• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Do I Pass?

Guest ☺ Adequate Thresher

Hey, I wasn't sure the best place to post, but I figured this would be a good start. I'm curious how well I pass. I'm thinking about getting a haircut but I can't decide. If I do get it cut I was thinking of getting kind of a pixie cut and dying it a forest-y green and then as it grew out it wood have brown roots and green ends. Also thinking about getting an ear piercing maybe.

Also thinking about getting contacts again. >.<;

Pictures under spoiler to save space.

img1808p.jpg

img1814r.jpg

img1815tc.jpg

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi and Welcome dear :)

Welcome to Laura's.

I would encourage you to post an introduction of yourself in the introductions forum to let everyone get a chance to greet you.

Dearest, you have many wonderful feminine features, but how are your movements?

Passing is far more complex than you realize.

Love

Brenda

Guest (Lightsider)

Grrr..I hate that word pass. Why because it denotes FAILURE for some one else. "I am sorry ma'am but in this class we only have a pass or fail grades."

First off you look lovely. I am sure you will have few problems if any being percieved as who you really are.

Grrr..I hate that word pass. Why because it denotes FAILURE for some one else. "I am sorry ma'am but in this class we only have a pass or fail grades."

First off you look lovely. I am sure you will have few problems if any being percieved as who you really are.

Thank you very much =D

In terms of my eyebrows, I can't really decide what to do with them. They're definitely one of my most strikingly masculine features along with my strong nose. I think my goal for the near future is to try to find a more feminine but androgynous appearance. I'm not really sure how best to do that with my eyebrows; I know I've seen some beautifully shaped thick eyebrows so maybe I'll try for that.

Guest Shining Blue

haha oh wow you actually look a lot like one of my teachers!! You have a lot of nice feminine features, a great androgynous face 83

~Blue

Guest Drewbie

You pass very well. A couple of things I would suggest are plucking your eyebrows and getting thicker framed glasses Like these

I think you'd look good with a bob with some layers, but that's up to you.

• Forum Moderator

The thing about thinning eyebrows is that a lot of guys are doing it these days because it gives a cleaner, neater appearance. So if you don't go too thin they could still be seen as masculine when you want but look much more feminine when you are presenting as female. It will make an amazing difference in your eyes. Which look nice but will pop much more when the brows are done. Most salons are used to doing men now-just call around till you find one.

Johnny

You pass very well. A couple of things I would suggest are plucking your eyebrows and getting thicker framed glasses Like these

I think you'd look good with a bob with some layers, but that's up to you.

I've actually been thinking about getting a concave bob. I've been playing around with tying my hair back the past few days but I think having just the hair in the back cut short and the hair in the front cut to frame my face could look really cute. I might get my eyebrows done whenever I work up the courage to get my hair done.

I haven't gotten new glasses in forever. When these ones die I think I will get some with thicker frames but since glasses aren't the cheapest things in the world I don't think I'll get new ones while these are still working fine.