• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

ball and chain

Guest Caelen

hey everyone,

so today is the Perth Fair, and my girlfriend and I went to have a good time, we stayed for about two hours and are going back tonight for the rides so we aren't wading through a sea of knee high elementary school kids and waiting half an hour to go on a ride that costs 3 tickets, but yeah, so I got a mohawk (super excited) it means my scalp can breathe (I've been having skin problems on my scalp due to the hot weather and natural overly oily skin), so what bothers me today, well not really bothers more so irks, is that we were having a good time, minding our own business, but the comments! and it's not that I'm hurt by them, I'm just annoyed that just because she and I look different (we're both into the Punk subculture) and that we were holding hands that we some how deserve to have insults flung at us as if we were a freak carnival show (which I think is lame as well but you know I need an example), I'm not going to say what we got called because it isn't even worth repeating, it's just the concept of the whole thing that just because it's different it deserves to be insulted, I'm sometimes wondering if she and I are the normal ones and they are the outcasts of society, granted we are in an area that has a very backwards way of thinking, especially the younger ones, but still! it's just so frustrating, it's not as if she and I insult them just because they look and are the way they are, so why do they insult us? not like we call them names for being heterosexual, or make fun of how they dress and look, just urgh. sometimes I've had enough you know? sorry for my ranting, but I was wondering if anyone ever felt that way? and why is it that the 'straight' people are always considered normal and everyone else isn't? what even defines normal anyway? and just URGH

Guest Maria_B

I always hated the term straight as it implied anyone of a varying sexuality was then somehow ''bent''.

My personal opinion shan't be shared on these forums, however, because it would probably upset a few people. But I do have what I call my ''main sources'' of the cause of this.

Terribly sorry that you had to put up with something so... disgusting... Because honestly, it is just plain disgusting to its very core.

I hope you can have more fun later in the day when you don't have to wade through kids conditioned to hurl a stone at fellow humans.

we had more fun in the evening, she got sick from to much cotton candy (sugar junkie), and there were less insults, but the weird thing was, a lot of people stopped us, even in mid conversation while we were wondering how to budget 27 tickets between the two of us (most rides took three each) to tell us how cute we looked as a couple, and that made me wonder, do other LGTB (et cetera) people do that to 'hetero' couples? and yeah it's a great compliment, but it also felt as if we were a side show to be oohed and awed over instead of just being a normal couple going to the Fair, I don't know maybe I'm over thinking, but it's the principle of the matter that's bothering me, that even though it's a compliment, we still aren't being viewed as equal or as a normal couple

Guest Maria_B

I'll chime in once again and also add that this bugs me off too.

The fact of the matter is, you are just a normal couple, just two people in love, not so hard to understand?

Why you are a spectacle I don't know.

I never have understood it.

Don't think I will.

As positive as it is, I agree, its negative.

Better then insults, I suppose? Glad you had fun, even if the cotton candy was a viscious night ruiner ;)

Guest Nebulous

O man, I haven't had fairy floss for aaaages. :D

People get really out of sorts when they see something that doesn't fit into their space. They're compelled to say something. I don't know what they're trying to achieve, but I suppose they think it makes them feel better to be heard when their opinion was never asked for.

Don't let it bug you, And I know it's easy to say that but when it happens enough you realise that they're the only ones with the problem and you really don't need to care about how they feel. You're there going about your business and too bad for them if they don't like it, that's all.

As for the people stopping you to tell you how cute you are as a couple, perhaps it's a case of wanting to make themselves feel good, they see people who they think look like they could draw some negative attention, so they want to let you know because it makes them feel good to be so nice, and they think it will make you feel good as well. Happiness all 'round? Not so!

Is it just me or have people gotten a little more impulsive these days? :P

:thumbsup:

thank you everyone for commenting, and it's true, while it was nice it was still a damper, and I'm glad I could get this across without seeming petty as if I was analyzing a compliment (which a few people on the chat rooms have said I've been doing), the rides were great and the cotton candy (never heard of it being called fairy floss, will have to use that more often, sounds cooler :D), was delicious minus the amount consumed,

Guest Marshall

Sounds like you had an awesome time at the fair, other than the not so awesome insults. They way I see it, when someone insults someone else because of who they're in love with just seems like childish antics. Because really, it's just ridiculous what they say. But again, glad to hear you and your girlfriend had fun. ^_^

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 90 Guests (See full list)

• MAN8791
    • Ivy
    • Ashley0616
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Vivelacors
    Newest Member
    Vivelacors

