• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sweaters

Guest Keiichi-kun

Guest Keiichi-kun

So I've been observing people who wear sweaters/hoodies that zip up and I can't tell if boys and girls do anything different with their zippers. Does it look manlier to keep the sweater zipped up or down? Stupid question but it's been bugging me :?

Guest Kristine

I haven't like, gone out and pointedly observed this, but now that you've made me think of it, I'm pretty sure this is the general way of things;

Girls tend to wear zip-up clothing the way it was meant to be worn. When the weather is nice, females unzip their coats and sweaters. When it gets chilly or windy or rainy, they will tend to zip them up. Males, on the other hand, are much more likely to leave their clothing and jackets unzipped until it becomes impractical. I guess it is kind of a display of manliness(braving the elements and all).

I doubt it makes much of a difference, but yeah. I think that's more or less what I've seen. Go figure, the main difference is that girls seem to have more sense! ;)

I noticed my family does the 1/2 zip thing. like girls tend to leave it so that it is you know shows boobs and stuff. So here's a question to add on to this, do you wear your pants at waist. Or if your like some teens low-cut, boot-cut jeans do you wear them don on your hips or even below that? Girls tend to have low cut stuff... but boxer dont realy allo for butt crackage... interesting question? <_<<_<

Guest Keiichi-kun

I can't wear my jeans low because I have such wide hips lol. I tend to do what girls do I guess and unzip when appropriate and zip up when cold. Of course I see some men always zipped up. I never go halfway because it makes my boobs look even bigger x.x

Guest harvester52

I've noticed guys tend to wear their hoodies unzipped. I always do.

As for the pants... I wear mine around my hips. It's more comfortable that way to me.

Guest theEND

I generally keep my hoody unzipped..but to be honest I don't think it's that big a deal either way, most people wouldn't notice whatever you were doing. I always wear my jeans on my hips..can't bear to have them on my waist >_<

• 1 month later...
Guest punkrawk_cd

In the morning when it's still cold I zip-up my hoodies and when it's all sunny in the afternoon it's unzipped ! Since I wear skinny and low-cut jeans, they are on my hips

Guest katie019

About the pants, when my pants are too tight or won't fit where I want them, I just cut slits in the sides on the waist by the belt loops. Just one on each side, then sometimes I wear a cool lookin' belt cause it looks good or I don't want people to see the slits.

• 1 month later...
Guest Kelly Ann

if it's cold it's a layer. Hoodies are good because you can keep the heat from ecaping too easy. Sleeves up or down... Tied wrapped around my neck or waist...it's a great item to have around...I actually like earthtone stripes. I see more guys keep them open though thats sort of crazy... I wonder what the ratio is in the POLAR BEAR CLUB? I would almost wager more males. Just stay warm! (-: Kelly Ann

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 187 Guests (See full list)

• Ashley0616
    • MaryEllen
    • Mirrabooka
    • AllieJ
    • atlantis63
    • Markianor
    • Betty K
    • KathyLauren
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

jacobb
    Newest Member
    jacobb

1. Adele Svetova
      Adele Svetova
      (25 years old)
    2. BROOKSGLASS
      BROOKSGLASS
      (34 years old)
    3. FinnyFinsterHH
      FinnyFinsterHH
      (16 years old)
    4. fool4luv
      fool4luv
      (26 years old)
    5. itsaddison
      itsaddison
      (20 years old)
    • atlantis63
      no. I don't really go for all that stuff   the only thing I do believe is to not mess with god's will too much- I mean, sure, if you're unhappy with your body, then I think you should change it to something that makes you happier   if, however, you.. I don't know, can't find a job for instance- I don't think you should push it. wait until it comes to you, because it will
    • Charlize
      I just wish bit was law rather than a presidential mandate that thecright wing might cancel.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Willow
      Good morning   @Ashley0616. So glad it wasn’t worse.  I did something similar when I was maybe 8. I was playing outside barefoot and stepped on a piece of broken glass. My mother zoomed into action when I told her.     @awkward-yet-sweet welcome back to the working world. Mental work is just as tiring as physical but both feel good.  It’s a different kind of tired when you wake up.   @Birdie what a beautiful young woman you were.   i made a pot since it’s Sunday. Last time for a while I’ll be grinding beans.  Somehow I messed up and bought already ground the last time.  I know I was in a bit of a rush at the time.  That just doesn’t pay.  Slow down and take the time to read the package.     at least we can use this up making single cups too.  We have a replacement for the pod holder that allows you to use ground coffee or tea leaves. I suppose herbs could be used if that’s your thing but it’s never been this girl’s.  (Like I said too conservative and goody two shoes)   Well here I sit in my sleep sweatshirt from Buc-ee’s while the dog is signaling she would like to go out.   i suppose I should finish up and get ready for the day.  And a nice one it will be. Mostly sunny high of 76.  I should go sit by the pool this afternoon.   Willow    
    • Ashley0616
    • Heather Shay
      Do you have a motto or mantra?
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Neither up nor down, just being.
    • Heather Shay
      Tension is not a well-understood psychological state. It can be both positive and negative, much like stress itself. A 2015 research paper on the theoretical framework of tension notes it's an anticipatory emotional state which tends to be associated with: conflict.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • atlantis63
      thanks. good to be back
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/27/politics/lgbtq-health-care-biden-administration-rules-affordable-care-act/index.html   Personally, I think this is a very good thing.   Carolyn Marie
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I'd love to have a dinner party with Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Voltaire, and Ayn Rand.  Would definitely be an interesting time. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      In the forward I learn that transgenderism is bad, and somewhere else that transgender ideology is bad.  I have not yet read a definition of either in the document.  I assume they are the same.  I know Focus on a Family has a definition of transgenderism on their website, or did, but I am not sure this is the same as that.  I might agree that transgenderism is bad if they use a definition I condemn (e.g. transgenderism means you always pour ketchup in your shoes before you put them on - I could not agree to that).  Is someone who believes in transgenderism, whatever it is, a transgenderist? I never see that term.  There may be other definitions out there, but I don't think there is an Official Definition that we all agree to.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.