• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Six weeks into physical transition, and 3 months + of FT

Guest Elena

So like probably everyone, when I started HRT the big question was "how long will it take to start seeing noticeable identifiable changes?" Well for me mentally and emotionally the awnser was about 2 weeks. Physically however not as fast, but that's to be expected.

So, here goes things of note so far. Well I told you all my chest started hurting @ about 2 weeks, but it wasn't constant until 4 weeks. About a week ago I started to feel small hard lumps behind my nipples, and my nipples also got a ton more sensative. Now those hard lumps (mammary glands) are a bit over half an inch around. Visable? Not really, mostly it looks like my nipples are always hard, ohh well.

I have also been losing muscle like no tomorrow, about 7 lbs so far. And wow do I feel it! Helped my mom carry her old tv down to the garage last week and had to stop and rest once and then was wiped for about 2 hours. When I carried it UP into her condo a few years ago I was laughing and joking the whole way up and barely noticed the weight. The up side is that I have lost a lot of definition especially in my forearms and thighs.

Next was a week and a half ago I noticed I had to do a little extra wiggling to get my jeans over my bottom. Got all excited and whipped out my tailors tape and was thoroughly disappointed with a whopping 1/4" difference. Okok, not so bad for 1 month, but the biggest difference is that the sharp angles from my waist to my bottom are smoothing out, which is most of my gripe with how I'm built to begin with. According to the tape measure I have always had a fairly feminine figure. Except it's kind of a lie since it is all hard angles and planes, no curve whatsoever. Yay, for that starting to change!!!

The most visible change however has been my skin. Like night and day! Texture, sensativity, much, much smoother, it almost shines! Not plasticy, but ALIVE! My body hair is also being affected but it's kinda weird. It's like it takes a siesta for 2-4 days at a time. Maybe one day soon the siesta will be permanent.

Now back to the mental and emotional changes I noted with my last update. The chaos in my brain is nearly gone now, and what I've noticed is that my thoughts and emotions are not seperate animals anymore. Every thought has an emotion attached. Before I would think of something and feel something, but I had to think about whether or not the two were related. Definately not the case anymore. Also emotions are constantly triggering memories sort of by association. Wow is that a new experience! It can be very distracting and is taking some getting used to. I am constantly going off on all sorts of tangents, but don't have any trouble flipping back to the original topic. Tangents used to equal train wrecks in my head.

Lastly, the effects as subtle as they have been so far have been very dramatic with regards to how people treat me in public. Already I get sirred far less. And being out and full time for a month and a half before starting hrt, I have a great baseline to compare to. I was getting 50/50 before, the last couple weeks it's been more like 60f/20m with the last 20% avoiding making any references to gender either overt or implied. I've also noticed more men track me with their eyes as I walk by. It's mostly your average sex starved truckers so I'm not entirely sure that counts though.

Ohh yeah, one last thing. I am absolutely estatic that I have not had even a halfhearted erection in the last month. Even when I err lightly brushed my nipples the first time after their sensativity shot thru the roof and forgot how to breathe for several minutes. Ok, maybe a little oversharing there. :lol:

Alls said and done, life is very good right now.

<3

Elena

Elena,

Those feelings are awesome enjoy the as long as you can. I always feel like a car that just got filled with gas when I take my pills. I knw nothig is happening, but I like it anyway.

Autumn