• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Frozen In Time?

Guest nightfly

Guest nightfly

One of the interesting things I found, was that I tend to dress towards a young teen's attire bracket. Raised believing I was supposed to be a girl, when the secondary sexual characteristics didn't occur, and male puberty with all the sexual desire for females really came on strong, my 'female' personality development stopped, while my male personality development continued, albeit at a retarded rate, as I didn't date until I was out of high school, and didn't have sex until I was about 24. So whenever I 'dress' up, I seem to want to wear the clothing that would have been appropriate for me if I were a female at the age of about 14.

I have discussed this at length with other people who were abused as kids, and many have similar feelings of being 'frozen' with a particular mindset in some way at the point when some particular psychological trauma occured. Does anyone else experience this?

• 1 month later...

Hi Nightfly, since I have managed to make it to a respectable four score years I really can't get away with wearing short skirts and a lot of the pretty stuff young folks can. So to avoid looking ridiculous I wear clothing that is not too colorful but more what a woman my age would be expected to wear. I even wear a partially gray wig.

Vieja

Guest AnneMarie

I dress in the same way I probably would if I was a girl of my own age, which is 22.

I wear lots of short skirts, fashionable tights and nice dresses.

I don't wear make up either though, I used to but now it's more about wearing the clothes than the make up for me.

Hi,

I could be very lucky if I want to go it in the clothing I like. My favorite is a short skirt. If I take a look around in the city, woman from young age to approx 50's still wear short skirts. It is allways together with panties. Some panties are colorfull some are just black. So I think I will not get atention by wearing same still. So I can not tell the age of the style. I do not want to wear clothing with flowers on it like small girls with the age of 5-10 wears. So I still in the right age.

Greetings

Nelly

• 2 weeks later...