• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Minoxidil 5% Is Working On My Temples

Guest jessica111

Guest jessica111

Hey!

Even though it says that it doesn't work on the temple area, I decided to give minoxidil a try; 3 bottles @$18.95 for the Wal-Mart brand isn't bad at all.) After about 2 months, I'm starting to get real regrowth (not just vellus) where my scalp was smooth and hairless before! I guess I can cross hairline lowering off my procedure list!

Love Jess

• 3 months later...
Guest Jodytg
Hey!

Even though it says that it doesn't work on the temple area, I decided to give minoxidil a try; 3 bottles @$18.95 for the Wal-Mart brand isn't bad at all.) After about 2 months, I'm starting to get real regrowth (not just vellus) where my scalp was smooth and hairless before! I guess I can cross hairline lowering off my procedure list!

Love Jess

Thank you good to know I will give it a try.

Hey,

Congratulations, glad to hear about the growth!

My problem is a high forehead on one side more than the other and a pronounced widow's peak - kind of like John Hillerman from Magnum PI (only his was a hairpiece - made to match his hairline at the time he first started getting steady work).

Love ya,

Sally

I emailed the pharamacetical company that produces Rogain(Pfizer) and asked why they only recommend their product for a specific part of the crown,> They explained that their tests were designed fo receeding hairlines only. If it worked for the tyoical bald spot that was not a surprise but they could not state in their pamphlets that it would. So go ahead and try it,it worked wonders for me, and at an advanced age. Have been using their product for ten years.................Mia.

• 1 year later...

How messy is the newer rogaine to use?

I had tried it about 10 years ago and hated using it at the time. Of course I had no idea I would ever actually be going through with transition at the time (always was just a dream then).

I have had success with propecia and the doctor recommended combing it with rogaine.

How easy is it to apply once your hair gets longer?

My past experience found it hard to get the rogaine to the scalp with longer hair. I tended to end up with more on my hair then actually on the scalp :( .

Thank you;

Nichole

• 6 months later...
Guest NatashaJade

Hey all,

The packaging for Minoxidil 5% says it is not for use by women. I want to use it because I think I am a good candidate for it, but I also wonder why it's not for use by women. Does anyone know if there are any potentially harmful interactions with hrt?

Thanks!

luv

Gin

Hey all,

The packaging for Minoxidil 5% says it is not for use by women. I want to use it because I think I am a good candidate for it, but I also wonder why it's not for use by women. Does anyone know if there are any potentially harmful interactions with hrt?

Thanks!

luv

Gin

There is a different type of Minoxidil for women. I believe it is only 2%. I'm not sure why.

Jenny

Guest KimberlyF

Hey all,

Thanks!

luv

Gin

What I found was it was not specifically tested on women at 5% so they can't officially recommend 5% for women because of FDA rules, but many docs still prescribe it at that level.

Kim