• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Should I risk public field trip?

Guest Damond

This week I`m going on a field trip for art. It`s downtown, middle of the school day... I want to try passing, more than just binding as I am right now. I want to try sagging my pants and wearing boxers, and I have a longish jacket that would cover most of it, but... in the end its still a field trip and I am going with kids from school. Not sure I have the mannerisms down pat, like walking or anything. I want to just for the experience, but at the same time I font think I can out of lack of experience...

Guest Aly Kat

I think you should go for it =) the worst case scenario is that someone genders you as a girl wearing boys clothes (which is not uncommon at all)

I think it would do a lot for your self-esteem and confidence... Also, if your going w/ friends from school/a group, then it might be a little easier?

Urmmm... let us know what you do!

<3

Guest Nikki_R

I agree with Aly Kat, go for it! People gender/ungender people all the time. Silly people. If it makes you feel like you and builds confidence in you then it is a very healthy thing!!

meh your replies came a little late x3 lol. I went on the field trip. Didn't wear boxers, but I did come out to a friend about it while on the field trip so I spent the whole time working on trying to talk in a deeper voice :) was still a good time. Worked a little on my mannerisms then too (i.e. staring at guys as they walked and trying to mimic it, as strange/creepy as it seemed lol)