• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What is the best treatment for a Gorilla like me :(

Guest KellyLBC

Guest KellyLBC

Hello everyone,

Somewhere in my bloodline must have been a sasquach because I have the most hair of anyone in my family. You name it, I have hair. Shaving is very hard since I get some bad burns and in growns. I would like to ask if anyone else has been through my plight and what has worked the best. Does it depend on the area you choose? For me my top spots I'd like to eliminate are my front neck which is the worst place for me to shave, my back including back of neck and the hairs on my hand and feet. Ultimately I would like to have no body hair but I thought I'd start with my major obstacles.

Am I better off getting laser on the smaller places (neck, hands, feet) and having the larger areas waxed for now. Does waxing even help or is it just a painful bandaid.

Thanks all.

<3 Kelly

Guest Amethyst_Redemption

Depends.

For laser if you have fair skin and dark hair then you are in. Other types doesn't count you out, but makes it more painful and less effective. I would personally say get the face and chest done and HRT will take care of the rest.

First time you wax = PAIN!!! after it is much less so.

My recommendation is epilate often after the initial wax. make sure you exfoliate daily and eat healthy to ensure proper regrowth of hair.

April

• 4 weeks later...
Guest musicalice

Fellow gorilla here <_< - heya!

April, so does HRT not do much on the chest?

My hair situation is pretty much carpet all down my front; very dark,very thick and very fast growing. (Epilators are supposed to give you several weeks, right? I get resting hairs coming up within one or two days, and the whole lot probably needs once a week to keep up with it). Arms are quite furry, plus 'shoulder pads' of the darker amd coarser stuff on the uppers. Back is furry too. Legs I can handle cuz even natal women have hair there.

My therapist has suggested getting my laser clinic to have a look at my front (I already go for my face and neck). But I had heard should at least reduce it? and also it makes it lighter, which makes laser less effective. So do you (plural) think it'd be better to laser it ASAP or wait and see what HRT does? I'll ask the clinic anyway, but if someone with HRT experience could offer some input, I'd be very grateful :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mumbaigirl

@Kelly: Do you have coarse hair on your back? Most people do not have coarse hair on their back. Laser should be only to treat dark COARSE hair- not fine hair. Laser can stimulate hair growth if used to treat fine hair on areas like back, upper arms and shoulders.

If you have dark coarse hair on your chest, I suggest you laser it. HRT will take a long long time to work. Don't worry about hair on arms and legs. You can wax. The pain is not as bad as most people say it is.

Try exfoliating with a pumice stone and salicylic and/or glycolic acid to prevent in-grown hairs. Many people find TendSkin useful.

I assume you mean the beard area when you say 'front of the neck'. Are you on HRT? If yes, you can start laser now.

Guest mumbaigirl

@ Alice: Since you ALREADY have thick hair on your chest, I suggest you laser it NOW. HRT will take a long long time to work. HRT helps with chest hair -but usually by making it finer. Since your hair is dense, I think it will take more than 3 years for it to DISAPPEAR. + There is a possibility that it may never disappear! It may just become finer.

Guest musicalice

Thanks mumbaigirl, that saddens me a little :( was hoping HRT would clear it up more than that... ugh more expense... plus it means I'll have to stop epilating :(

I don't really mind having some hair there, as long as it's more like what I have on the sides of my body rather than what's on the chest.

:(

Guest mumbaigirl

@Alice: Don't be sad. My situation is worse than yours. I can't wax or shave- I get boils! Can't do laser as the hair is fine. The only two options are: electrolysis -which is not available in my country and HRT-which will take a long long time to work! :(

Guest NatashaJade

Okay, coming from a former sasquatch, I can say this. Given a lot of time and patience and occasional application of an epilator (weaken those hairs!), hormones will eventually do a lot of work on the body hairs. I still shave my chest once or twice a week, but what's left there is considerably less than what I started with, which was a thick rug, front and back. Now it's all rather sparse and thin.

So to the face. I could grow a beard in 3 days. Thick in two weeks or less. But I had a dark beard and pale skin. So 7 laser treatments later and it was mostly clear. Fifteen and all there was left were the white hairs and a few stray dark ones. Now I'm 7 hours into electro and I've mostly cleared my upper lip and I expect I only need another 5 or 6 hours on my face. I may address the remaining chest hairs at that time, but we'll see how I'm doing after GRS.

It takes a lot of time and a lot of suffering, but it is really nice to have a complexion clear of dark shadows.

