• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Christian Church Allows Transsexual People

Guest Alice International

Guest Isabella_Anne

Well that's a good question. I know the catholic church does as long as you have not had SRS. I know this because a read an article recently about that very topic. I would guess most would. I would not tell them my status. My opinion is that god really does not care one way or another. Maybe you could google it and see what comes up.

Isabella

Guest BeckyTG

what christian church allows transsexual people in their service?

Episcopal, Unitarian, Methodist and Congregational churches in my area all have a big welcome mat out for us.

There are more.

Becky

Guest KimberlyF

From what I understand, I think certain Lutheran ones. I think could be wrong.

The Evangelical Lutherans have gay pastors. The Missouri Synod is to be avoided.

• Admin

For Southern California, the Episcopal churches are very open to us. Nationally, the Episcopal Church has a number of transgendered clergy. I recently came out to my parish (after being there in old mode for 20 years) and have been warmly accepted. Integrity which is a GLBT organization in the Episcopal Church actually has a listing of parishes that have taken steps to assure that they are welcoming and inclusive. Integrity Directory

Another denomination that is quite welcoming are the Metropolitan Community Churches which are GLBT churches that welcom straight people too!! There are at least 4 here in So. Calif, but I do not have the links just now, but they Google quite well.

Guest some ftm guy

i don't know how many Unity churches are around nationally but i heard they accept the LGBT community as well as everyone else. the one closest to me is about 45 minutes north and that's the one i plan to go to as soon as i get the guts to drive myself lol.

• Forum Moderator

United Church of Christ is accepting. I drove by a UCC church in Anacortes Washington a couple of years ago and they had about 10 rainbow flags flying from flag poles around the building.

Guest Lacey Lynne

Unitarian Universalist Church, which also welcomes Wicca practitioners

Julie T

Everybody gave you excellent answers. Far as I know, they are quite right. Any of those churches would welcome you.

Julie (quoted above) is VERY right about the Unitarian Universalists. That's where I plan to go myself once sunning season wraps up. Sundays are the ONLY days I can catch rays and skinny dip, and, honey, I'm so there! B)

Church will be wonderful for you for community and frienship if nothing else. If you get spiritual benefit from it, well, it just doesn't get any better than that! Good luck with your journey.

Peace ;) Lacey

• 1 month later...
Guest fitingdragon22

The Ecumenical Catholic Communion is an enclusive organisation and does not care about surgery status or whatever. They are not Roman catholics so do not have all the rules.