• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Does It Matter What Kind Of Hormones I'm Taking

Guest Little_cherry

Guest Little_cherry

does it matter what kind of hormones im taking for breast growth?

I'm taking estrofem, does anyone have experience with those hormones?

I feel like my breasts didnt grow anymore since the last 4 or 5 months.

and I'm taking hormones for a year and 5 months now. I have a NOT filled out cup A.

This is something that you might discuss with your prescribing physician - all I can tell you is our mantra - Your Mileage May Vary.

Remember that for natal females puberty lasts about 5 years - somethings cannot be rushed - it is not a constant process but a series of steps.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Ann Onymous

Different meds work differently as noted above. What works for me might not do a thing for you and vice versa. I went through a couple of different estrogen tablets before settling on estinyl (ethinyl estradiol). Many do not like it because of the potential impact on the liver due to being synthetic, but it was the only tablet that seemed to do anything in the way of physical changes (the others showed up on bloodwork but not in bodily reaction).

Only through conversations with your endo can you get the best answer to your questions...and a good endo should be open to such discussions with a patient who is informed about different meds. Competent doctors do not get married to a single med...

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Cherry,

<<< hug >>>>

It takes very little Testosterone to counter act the effects of Estrogen

That is why most all Dr will prescribe an Anti androgen as part of HRT

If your not on one , make sure and ask your Dr about it

being tested for T&E levels is important as well to insure you are being administered the proper mix

The other thing is that your results will most likely be related to your family, usually a mother or sisters experiences will give you a good idea of what you might be able to attain with regards to breast growth

Good luck , you go girl

:wub: vanna

• Root Admin

Please do keep in mind that we are not medical professionals and as such, we are not qualified to dispense medical advice. Your questions should be directed at someone who knows the answers. Your doctor.

MaryEllen

Guest Elizabeth K

I think we have a problem here?

Estrofem

Its hard to find this with all the hype promoting this product for post menopausal women - but it is not a true estrogen, but rather a non prescription substitute. I quote: "Estrofem is a standard herbal combination"

T&C

18). Users may not discuss how to obtain hormones without a prescription or their specific dosages of hormones nor encourage the taking of non-prescription drugs. ie. herbal hormones

The taking of hormones without being under a doctor's supervision is a very dangerous thing to do.

We cannot endorse or promote, or allow others to recommend or promote herbals.

Lizzy

Guest Femke

I think we have a problem here?

Estrofem

Its hard to find this with all the hype promoting this product for post menopausal women - but it is not a true estrogen, but rather a non prescription substitute. I quote: "Estrofem is a standard herbal combination"

T&C

18). Users may not discuss how to obtain hormones without a prescription or their specific dosages of hormones nor encourage the taking of non-prescription drugs. ie. herbal hormones

The taking of hormones without being under a doctor's supervision is a very dangerous thing to do.

We cannot endorse or promote, or allow others to recommend or promote herbals.

Lizzy

Actually, I believe there is a genuine, prescription only form of estradiol going by the name: Estrofem®.

I've seen the herbal one spelled as: EstroFem (note the capital F). 2 products, same name, one is real the other is rubbish.

HUGS,

Femke

Hugs

Guest Donna Jean

Actually, I believe there is a genuine, prescription only form of estradiol going by the name: Estrofem®.

I've seen the herbal one spelled as: EstroFem (note the capital F). 2 products, same name, one is real the other is rubbish.

HUGS,

Femke

Hugs

Either way....ask your doctor......

You have a prescribing doctor....right?

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Miss_Construe

I personally would check with the CDC, the EPA, NIH (National Institute of Health) and the FDA to see what they have to say. Also, there are links to non-US government sites and clinic information pages on the pages I have visited that provide both laymen and medical professionals with information. Still, get this information interpreted by a qualified medical professional. Feel free to quiz your Dr. to make sure they are up to scratch though.

<3

Amy

i was on estrofem a few years back, it is is just another name for estradiol . they are almost bio identical. so it is more or less just another brand name.

HRT is a very long drawn out process. you simply might have hit one of those down times were nothing new is changing in your body. have your Dr do a new blood test. see what your levels are if you are really worried about it

Sakura

Guest Little_cherry

thanks for your answers.

I'm taking anti testosterone pills.

I wil wait until I have my next appointment, which will be in Fall this year, and ask my doctor

if I should change the brand of my hormones.

