• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Voice Training Before T

Guest Keane

I've seen a few (very few) videos on youtube on ways to help train your voice, but the only one i remember the guy was already on T.

Plus i went on a MTF site (i think its tsroadmap.com or something) and it said that an MTF would have to go through about 6 months of voice training..... it would probably be the same on the FTM side.

I tried out some things before (id go "ooooooooooooooooooooooo" in a deep voice for like 10 minutes a day or more when i'd get time) and it did help me get used to deepening my voice, but i stopped because a) i'm lazy/forgetful and B) my voice still had female traits, like the lips & the fluctuating of pitch that makes a voice sound female regardless of how deep it is.

So if anyone has any info about voice training, making your voice deeper, getting rid of the lisp, etc. your help would be appreciated :)

Guest My_Genesis

gee, i actually didn't know they did voice training for FTM's, but i'd also be interested in finding out about it..my voice is kind of on the deeper side for a female voice anyway..i wouldn't say masculine, more like androgynous..to give you an idea, male singers often sing too low for me, while most females singers sing much too high..

what do you mean about the lisp thing?

Guest Snow Angel

Ask Harvester 52 for some tips. I'd say he's the 'voice' of authority when it comes to pre-T masculine voice training. I've talked to him on skype and his voice is 100% male. He did say it took tons of long term training, though.

Guest harvester52

I'm in the process of making a voice training video, much requested by the folks who saw my "voice demo" video. I'll let you guys know when it's up.

Guest theEND
I'm in the process of making a voice training video, much requested by the folks who saw my "voice demo" video. I'll let you guys know when it's up.

Make sure you do tell us :P I could really use some help when it comes to that :(

gee, i actually didn't know they did voice training for FTM's, but i'd also be interested in finding out about it..my voice is kind of on the deeper side for a female voice anyway..i wouldn't say masculine, more like androgynous..to give you an idea, male singers often sing too low for me, while most females singers sing much too high..

what do you mean about the lisp thing?

I'm not sure if it's common since T changes the voice a lot, but i wont be getting T for a few years.

I don't know if it's just around here, but girls hiss on their S's alot, and the guys don't.

Thank you :D

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to train my voice by doing the voice stretches i mentioned earlier and singing in a deeper voice, i've been sick though so its kind of hard.... It's starting to work though :D

Guest harvester52

I've done sixty-thousand takes of my voice training video, and every time it's either too long, or the audio clips out (fuzzes because I forget to turn the gain down when I sing.)

I'm trying, guys. It'll be done as soon as it works. -curses YouTube and its evil time limit on videos.-

• Root Admin
I've done sixty-thousand takes of my voice training video, and every time it's either too long, or the audio clips out (fuzzes because I forget to turn the gain down when I sing.)

I'm trying, guys. It'll be done as soon as it works. -curses YouTube and its evil time limit on videos.-

If your videos are over 100Mb, log in to your Youtube account, find the MyVideosUpload page, then on the right hand side, is a greyed out link for Upload files larger than 100Mb, mouse over it and click the button, it works even though you are led to think it is disabled (greyed out). The button actually says Multi-Video uploader, then click Add Videos to List and go from there.

:D

It's not the size that's the problem, it's the time. All my videos are over ten minutes. Is there something similar to allow longer video uploads?
A lot of people break their Youtube videos up, ie part 1, part 2, etc. You could try that.
  • 2 weeks later...
It's not the size that's the problem, it's the time. All my videos are over ten minutes. Is there something similar to allow longer video uploads?

Try changing your youtube account to a directors account, i don't know if that will mess anything up, you could also try splitting it into two videos, or have an alarm go off at like 9 minutes and start another video.