• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

HRT and Sexual Side Effects?

Guest Nova Maria

Guest Nova Maria

Is it possible to undergo hormone therapy and still stay sexually functional? I would really like to reap the benefits of hormones, but I still want the ability to be intimate. Is this possible, or do I have to choose one or the other?

You might want to search the forums because there have been many topics talking about this.

It depends on several things.

Younger people can usually stay active better than older people.

It may depend on what your libido and T level are before you start HRT.

It will take some time before the HRT has an effect but it will at some point. How long that is depends on the individual.

Talk to your doctor and G.T. about this as they will have better advice than we do here.

In any case your ability will start changing at some point. It will be different for every person.

A change in libido and performance is one of the things you need to accept and expect if you start HRT.

If you are not ready for some changes to happen you should really think about not starting until you are ready because you may regret it later on.

I am in my early 60s and have been on HRT for going on a year for the second time. When I started my libido and T level were already low. I have not been able to preform for at least four months now. But I feel great about it. I have shifted my focus to pleasures that are totally different but just as satisfying.

Mia

Some t* folk are not troubled by their genitals in this way; we all have different motivations. It's OK to to enjoy using male genitals for sex, if that's what you want to do, whether or not you desire transition or SRS in the future.

However Mia is 100% right, "male" sexual function in terms of libido, fertility, and the duration/firmness of erection, are definitely affected to some degree depending on one's physical condition and psychological outlook. If "male" sexual function becomes an issue for you after HRT, then you can always stop HRT or adjust regimen... after consulting your physician of course.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes it's possible, even after SRS.

Libido will go down incredibly, but it's still possible to be intimate. It just takes a bit longer. It's more on command and in control on HRT, while previously (pre-HRT) I'll be getting this sporadic uncontrolled and unwanted libido all off the time.

It can happen that you loose all interest all together, some trans loose interest. But they can get a small amount of T and get libido pretty much instantly. In gg-females, T also produces the female libido. So you can always get it back, eventually.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 73 Guests (See full list)

• Birdie
    • Amy Powell
    • MaryEllen
    • Cyndee
    • KatieSC
    • Lydia_R
    • SamC
    • April Marie
    • Betty K
    • Timi
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    LillyZ

1. avery78
      avery78
    2. blinkyrtx
      blinkyrtx
      (25 years old)
    3. Heather Shay
      Heather Shay
      (72 years old)
    4. hormonedifficientin2ways
      hormonedifficientin2ways
    5. IMTH
      IMTH
    • KatieSC
      It would be fitting if he took a dip in the ocean while he is up there in Massachusetts and the great white eats him. Maybe it is just me, but tell me again how this guy is supposed to be a great actor?? I just do not get that vibe. It is mind of matter. It is my mind and he doesn't matter.
    • KatieSC
      Slide rules ruled. Wow, that takes me back to the 70s. We actually had to solve problems with longhand in some situations. No calculators where I was. They were just beginning to emerge. My dad had a simple calculator that could add, subtract, multiply, and divide. That was state of the art for the time. Reading was actually required to get through school. There were no PCs, no YouTube, no Google. VHF antennas ruled. Few folks had cable. I would take that all over again. 
    • Lydia_R
      SPOCK: Life as we know it is universally based on some combination of carbon compounds, but what if life exists based on another element? For instance, silicon.
    • Lydia_R
      Welcome @Arushi!  My opinion is there is no right/wrong about this.  You know, it's natural for people to perceive you differently and act differently if you present differently than you normally do.  My Zen meditation background makes it easy for me to just do my own thing, but you know, if you go out in public you also have to deal with other people and their thing.  That reminds me of the stoic books I've been reading the last few years that talk about being in a "forum".  So this is a virtual forum here and being here was a step in bringing my transgender side out into the public.   Hugs, Lydia
    • Timi
      @Arushi - Actually, to put it more simply, a friend of mine had a phrase that became very important to me.    How can it be wrong when it feels so right?
    • Timi
      Thank you for sharing, @Arushi. I'm hearing how in your element you feel when dressed as a woman. I think that the feelings you have are the best answer to your questions.    In my journey, I'm finding that once I started opening up to myself and to other people, things started to change within me, sometimes unpredictably. Some of the best advice that I have received is to be gentle to myself.    I am glad you found this group and I hope you find support and community here.    -Timi
    • Mirrabooka
      "We have no knowledge of who the hell we are, and if we don't get it back soon we're all going to die," Dreyfuss said in a video captured at the event.   Richard Dreyfuss's comments on women and LGBTQIA+ community at Jaws event prompts cinema to apologise - ABC News   His shrill comments have exposed him as someone who has lost the plot.
    • Betty K
      You are so welcome Charlize. I think it is too late for that hope, though. On release of the Cass review the New York Times called Hilary Cass "the hero we need in these times". I hate to think what the right is going to do with this, and I know it has already been referred to by those justifying bans on gender-affirming care in the US.
    • Timi
      Oh wow! Congratulations to you too, @Mirrabooka!
    • Davie
    • Lydia_R
      I'm moving and my house is almost empty except for my two homemade MAME systems!  I should be in here alone with them for at least a month!
    • Charlize
      Thank you for your service and efforts for the community! I hope our right wing doesn't take this "stud\y" as a talking point.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Day off today,my boss has to go to a funeral.A great aunt of his he was close with passed.Going to go to the high school I went and graduated at 27 years ago seeing a teacher I had whom I never seen after I graduated.She is retiring and we got in touch online.Said I will come up and  did tell her I changed big time.Took it well
    • Mirrabooka
      Bit of a mini-vacation for us starting tomorrow. Going to Melbourne and seeing the Odd Couple play and staying over, then flying to Adelaide on Friday and going to the soccer that night, a friendly game between the Australian women's side and China. Back home on Saturday. It's how we roll. 😎
    • Betty K
      Sometimes. Sometimes I feel wonderfully at peace with myself. But I struggle with accepting my past. Transitioning has brought me back in touch with my child self and I realise just how unhappy my childhood was. When I think of how the brainwashing and abuse I received perpetuated decades of shame and self-denial I feel overwhelming grief. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.