1. Aelia
      Aelia
      (22 years old)
    2. Just-Jenny-finally
      Just-Jenny-finally
      (65 years old)
    3. KelcieK
      KelcieK
      (50 years old)
    4. Krimson Kya
      Krimson Kya
      (35 years old)
    5. Robin
      Robin
      (56 years old)
    • Willow
      Wow what a busy day today.  Clearly the summer crowd is coming into town.  Doesn’t hurt that we have a PGA event here.  It is limited to 100 players. But the spectators is where the crowd is.   i alone more than doubled my usual sales.     we keep hearing thunderstorms however they are staying just west of us for now. The storms in western Tennessee right now are supposed to be here in the morning.    
    • Vidanjali
      Edit: Latest album is called "Drumless". My bad. The name of their tour is Drummer.
    • Vidanjali
      My gen z cousin & her gf were visiting the last few days. We are a very, very small contingent of queer members of our family & we stick together. She and her gf introduced me to G Flip. They recently attended a concert and said it was the best concert ever. They were playing G Flip in the car and I was impressed by the vocals, the lyrics, the influences, and the percussion (G is also a drummer). I love a nonbinary vocalist (not that we get to hear so many...yet...) because the freedom from gender performance shines forth. I could hear influences from many styles of music I loved in the 90s, but all blended together in a joyfully percussive way. G Flip is rad! I would post a link to some tracks or an album, but there are explicit lyrics which would go against community rules - you can easily search youtube yourself if you're interested; their latest album is called "Drummer". But here is a picture of G who is serving us gorgeous nonbinary vintage Axl Rose!
    • Vidanjali
      Welcome, @MAN8791. I relate to this so much. I'm roughly the same age as you, afab & nonbinary. For decades, I beat myself up for being a "broken" girl/woman. And I tried my darndest for many of those years to perform woman successfully. While outwardly I may have seemed "a success", inwardly the effort and dysphoria caused me so much anxiety, panic, and depression that it eventually became unsustainable. For me, the first step was letting go of identifying as "broken". Next, I allowed myself to be however I am. And very rapidly I felt better - in fact, initially I felt ecstatic. The door was open for me to really learn about self-love and therefore love itself. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Well, the counter space in the kitchenette is pretty Limited. But also cost, and usefulness. I guess she is mostly right, and it isn't really important.
    • Vidanjali
      "The Health and Human Services Grants Regulation (HHS Grants Rule) Final Rule protects LGBTQI+ people by clarifying and reaffirming the prohibition on discrimination on the basis of sex – including sexual orientation and gender identity – in specific health and human services programs, consistent with the Supreme Court decision in Bostock v. Clayton County, 590 U.S. 644 (2020)."   https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2024/04/30/hhs-issues-final-rule-prevent-discrimination-health-and-human-services-grant.html
    • Vidanjali
      Wasn't sure whether to post this in the "uplifting news" or "news" forum. This bill is pro-LGBTQ+, albeit 30 some odd years too late with 100s of thousands of lives lost throughout the AIDS crisis. The upshot is that ol' Ron has actually done some good for the community. That's really...something...although I doubt he sees it that way. And most importantly, greater access to screening and care will save many lives.   https://ncpa.org/newsroom/qam/2024/05/01/floridas-governor-signs-bill-expand-hiv-care  
    • Vidanjali
      "The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) updated the federal workplace guidelines after a quarter of a century to protect pronouns, bathrooms and abortion."   https://thehill.com/business/4631184-updated-federal-workplace-eeoc-guidelines-protect-pronouns-bathrooms-abortion/    
    • MAN8791
      Both of my parents were raised in WASP-ish families. What was or wasn't appropriate, with an emphasise on superficial appropriateness (conformity) was verbally beaten into me the second I hit puberty.   Which is really sad as I think back, and was bewildering at the time. I remember being really free to be expressive how I wanted to and then once I started puberty, all of that freedom disappeared and I didn't understand, at all.
    • MAN8791
      I'm doing "beans and rice" for dinner tonight, but it's Punjabi style red bean curry and saffron rice, and I always have an appetizer tray of cut vegetables and dip (seasoned yogurt to go with the theme) on the table.  Might grab a package of naan from the store on the way home, or just make a pan of very american biscuits to go with.
    • MAN8791
      I'm volunteering both days of our Pride Festival (signing other volunteers in, lol).    Taking my two younger kids (oldest is way too cool for school, lol) to a family friendly pride festival, and then turning them loose at the city wide event while I listen to music. They're old enough to experiment with independence and the festival is in a controlled enough space they can feel like they're getting away from me without being *that* far away. My middle is newly out as LGBTQ+ and has been practicing their makeup look for a couple weeks already (age 14) <3 
    • Ashley0616
      Well today was mostly sleeping so far. I woke up at around 0600 and made sure my oldest was ready for school. I came back down on the computer chair and next thing I knew it was 0953. I went through speech therapy for myself. Next thing I realize it's 1300 and apparently went to sleep again. I knew I slept last night but whew apparently not enough. 
    • MAN8791
      Jeans, grey henley, heathered grey blazer with elbow patches, split sole jazz sneakers. Blazer is one of my favorite wardrobe pieces and it's warm but super windy today so perfect sort of day for it 
    • MAN8791
      Fragile is my word of the day. More intense dysphoria than my baseline normal, feeling emotionally on edge. Also ignoring a piece of therapy homework that's actually going to be beautiful when it's done (I'm doing an art piece exploring emotions around the name I was given at birth).
    • MAN8791
      Got accosted in a grocery store parking lot this morning by someone out on a petition drive (in my state, citizens can gather petition signatures to advance ballot measures; I'm always a little cautious about encountering petition drives "in the wild" because unless it's an issue that's been talked about *a lot* it can also be used as a way to just gather voter information).   ANYWAY, the person with the clipboard is presumable cis male and aggressive and I'm AFAB, genderfluid, dressed pretty androgenously this morning and this guy hollars across the parking lot asking "young lady" if I'm a registered voter.   Informed him I'm neither young nor a lady (guy was at least a decade younger than me, maybe more) and wasn't interested in the petition anyway.   "Oh, so I guess you're just offended then."   "YEP!"  
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.