• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My New Drivers License, Plus Good News Regarding Hrt

Guest Alice4016

Guest Alice4016

I don't know why I put this off so long, most likely because I'm just a bad procrastinator (but I was nervous as well..so that played a part I"m sure). Anyway, I thought I"d post the new license (with license number, address, etc. blacked out...so you don't all hunt me down and kill me ;)..because I know you would all do that for sure ;) lol) with my old school ID so you'd have something to compare it too (I don't think I've posted any of my "before" photos up soo....ya I'm a little worried about doing it but it does show some change).

Here's the link to it:

http://www.hipgallery.com/photopost2/data/...se_Pictures.JPG

For anyone worried about getting yours done, no worries! It's easy and at least down here they didn't really treat you weird.

Alice

Guest Alice4016

Oh, I was excited about the license I forgot to mention the HRT progress. My therapist told me that she will have my letter for me in August (she thinks around the 10th when we meet she'll have everything ready). She asked me to find an endocrinologist before I meet with her again so I can get a basic consultation/health check up (I don't know why I can't just got to my basic doctor for this but oh well..it's just another hoop I guess). Anyway, any ideas on how to find one would be great b/c I live in the middle of nowhere (Athens Ohio, College town) and I'm not thinking there will be any around. I tried calling one today and they kind of blew me off when I mentioned I was transsexual, "put me on hold" ie. make me wait, then disconnect me, then when I call back do it again (this happened twice until I finally asked is she would just set the phone down and get the doctor...who said he wasn't confident he could work with a transsexual..which I guess in understandable where I"m living..I don't think there are many of us down here) (is this a common reaction?) So, yeah I've been Googling, and phone booking it all day today (I was really excited after she told me I would start soon that I went right to the library and started searching through the phone books) and I've only found two or three that sound semi-promising out of about twelve I've called today. I have dates to meet for consultations with the possible ones, but when I'm choosing a doctor who's medical expierence could be the difference between life and death (at least I've been told hormones are pretty dangerous) I want to make sure I'm choosing the right one. So, anybody know some resources for finding a good hormone doctor?

Guest Rayne

You look so different.

Here in Wyoming I have to jump through so many hoops.....to get a court order I have to fill out the paper work and place an add in the paper once a week for a month (about a hundred bucks). Why I have to tell people I don't even know that I'm changing my name is beyond me! Then hand the paperwork in, (There goes another 60 bucks) and wait a month for anyone to object. If no one does the judge signs the order, then I take the order to the drivers lisence people. After I do that I can get my SS card changed.

Guest Alice4016

Hey,

I think it's pretty common practice to have to post the notice for 30-60 days. Its to notify banks, creditors, etc so that they can contest your name change if you have large debts, etc. Don't worry, it's usually placed in the Legal Notices of the Classified section, and nobody usually reads those ;) no no worries! And trust me, I know all about hoops....;) by now I feel like I can make a living being a circus performer.

Guest StrandedOutThere

Hi Alice,

Your new license looks great! You do look really, really different. It's cool that in included both pictures.

I look like a dweeb on my license. : (