Good luck!!!

xoxo

Guest mumbaigirl

@Natasha: Would it be possible for you to post a picture of a small area of your chest? Just so I could see how the growth is now? Please don't misunderstand my intentions. I just wanna know how much HRT can help. I don't expect a full picture of your chest. Just a small area.

Edited by MaryEllen
Email address removed for members safety
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Amethyst_Redemption

@alice, sorry it took me so long to respond, life kind of... anyway. Laser is good for wherever, as long as you can take the snap of pain than go ahead. Of course if you can epilate then go nuts. I am actually going to do my chest via LHR before too long. I have my concerns, but I think I will post those in a new thread...

April

Guest NadineB

I never had a lot of hair on my chest but I had a bit on lower back, belly, nipples and my arms and legs were hair. It took about a year and it is all for the most part gone. I used to have to shave everywhere every couple of days. I shave my shins every two to three weeks now. HRT is very powerful, but each person is different, some loose all body hair, some loose most. My advise when it comes to hair removal, do your face first, it's the one place you can be sure HRT won't remove the hair. Its also so expensive. You can always reduce hair on body with other means.

Luv Nadine

Guest musicalice

Thanks Nadine and April :)

I went to see the doctor who would recommend HRT last week, and he told me that I should wait and see what HRT does to my body hair before getting it lasered. I was worried that HRT would decrease my eesponsiveness to laser, but he reassured me that it was unlikely. Apparently the main reason people go fir laser there first is because HRT takes so long. Welll... I'm going to give it a year or two and see what happens.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 104 Guests (See full list)

• Ivy
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • KathyLauren
    • Jamey-Heather
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • Ashley0616
    • VickySGV
    • SamC
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

