• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Family Reunions Suck

Guest Draik

So I had the family reunion and it was....alright. My dad was really cool with the whole transgender thing and said He/him every time. My "step" sisters were really cool too and told everyone I was their brother. However, my grandma was horrible. We were staying with my dad's wife and my grandma came over and just walked right in the room while I was trying to get dressed. I flipped out because she saw me getting dressed but still continued to enter the room with me 1/2 undressed. I told her to get the **** out but she just kept touching me like it was no big deal and couldn't understand why I was angry. Anyway, Now I'm in Nevada and it's been sunny the whole time. I already have a tan B)

Some pictures I took with my new digital camera.

Guest raydub

Draik!

You look good! Glad the reunion went ok.. except for the whole grandma thing. Sounds like things went well. Your dad and sisters sound way cool. My sister just wigged out on me like mad..but maybe she'll come around. /shrug

Enjoy the sun! And thanks for letting us know how things went dude.

Ray

Guest StrandedOutThere

Hi Draik!

Lookin' good! Hey and that's cool that your dad and stepsisters were calling you by the right pronouns. ...not so cool about the grandma. What's the deal with walking in on a fella who is trying to dress?

Guest femmym

hi draik im glad things went well for you at the family reunion apart from your grandma . you look really good by the way

keep up the good work MAN

femmym

Guest GoldenKirbichu

Well, you're quite an attractive young man if I may say so...

With the compliments out of the way I'm glad you enjoyed your time at the reunion, even if that moment with your grandmother was awkward.

Guest KaseyFox

'ello chaps! (and everyone else) --

draik, you look great in the pics. glad the reunion went well (save for the awkward grandmother moment). i'm going to a family event in a few weeks where some people haven't seen me for at least 5 years (i'm still pre-op and pre-t). it's actually a religious event so i have to dress up. dad said i didn't have to wear a dress, but i still had to dress in a feminine manner. i told him i'd wear a button down and pants. if he doesn't like it, then intercourse him. we'll see how it goes.

cheers,

kasey