• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Do Most Girls Layer Their Hair?

Guest chibi_usa

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do most girls layer their hair?

• Yes
    • No

Guest chibi_usa

Do most girls(Teenagers around the age from like from 13-21) layer their hair? Because if I layer my hair then I have to cut my hair short again :l

Guest Ariel Mai

Yes it is all layers, layers, layers, layers, and layers. All of my friends have layers, I have layers, and you don't always have to cut your hair short to get layers. They have a tool which is like half scissor/ blade that creates layers, and also they have a comb with he same blade that makes layers in your hair. But answering your question, layers= teenage girls life, haha. If you really do not want to risk it then let it grow out on its own before getting layers put in. I do not know about your situation of saying you'll have to cut it short, as saying you'll be forced to, or you think that you will to get more, but I hope my answer addressed both of those problems. Bangs are almost a need if you have super layered hair, if you have 1 or 2 no need for bangs. Also ask your hair dresser what they think because some peoples facial shapes are not complimented by bangs, haha if you have any more questions about this PM me :)

Lots of Love,

Ariel

Guest Aly Kat

I grew a boy haircut out for about a year and a half and got that trimmed to a chin-length bob back in February.... it's about shoulder length now and looks perfectly girly =)

You should go to a salon and get their input. If you have damaged hair or split ends, they may recommend getting that portion trimmed off.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 97 Guests (See full list)

• MaybeRob
    • MaryEllen
    • MirandaB
    • Petra Jane
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Luna29
    Newest Member
    Luna29