earthpatch
    Newest Member
    earthpatch

1. Anyatimenow
      Anyatimenow
      (23 years old)
    2. Aria00
      Aria00
    3. Ava B.
      Ava B.
      (24 years old)
    4. Claire Heshi
      Claire Heshi
    5. CrystalMatthews0426
      CrystalMatthews0426
      (41 years old)
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Indeed.  While it seems like the majority of LGBTQ+ folks vote for Democrat candidates, not everybody drinks the Kool-Aid.  I'm a registered Independent, since I vote for individuals rather than party.  One of my trans friends is very pro-Trump - wears her MAGA hat and everything.  I find it interesting to see the reactions she gets... folks aren't always as tolerant as they claim to be.  Even on this forum, you get some real flak from Democrat voters....many will insist that the California way is the only way.    In my opinion, "Project 2025" isn't the real problem.  Check out UN "Agenda 2030."   
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      While Biden may be more friendly to trans folks, I'm not a single-issue voter.  I just can't choose a Democrat candidate, as I believe their actions will destroy my community and way of life.  Biden just announced that he wants to significantly increase capital gains taxes.  Maybe he intends to "tax the rich" but that is going to affect everything from land sales to grocery prices to the cost of electricity and even folks' retirement savings, as most companies make a large amount of their profits through investing in the market.  It is absolute lunacy to think that increased cost or reduced profits won't be passed on to the rest of us.  Things are going to get way worse at this rate.    Mostly, I vote in elections for state and local issues, as the national government is about as pleasant as a Porta-Potty in July.  So, either I'll do a write-in vote for president, or I'll check the box for Trump.  Anything but Biden.     
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Interesting...never knew any of this.  Of course, in my girl form I never got breasts, so I never had to worry about it.  A couple of pieces of tape would have been sufficient...      Sounds like fun   It has been interesting for me since I stopped trying to do sex like a girl.  The real surprise was my relationship with my husband, as he has figured me out pretty well. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Women's jeans, soft t-shirt that could go either way, flip-flops. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      They were sitting on the love seat, looking west out over Kansas.  Below them the busy city ran to and fro.   "They called.  My surgery has been rescheduled for May 8.  I need to be there at 5 AM for pre-op.  I start prescriptions and diet change on May 1."   "Okay."  Bob did his not-thinking-about anything look.  Taylor was always amazed that he could  actually be thinking about absolutely nothing. She was always thinking of at least six things.   "How can they be like that?" "What?"  He startled a little.  Contact with reality was reestablished. "Where does the hate come from?  Mrs. McArthur?  She was always polite, but I think she wasn't really.  Somehow she hated me even though there were no indications whatsoever." "Yeah, well, you know they are starting up that plant.  And my company is going ahead with their work there, down n Milliville.   I will have to go down there sometimes." "Oh, Bob." "Maybe I will stop by and ask her." "No." "No.  Cabaret is closed, I have been told.  Your transgender support group has scattered to other places." "What is wrong with those people?" "Same thing as Roosevelt, I guess.  You know all the racial comments against Blacks?  Like that game where our cheerleaders started this insulting cheer, an the opposite team was mostly Black? Teachers stopped it." "I didn't know.  I was staying away from that, remember?" "Yes." "You know all those kids at our church, the ones you called freaks the other day?" "I shouldn't have called them that." "Pastor tells me they are all from all over the Midwest.  These are kids who have been thrown out of their homes and were found on the street.  Other shelters would not take them, so they wound up here." "Not surprising." "I think we could do some good here." "What do you have in mind?" And she told him.
    • EasyE
      You are spot on here ... but also it seems like such a rigged game for the average person that it's hard to invest energy into the political arena -- too much big money controlling too many people/organizations/narratives for the common person to fee; heard...   In general, why we in America accept either candidate is baffling... for all our innovation as a nation, we can't do better than these two bozos?    The problem is, the political arena is such a sham -- again with large money controlling all aspects of the system -- that a common-sense, love-your-neighbor, make-reasonable-compromises, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-to-work candidate will never make it anywhere above the local level (if even there)...    Everything is a reality show, and boring ol' decision makers that try to benefit the most people don't generate enough clicks, views and retweets...  I am not sure it is so much about celebrity as it is about party politics at all costs - "my side must always be viewed as right and your side must always be viewed as wrong!" kind of thinking... there is no consensus building anymore because that will get used against you in campaign ads... When Obama took office and then Hilary ran again, it was like all Republicans want to do was to find someone loud enough to put them in their place. Forget issues, forget character, just win a debate and rally the base.    To get back to your original point, not enough of us care about politics ... and in some ways we've become fat, happy and entitled as a nation. The yearning to achieve the "American dream", which drove my parents and their parents before them to work their tails off and sacrifice and save, is now just "give me the American dream for free while I sit here on my phone and watch tiktok..."
    • Abigail Genevieve
      You are in the right place.
    • EasyE
      I am about 5 weeks ahead of you ... best wishes to you! For me it has been subtle changes at most so far (if any) ... but I am also on the "beginner's" level of patch, lol ...    Easy
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Oh, another comment.   I am a conservative evangelical with strong Republican leanings. So is my wife, my friends, my family. I disagree with a good amount of what the Republicans are doing, but there it is.  I understand the mindset, I think, a lot better than those who are outside it do.   When you insult Republicans you insult me, my friends, my family.   People like me can struggle with trans issues.   Please consider that in posting.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Then you are in despair.
    • MaeBe
      I found this as well. No playacting, they just appear: the finger waggle wave; bracing my elbow on my other arm that's folded across my chest, wrist in the air half-cocked; walking a bit more fiercely... All that. My wife thought I was mocking her at one point!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I find my lack of time to read the thing frustrating, and I will not really comment until I have read it.  This is a wholly inadequate response.   1.  I think there are some legitimate concern.   2. Thoroughly discussing this will consume many threads.   3. I disagree partially with @MaeBe but there is partial agreement.   4. The context includes what is happening in society that the authors are observing.  It is not an isolated document.   5. Trump, if elected, is as likely to spend his energies going after political opponents as he is to implementing something like this.    6. I reject critical theory, which is based on Marxism.  Marxism has never worked and never will.  Critical theory has problems which would need time to go into, which I do not have.   7. There are groups who have declared war on the nuclear family as problematically patriarchal, and a lot of other terms. They are easy to find on the internet.  This document is reacting to that (see #4 above).   8.  Much of this would have to be legislated, and this is a policy documented.  Implementation would  be most likely different, but that does not mean criticism is unwarranted. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Sort of bracing myself for flipping, because I am wearing f and of course I wear f and it is natural to wear f and what else would I wear?  The  novelty is long gone out on this.  I wore a bra most of yesterday but we had a Zoom call and I took the bra off because I was concerned about the straps showing.  I missed it.    My body is saying "I am female!  Treat me that way!"   In the past it has screamed about this activity that  I have done to it.
    • Ivy
      This is what I'm scared of.  And it's quite possible. Apparently Chicken Little was right.
    • Ivy
      Whether it was a hate crime or not, it's still horrible.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.