I just had an appoitnemtt, about 2 months ago. maybe estrofem is the wrong type of hormone for me?

xxxx cherry

Edited by MaryEllen
Dosage amounts removed
Guest Elizabeth K

Caution

I still remember seeing Estrofem as a herbal in my research. I did a search on Amazon - here is what I found

Aestrofem.jpg

This is not a natural estrogen product as it is labeled clearly as 'phytoestrogens' which are herbal and natural ingrediants similar in chemical composition to human estrogen - but you will be interested to know phytoestrogens are not real estrogen, and do not cause feminization. It is NOT a prescription drug.

Orher research showed Estrofem as 'estrofem oestradiol hemihydrate' and apparently this is a prescription medication. It is produced by a Dutch pharmaceutical company.

So be careful.

Lizzy

• 2 months later...
Guest Little_cherry

okey so its a while ago since I posted this question, I gained some weight ( 3pounds) and my breasts did really get bigger! I have still A cup, but its much more filled out now..

well as nice as it is I didnt just gain weight on my breasts, also on my tummy and before it was nice flat, now not anymore -.- also even on my legs I can see a little difference.

I will definitely lose those 3 pounds now again, does this mean my breasts will get smaller agian too?

Guest Donna Jean

Honey....I'm 30n months HRT now and I STILL am an "A"......

It's not the kinda of Estrogen you take...it, genetics and time!

Huggs

Dee Jay

• Forum Moderator

As far as the weight loss and breast size loss-Fat is definitely stored in breasts as part of female physiology. Sadly when you lose weight you lose breast size. How much can vary. That's one of the reasons you don't often see a woman with large breasts who is thin unless they have been enhanced.

Maybe you can target exercise the tummy and legs and try to keep the weight on top?

Hugs

Johnny

Guest chinee

my doctor prescribe me the estrofem with small letter "f" and it says it is estradiol. I dont know that there is such a herbal estrogen that is a big no no on HRT... so is this estrofem is really a herbal thing??? My doctor never mentioned to me that this could be something like a fake estrogen... *sad* then what is the oral estrogen that could be prescribe for HRT that is non herbal and safe for MTF? so that i could suggest it to my endo and know if it would fit on me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 291 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

