• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Very Quick Bio, And Some Help.

Guest Zooey

Guest Zooey

Let me first say this is the hardest thing that i have ever had to do in my life, and right now I'm just looking for some support and guidance. This will be my second post on Laura's playground, and it was recommend to me that i first post on the introduction page. So here's a quick bio.

I'm a 25 year old dyslectic male who believes he's transgendered and should have been born female. Ever since the age of 12 to 13 i've felt different from the other guys around me. i liked to play sports and all that macho stuff, but i always just wanted to be one of the girls and, well.... just be a girl, but pride always got in the way, and told me to suck it up and be a man, but at the age of 25 i can't be a man anymore, and i need some help, My heart can't take it anymore.

I apologize if my spelling and grammar sucks, Having dyslexia makes it very difficult to communicate on a forum, but i will try my best.

So if anyone can can help me with my first post under the (therapy and therapists discussion forum) it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my original post (Looking for a gender therapist in the local metro Detroit area, preferably female, that someone here has had a good experience with.)

With all the love i can give, Zooey.

Here's a little more info about me

Physical : 25 years old, 5'9'', Brown hair, Brown eyes, And athletically built.

Beliefs : Atheist

Political : libertarian

Ethnicity : italian, polish, German, Scottish.

Drinker/Smoker : Yes, And yes.

Guest John Chiv

Welcome to Laura's Zooey.

Thanks for the intro. You did just fine. I really do not have an answer to your question and since it is so specific, and to a particular area, maybe if someone else has the information, you will get a response.

In the meantime, please continue to read and participate as you feel comfortable. It takes up to 5 posts before you can access all features of the site, including the PM feature. Have you read our Terms and Conditions?

John

Guest Donna Jean

Let me first say this is the hardest thing that i have ever had to do in my life, and right now I'm just looking for some support and guidance. This will be my second post on Laura's playground, and it was recommend to me that i first post on the introduction page. So here's a quick bio.

I think that admitting what we are to others is one of the harder things that we do.....

Congratulations on accepting yourself....

I'm a 25 year old dyslectic male who believes he's transgendered and should have been born female. Ever since the age of 12 to 13 i've felt different from the other guys around me. i liked to play sports and all that macho stuff, but i always just wanted to be one of the girls and, well.... just be a girl, but pride always got in the way, and told me to suck it up and be a man, but at the age of 25 i can't be a man anymore, and i need some help, My heart can't take it anymore.

When I was your age I served in Vietnam and later became a cop and learned to fly airplanes....all of that trying to cover my feelings and make it all go away....it won't go away....

So, I AM one of the girls now.....

Have you considered talking to a gender therapist? That would be what I would recommend to help you sort out how you are feeling over all of this and what direction you may take....

Here's my original post (Looking for a gender therapist in the local metro Detroit area, preferably female, that someone here has had a good experience with.)

With all the love i can give, Zooey.

Here's a little more info about me

Physical : 25 years old, 5'9'', Brown hair, Brown eyes, And athletically built.

Beliefs : Atheist

Political : libertarian

Ethnicity : italian, polish, German, Scottish.

Drinker/Smoker : Yes, And yes.

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Zooey,

<<< hug >>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Guest Emily Ray

Welcome to Laura's!

There is a list somewhere on the site of gender therapists by state. I think it is on the main site. I found my first GT through Laura's. I am so happy you are finally going to deal with these feelings in a healthy way.

Huggs

Emily

• Admin

Welcome to the Playground, Zooey.

Yes, that first post is a nerve wracking experience, but as you can see, we are a pretty friendly and understanding bunch of folks, here. Please make yourself at home.

The more you post the quicker you learn and the more friends you will meet. You can post in any forum, and someone will always respond. I hope you take advantage of all we have to offer, and once you get your five posts in, and you ever have a question or an issue that you don't want to post openly, please feel free to PM any of us Moderators or anyone else you think can help.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Julie T

Zooey?

From what I read you positively belong here, so welcome welcome welcome.

We also have dyslexic and others here with all sorts of conditions. You are just fine. We work with you if you work with us [me laughing].

Julie