1. ciara
      ciara
    2. Jamieleann
      Jamieleann
      (62 years old)
    3. Lukey19252
      Lukey19252
      (22 years old)
    4. Maye
      Maye
      (66 years old)
    5. Spirefreedom
      Spirefreedom
      (21 years old)
    • MirandaB
      I feel like it took a while to land in the 'middle zone', but it did happen. But obviously all those decades of testosterone poisoining take their toll, the middle zone is still preferable to the old life. 
    • Susan R
      Everything that @MaybeRob said above is spot on with me too. The changes are much more subtle the older you start. I started HRT at 56 and of the feminine physical changes I experienced from HRT, 80% of all my changes happened by my 3 year mark. The other 20% of the changes are continuing still.   The feminine results I still see change happening in include: reduced and thinning arm, leg, and body hair, body fat redistribution to my hips and butt. There may be still some minor facial fat redistribution but at this point it’s getting harder to tell. The facial fat redistribution started after year 1. Also, I’m still on Progesterone which was added into my HRT regimen after year 1. I believe that is responsible for increasing the size and darkening the color of my nipples to a much more feminine look. I was happy about those changes because my BA procedure alone did nothing to improve that aspect of my breasts. I will be getting off Progesterone at the end of this year now that it has done its job. I will be 6 years on HRT this September. I’m guessing I may have a year or two left before all the expected changes will have occurred.   Hope that helps a little, Susan R🌷
    • Susan R
      Trans Group Zoom Meeting Tomorrow!!   It’s almost time for another Zoom Meet-up and I’m sure it’ll be another entertaining time to get together with others from our community. As usual, these meeting can last up to 4 hours or longer. Come when you can and leave whenever you want. The start times are listed below.   If you need a Zoom Link, Message me as soon as possible as I will be gone early all day tomorrow (Sat.). I will PM you a link here before I leave for the day tomorrow. See you all next week.   Have Fun! Susan R🌷   From Zoom Host AllieJ: We had 15 at our last zoom of April, with great discussions as usual. When there are this many people attending, we have to be a little stricter with keeping our talking time short and watching for hands up so everybody can contribute. Best is to use the electronic ‘Raise Hand’ so it is more visible.    Trans Group Zoom Meeting Times: May 4, 2024 6:00 PM Pacific Time May 4, 2024 8:00 PM Central Time May 5, 2024 11:00 AM Australia/Melbourne
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Wow, Birdie, I hope you get better soon.  At least the nurses figured out that you're not their standard patient.  Hopefully they treat you right.     I wish my husband would replace our stoves.  Of course we use propane, being way out of town, but they're old.  They are supposed to use a battery igniter, but one hasn't worked in years.  There's actually a hole sawed in the bottom plate of the oven where I stick a match.  And the other one had some sort of valve problem, and couldn't get the parts.  I was hoping for a new stove, but I got to watch in awe and dismay as my husband made a "something" with a piece cut from a roll of bulk automotive gasket material.  It works, no leaks.  But I swear we don't replace anything here until it is absolutely dead.  With my luck, that will be another 20 years on those stoves.      I don't complain much, but I wish I had some nicer kitchen things.  Nobody understands that if I'm serving dinner for 36 people, cooking on sheetmetal plates or using stuff from a 1980s junkyard is a bit....suboptimal.  When I mention it, I get lengthy apocalyptic tales of the deprived life in Argentina or Mexico or "In Soviet Union, stove cooks you..."  Thanks, GF.  Or maybe I'm just too spoiled?
    • KayC
      I do the best I can to 'Pass' and I think I have become better at feminizing my appearance ... But, I have also come to realize that no matter how much I feel I pass, it's more up to the individual I interact with than with my efforts and appearance. If they are self-aware humans they will see me as I truly am ... and then I will receive a compliment, or a 'Ma'am', or just a friendly smile.  That's all I really need.
    • MaybeRob
      In my case, at almost 9 months, most changes have been very subtle. I was 60 when I started, and overweight. Also, I am not very observant when it comes to changes. In the last 3 months I have been on T blockers and breast growth have definitely started having suffered irregular "ouchies", but at the same time I have been slowly losing fat, so Bust measurements have not changed. What has changed in the density, I can feel a difference. Face wise the skin feels softer, and my lashes seem to be more visible. Head hair regrowth is a maybe- maybe not situation.  I do have to select men's clothing carefully to camouflage the change in breast shape. I guess I'm still at the not passable as a female stage especially with no makeup. I'm also over 6 foot and well over 100kgs which I guess is problematic to start with!   Hope this helps somewhat   Kate .
    • EasyE
      I started feminizing HRT about 6-7 weeks ago. I began with what I called the beginner's patch. I immediately found myself wanting to level up to the next dose and did that this week (yay!). So far, I am enjoying the ride.   I've read everything I can find on this topic. For the HRT vets on here, what is reasonable to expect in terms of physical changes for someone starting in their 50s? I know "your mileage may vary." I guess I am curious if I stay on my current trajectory for six months, a year, multiple years, how pronounced will the physical changes be? Will I reach a point where it is totally obvious or will I land in a "middle zone" somewhere in which I could pass either way?   Thanks! Like I said I am enjoying the ride so far and always curious to know others' experiences. Not sure anyone else in my life will be excited about these moves I am making, but I have been over that in many places on here already so need to rehash... Love and blessings to all!   Easy
    • April Marie
      Sending prayers and love!
    • Birdie
      Being admitted into the hospital after a long ER visit. I started passing lots of blood and they are keeping me for observation.    Nurse came in to see about a condom catheter, that of course doesn't work on me. 🤣   She said, "I guess we will use incontinence supplies on you."  
    • Ivy
      Yeah.  I think this is what it is about.  Since they are not transgender, nobody else could possibly be either.  I'm not sure that a cisgender person can understand being transgender.  But that hardly means that a transgender person's experience is not real - just because it is not theirs. Why is a transgendered person's experience not valid, while a cisgendered person's is?  Why should it be the cisgendered person that decides? Nobody is forcing a cis person to transition.  What I do for myself is my own business.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      @maebe   It sounds exciting.  I hope all goes well.   Abby
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Decided to head for Lowes after work early and bought a new stove.Was in stock and put it back of my truck.Luckily a neighbor of mine whom does appliance repair did come to remove the connection and convert the stove to natural gas in the new one.Was set up for propane.Happy with it and the scrap metal guy came to pick up my old one.He was happy to get it,said he needed one more to make it a load in his trailer full of junk appliances
    • Maddee
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I've been thinking it is a matter of belief.  They simply do not believe someone can validly be transgender and should not be allowed to practice their beliefs, but should be forced to practice their belief, that is, that there is no such thing as transgender and it is all mental illness/sin/hormonal imbalance. 
    • KatieSC
      I am really kind of sick of everybody who is not transgender deciding on what we need and do not need in the way of procedures. They act like all of this is play acting, and we can just apply cosmetics to our entire body. It might be refreshing if someone asked us directly what services we need in order to transition. I could say more as I am frustrated, but I do not want to violate the TOS.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.