The Lake
    Newest Member
    The Lake

1. Britton
      Britton
      (53 years old)
    2. chipped_teeth
      chipped_teeth
    3. james-m
      james-m
    4. jenny75
      jenny75
      (34 years old)
    5. KASS13
      KASS13
    • The Lake
      Hello we are The lake. So called because This One has not determined a name for oneself but has in a way created an environment to try out multiple names as different people. Currently Some of us use she/her pronouns and one uses he/him. We hope to learn more about being transgender and the intricacies involved. Once again it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance and we hope to be of further help in the future.
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://tennesseelookout.com/2024/05/14/judge-refuses-to-dismiss-all-claims-by-transgender-child-against-state-williamson-county-schools/     Kind of a win some - lose some decision.  I suppose that's better than "lose all."    Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/18-states-sue-biden-administration-transgender-worker-protections-rcna152239     When the R's are in power they love having the EEOC promulgate rules favoring employers.  But when the D's are in power, they just hate it when the EEOC makes or enforces rules that favor employee rights; most especially trans employee rights.  Then it becomes "government overreach."  Funny how that works out.    Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Wholeheartedly agree.  Whether a compliment is backhand or forehand, I take it gladly.  They are offered rarely enough these days.    Carolyn Marie
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Wow, a shop that actually respects a customer's truck?  That seems like a miracle!  My husband does most of his own work, because he really, REALLY hates people who mess with an interior, with grease spots or footprints.  His personal truck is old, but super clean.  And since he's the transportation manager for his company, he's pretty picky about people respecting company equipment.  "Take care of it, and it will take care of you" is the motto.  Drivers should be able to go through a DOT Level 1 inspection without worry. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Literally the word means "hatred of women" and so I don't think that's quite the right description for what you encountered.  Possibly chauvinism?  Or maybe just not wanting to bother somebody he figured wasn't interested or capable of doing the job?  Who knows.   But on the other hand...be glad you're passing
    • VickySGV
      Finally found a site that gives the definition of defemination as a process of loss of feminine characteristics or continued loss of them.  Not a word I would use every day, although I can see where it would be a problem for some who value those feminine characteristics.  Yes I have seen it happen and now get the idea, and yes, not in so many words, but yes I have been up against others who do put down my femininity as being a pseudo female at the most polite and I cannot use the words hear for what it is at the worst.   Online, there is little to do about it except leave and block the people who do it and the places it happens, since it affects you much more heavily and negatively than it does the person doing it, and you need freedom from the stress.  The rules here which our "powers that be", namely the staff say we do not put up with members denying the authentic identity of other members. 
    • VickySGV
      I still maintain my "male" skills and almost have to laugh when that sort of thing happens to me with Cis males, and it does happen.  On the other side there, I have activities with the Trans community  here where I live including Trans Men who love to show off their new lives.  I have had a couple come over to my house and I have done some shop teaching that is always fun.  When they offer to help me by doing "male stuff" in a group, I do not take it as misogyny .
    • Thea
      This guy asked me to help with his tire.  So when I turned around and he saw that I'm a woman he's like,  oh nevermind
    • Betty K
      I think that’s an important point. In my case, I’ve found transitioning to be such a relief and a joy that I have no difficulty focussing on the positives. Maybe in your case you could make a practice of noting when you are gendered correctly? Do you keep a journal? I find doing so is major help.   After saying I rarely get misgendered, it actually happened to me yesterday in a local store. After recovering from my shock (the salesman called me “brother”, which to me is about as bad as it gets) I wrote my first complaint letter to a business w/r/t misgendering. That felt good. I also reflected that, to a degree, for those of us who don’t pass, I think gendering is correctly can take a conscious effort. Some Folks seem to automatically see me as feminine, others have to work at it. So if you’re often surrounded by people who have no desire to work at it, that may exacerbate your problem.      
    • Betty K
      I don’t know why anyone would go to the effort of advocating for trans folks only to charge people to read their articles. It seems so counterproductive, and I seriously doubt they’re making more than pocket money out of it. 
    • KathyLauren
      Oh, how I wish we were over-reacting!  But I don't think we are.  The danger is under-reacting. 
    • Ivy
      I understand your feelings. I have the same fears.  NC has made a swing to the right as well, and I'm not optimistic.  I want to tell myself I'm over reacting.  But seeing what these people are  saying, and doing when they do get into power can't be dismissed.  It's proof of what they will do if they take over the federal government. I'm getting kinda old now anyway.  It took me over 60 years to get here, and I'm not going back.  I suppose they can revert my gender markers, but I will still be legally Ivy.  And I have every intention of dying as Ivy Anna.  If I can't find my hormones somehow, I'll do without.  The physical changes I do have are permanent.   Trans people have always existed.
    • Willow
      @KymmieL I think we all have had to deal with a person who would not apologize when they were wrong no matter what.  In my case it was my MIL. Actually called me a lier I front of my wife.  Even when she realized she was wrong she wouldn’t admit it to my wife, nor would she apologize to my wife for any of the things she later admitted she had done that affected my wife.  I had a boss that accused me of saying things I did not say in a manner I did not use.  Even another employee told him that I had not said the things nor used the words but he still refused to back down.     Unfortunately, all too many people in this world believe they are always right no matter what.  Some are very famous.  lol   Willow    
    • KatieSC
      I wish I could cope as well as others. I feel very defeated in that all of the consideration, and then treatment to transition, could all be wiped out by this time next year with the united effort by the R party to eradicate all that is transgender. I fear that the national election could turn out to our detriment, and we will face a national push to eradicate us. Tracking us down will not be that hard to do. Once they know who we are, forcing the legislation to reverse our name changes, gender marker changes, and other records, will not be that hard. We saw an example when the AG in Texas was data mining the driver licenses for those who had gender marker changes. Who will we appeal to? The Supreme R Court? We would have an easier time trying to convince a Russian court.    We need to get out and vote in November. There is not enough Ben & Jerry's to improve my outlook on all of this. In some ways it is a cruel thing in a way. In the early 1930s, Germany was working hard to hunt down the LGBTQ population and eradicate it. Now Germany has better protections there than we have in many of our own states. About 90 years ago, Germany was seeing the rise of their very own dictator...Now the US is on the verge...Oh never mind. What a difference 90 years makes...    History may repeat itself, but sometimes it shifts the focus a little...
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.