Season (again), and Ice Box. Hehehehehehe... :lol:

Lexie

Guest MelissaC

From the choices in the poll, I'd have to say kitten heels. And not just because the name's adorable.

A lot of the ones I've seen have a very sharp point at the toes though, which I'm not a fan of, add the fact that I also don't like open-toed shoes and that it can be hard to find nice shoes that fit and I've yet to find a pair in stores worthy of buying.

I'd probably have better luck if I went down to Toronto. Bigger city = more selection.