• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Memories, Tears, And... Makeup

Guest Elena

This one is kinda funny, probably especially so for my brothers and sisters in arms.

Ok, so we all have our morning rituals right? Well one of mine for the last ten years has been to listen to a certain few songs every morning. The list is as follows:

"The Pledge of Allegiance" - Lee Greenwood

"Star Spangled Banner" - Leanne Rimes

"American Soldier" - Toby Keith

"Beer for My Horses" - Toby & Willie (A fallen friends favorite song)

"Forgotten Years" - Midnight Oil (For my half-brother who gave his life in Desert Storm)

"Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" - Toby Keith

"God Bless the USA" - Lee Greenwood

"Ballad of the Green Beret" - SSG Barry Sadler (traditional closing song from my favorite bar when I served in Korea)

I know, absolutely nothing funny about this list of songs. I cry every morning while these are playing, and will hapily do so my entire life.

This morning, well I am still getting used to putting makeup on every day. Yeah, now you see where this is going. :) So this morning I got dressed, put myself together, started driving, and hit play. With predictably disastrous results for my makeup. Didn't have a second thought about it until my songs ended and I wiped my eyes dry. Came away with great muddy streaks all over my hand. :lol:

Note to self: play songs before doing makeup from now on!

So I had my morning cry, and a good laugh afterwards. Hope some of you can get a few laughs as well.

Cheers,

Elena

Guest Caroline Anne

This one is kinda funny, probably especially so for my brothers and sisters in arms.

Ok, so we all have our morning rituals right? Well one of mine for the last ten years has been to listen to a certain few songs every morning. The list is as follows:

"Forgotten Years" - Midnight Oil (For my half-brother who gave his life in Desert Storm)

"Ballad of the Green Beret" - SSG Barry Sadler (traditional closing song from my favorite bar when I served in Korea)

I know, absolutely nothing funny about this list of songs. I cry every morning while these are playing, and will hapily do so my entire life.

This morning, well I am still getting used to putting makeup on every day. Yeah, now you see where this is going. :) So this morning I got dressed, put myself together, started driving, and hit play. With predictably disastrous results for my makeup. Didn't have a second thought about it until my songs ended and I wiped my eyes dry. Came away with great muddy streaks all over my hand. :lol:

So I had my morning cry, and a good laugh afterwards. Hope some of you can get a few laughs as well.

Cheers,

Elena

I raise my glass to the memory of your half-brother.

And, wonderful songs, all of them. I hope you continue your ritual. (if 10 years is any is indication, my guess is that you will)

If I was with you, I'd cry right along.

Guest Emily Ray

Thank you for your sacrifice!

Next, waterproof mascara! While you can predict some crying episodes some just come out of nowhere and waterproof mascara is the greatest. You have to use makeup remover to get it off.

Huggs

Emily

Guest Julie T

Elena

I agree, you had quite a surprise didn't you. I have always had a hard time trying to blow my nose, in a dainty way of course, without ruining my foundation and even my lipstick and lip liner. I did switch over to mineral foundation, a 12 hour lipstick, and waterproof eye makeup. The foundation comes off well enough but it's a chore to take off the mascara and lipstick. I truly believe this, it is a completely different world for we women, is it not?

Julie

• 1 month later...
Guest Michellewhois

Thank you for your sacrifice!

Next, waterproof mascara! While you can predict some crying episodes some just come out of nowhere and waterproof mascara is the greatest. You have to use makeup remover to get it off.

Huggs

Emily

Dang mood swings are a pain when you just get your makeup just right...LOL!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest CarolynM

This morning, well I am still getting used to putting makeup on every day. Yeah, now you see where this is going. smile.gif So this morning I got dressed, put myself together, started driving, and hit play. With predictably disastrous results for my makeup. Didn't have a second thought about it until my songs ended and I wiped my eyes dry. Came away with great muddy streaks all over my hand. laugh.gif

Cheers,

Elena

I can understand the patriotism with your selection but also your views on what they represent to you. May I suggest another that is non-nationality, a song by Dire Straits called "Brothers in Arms". I don't mind one iota that I always get a tear in my eye when I hear it. Love and respect to ALL our forces on both sides of the pond.

Cee xx

Guest Jenny C

A kind of shadow under the eyes is sometime quite sexy ;-)

It show a gift... The gift of emotions and sensibility and at the same time of trying to be a cute cute girl...

But since, nobody is perfect, I find it gives a little charm...

That what I think when I see it on other girls... I find it quite sexy.

Love !

Jenny

• 3 months later...
Guest Jan Jane

Interesting, isn't it that we have to have our rituals. I work in a hospital and one of our biggest issues is patients not being able to smoke, even outside on hospital property. In fact statistics show that 75% of violent acting out by ICU patients is due to nicotine withdrawl. So currently we slap a nicotine patch on smokers as soon as they hit the floor and offer as needed because patches can take up to 48 hours to reach full effect. So why am I saying this in this forum? Smoking, like every other addiction is at least 50% ritual. If you've ever smoked or watch others do it, you know what I mean. So I let the patient open his/her own individual nicorette gum pack and make a ritual of it. It helps.

As a cross dresser I have my rituals too. We walk in very different worlds as both men and women in the same body and it takes a daily ritual to "switch" succesfully. I'm new at this. I'm still learning.