• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My first appointment with a GT!

Guest Izzybell

Guest Izzybell

Hey, everyone. I had my first appointment with a gender therapist today. Being an extremely introverted person, I was pretty nervous, but she was really good at making me feel welcome. I think it went pretty well. We didn't get to go too in depth, basically just background stuff mainly, but I guess that's expected. All in all I think it went pretty well. She was really cool. I can tell from this first session, that...well, I can't really describe it. lol. I guess it's a feeling like she's going to allow me to really think about myself. I have another appointment with her next week. She's told me to write down my thoughts and feelings that come up this week. I've had other therapists tell me to do the same thing, but here it kind of clicked in my head that I should actually start writing things down. :) She also told me about a transgender group that meets around the corner, and she's going to talk to another one of her clients to find out more about it. I guess to conclude, it went really well. :)

-Izzy

Hi Lzzy that is great.

Sounds like your first session went great.

It is amazing how a GT can just make you feel at ease and free to open up with them. One of the things my GT even before our first visit was to have me answer a series of essay questions and send them to her. In this way she already knew some of my history and feelings when we first met in person.

Mia

• Admin

Excellent news, Izzy. It's so important to hit it off with the therapist, and start developing trust. Good things are going to be happening, I can tell.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Izzy, you did it! :) You have had therapy appointments before but THIS one was a Gender Therapist.

She will be able to help you have the life you want to have and be happy. Very good news.

More to come as you progress through your appointments. :)

Krisina

congrats lzzy, that was the best news I could hear today. cause I have my first GT appointment today and im nervous.

Wishing goods, Hoping bests

Kim Orbit