• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Paula's Surgery Progress

Guest BeckyTG

Guest BeckyTG

I’ve stayed in touch with Paula leading up to and through her surgery. Today, she asked me to put up a post for the rest of our sisters here at Laura’s updating everyone on her progress.

She was scheduled to be done early Monday morning, but, as they were wheeling her down the corridor to the operating room, the blood test results showed her potassium levels to be too high… She’s already survived a heart attack and a stroke and she’s diabetic. This stuff is important. So, they gave her a saline infusion, but that didn’t bring it down far enough. Dr. McGinn said she could have another go at it Wednesday. No Way! For Paula. She asked if they could try another shot of saline and wait a bit. They did, it worked and she did have her surgery on Monday, later in the day.

It went very well and she came out on the other side just fine.

Tuesday, she’d really not been using her morphine button, so they just unhooked it and rolled it away. This is fairly unusual to be this pain free so soon, but Paula is amazing. They did give her a shot and later a pain pill to get through the night, but nothing since. She is very lucid and clear thinking right now and she misses all of you.

Wednesday, they put her on solid food and she had French toast for breakfast. They got her out of bed and, as soon as she stood up, she felt pretty faint, so they put her back in bed. This is quite normal. After being flat on your back, faintness and nausea when getting upright is normal. They got her up again and this time she stayed up longer.

Her appetite is good and tomorrow, she’ll run laps around the hospital. :D She is doing extremely well and her recovery is better than most patients at this timeline.

That’s the Paula report for today.

Becky, Cub Reporter

• Forum Moderator

Becky-this is just all so amazing. I wish Paula could see my big grin as I read this. I feel so happy for her.

Please tell her I send her a big hug. She is a remarkable woman!!

And thank you Becky for being our reporter.It means a lot to know that she is not only safely through the surgery but thriving. You get a hug too.

Hugs

John

Guest Lacey Lynne

God Almighty be praised! Thank you, Lord, for seeing her through!

Actually, I personally owe Paula a deep debt of gratitude. You see, it is her strategy of amping up androgyny that taught me the way. It worked, and it's Paula's strategy.

She's amazing. She'll always have a special place in my heart. For all intents and purposes, her journey is complete. May her life be long, prosperous and happy!

:friends: Lacey

Great news!

I am so happy for you Paula and I am so happy that you are keeping in touch, Becky.

What a wonderful story - this is not a baby step Paula - you go girl!

Love ya,

Sally

Paula,

I'm really happy that you've reached the peak of your physical transition, also that your recovery is going well. Soon you will be able to put this behind you.

Waiting for the day you can post again.

Love Jenny

Guest Pammy

Great news, Paula! I'm very happy to hear that you came through with flying colors!

I can't wait to hear from you how you feel. Big kisses and hugs!

Don't forget to ask me if you need any tourist information!

Take good care of yourself and follow the good Doctor's instructions to the letter!-+ I want a full report when you get home.

(((((((HHUUGGGGSSSS))))))))))

Love

Pamela