• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Worst Temptation On The Planet

Guest Tabe

So, here I am, sitting on my bed, looking at this tiny bottle in the middle of my hand.

It reads: "Testosterone Cypionate, 200mg"

And then I put it back into its nice little prescription box, and stash it with the needles in my closet. This is because according to my endo, I can't touch it for another week and a half. I'm leaving the country for a week, and he's worried about a possible reaction, this being my first shot. So instead, I have to wait until I get back.

Oh, and did I mention? My period is due in a few days, as well. He also prescribed me Tamoxifen, which is like this estrogen killer they prescribe to women with breast cancer which should help, but for some reason the fact that I'm still going to have the period makes the waiting all that much worse.

Today is like Christmas, and I'm so happy I have my T. But it's also like I got the "trick" on Halloween--I can't have my toy yet. <_<

Discuss the unfairness of life in general now.

Hey Tabe, nice to meet you.

I sympathize with you, the waiting must be hell. And the temptation overwhelming.

Be safe, a week is not that long. Look at it this way, some of us are still waiting for a script.

Have a great trip... the real journey begins when you return. :D

Dino B)

Guest JayJaye

I'm on Androgel daily (started 2 weeks ago) and my hysto is scheduled for 8/28. The dreaded period isn't due until 8/20 but lo and behold guess what! Surprise! One last friggin' period. There aren't enough F's in the world to spell how I feel, LOL. I'm so looking forward to getting it yanked it's not even funny.

So I kind of know the feeling.

Hang in there.

Jay

Guest jacob_rhys

Well I don't have any hard facts in front of me, but I was under the impression that Tamoxifen was some pretty serious stuff? If you have never taken it before and will be taking it with your T how will you determine what change is caused by each? hmmm. I was on Lupron Depot before starting t and I was in chemical menopause from it. Lots of fun. However it brought the changes from T that much faster. My voice started to crack at day three and morning wood started then as well. SO maybe tamoxifen will encourage those things for you too. Good luck. Be strong. don't take it out of the box until you come back home!

Haha, thanks for the replies you guys.

@DZyg: Yeah, good point. At least I HAVE the Testosterone, which is a lot better than still waiting around for it.

@Jaye: Aww, that sucks for you, too. And by the way, good luck on your Hysto!

@Snowangel + Rainbird: I honestly wanted to. But the tickets and passports were all paid for, and the trip is focusing on me and my cousin anyway, as one last trip before college. If I didn't go, the rest of my family would be devastated, and I know for a fact that my Aunt would be crying the whole time. So I really can't do that to them.

@Seth: LOL. You get it, all right. XD

@Drew: Haha, and I'm guessing that's why my endo gave it to me, because he knew I'd listen to him. Can't betray his trust now, can I?

@jacob_rhys: Yeah, Tamoxifen is pretty strong. I'm also taking Micronor now too, so yeah, like you said, chemical menopause. I'm actually already going through moodswings, it's crazy. But that's a good point! Haha, I can't imagine my voice dropping that soon; that would be amazing. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, quickie update.

I'm home from the Caymans, and gave myself the first injection last night. I was shaking so much as I did it that I was seriously afraid that I was going to break the needle off, but the injection itself was fine, completely painless, and I honestly didn't even feel a pinch or anything.

So, that's done. I know a lot of guys feel really calm and mentally quiet and stuff the night that they start T, but I didn't feel anything different at all, and honestly wasn't expecting to. No sudden revelations, the world looks exactly the same, and the only sign that I actually did inject the stuff is a general soreness at the site. Welcome to reality, enjoy your stay.

I have gone through what appears to be hot flashes, however. This is weird because I'm cold, 24/7. Did anyone else have something like this happen to them?

Guest Jack Solomon

On the first day I started, I did feel a noticable reaction for a very brief period of time about 10 hours after receiving the shot. Not a hot flash by itself, but intense disorientation and involuntary muscle tension. It went away quickly, thankfully, and no severe side effects like that since. There was an element to it that I seem to remember felt almost like a hot flash without the heat. I certainly thought the odds were good I'd pass out. Before T I was prone to occasional hot flashes sometimes during the dreaded 'monthly visitor'. Freaky things. Are you cold 24/7 since your shot or did you mean your general temperature? Hopefully your body will 'level out' after the first 24-48 hours or so of getting used to the new presence of increased T levels, like mine did.

Other stuff: I now get muscle cramps in new places that I rarely/never got them before (like leg muscle cramps but in other places).

I also do get slight irritation at the injection site about a day after a shot on occasion.

Solomon