• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi From Asheville

Guest DeeAnn

Hi all, I'm DeeAnn, I'm trying to come to terms with who I really am, I'm hoping that this page will help me as I go. I have been in and out of therapy as well as on and off HRT for over a year. Life has taken me to a point where I need to make change and start loving life rather than dealing with it. :D

• Root Admin

Hello DeeAnn,

Welcome to Laura's Playground forums. If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask. Hopefully, we can provide answers.

MaryEllen :)

Hi DeeAnn, welcome to Laura's Playground. I believe you have the very answer you need to begin your journey and that is to love yourself and you will love life. I find life very precious and I savor every second of it. But then I do love myself and I care for all that are involved in my life. My dream came true I am exactly the person I use to dream about a proud caring an loving person. Well I pray that we cross paths again on these forums.

Much love

CindyBC.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 101 Guests (See full list)

• Sally Stone
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • MAN8791
    • Cyndee
    • Silkfan
    • KathyLauren
    • Vidanjali
    • SamC
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Tiffany Cross
    Newest Member
    Tiffany Cross

1. Clara_D
      Clara_D
      (53 years old)
    2. Deborah121
      Deborah121
      (64 years old)
    3. Kerry_Autumn
      Kerry_Autumn
      (38 years old)
    4. OC
      OC
    • Vidanjali
      Greeting & welcome to you, Bobbi! What's your latest good recipe find?
    • Vidanjali
      P.S. Also noting that the synopsis given for the Saslow book was before Black came out and began using they/them pronouns. No disrespect meant.
    • Vidanjali
      Also, before posting any comments here please remember this is the news forum, not the politics forum.
    • Vidanjali
      https://www.them.us/story/former-white-nationalist-kkk-r-derek-black-memoir-trans   According to the article, Derek uses they/them pronouns.   I read the book about Derek Back called "Rising Out of Hatred: The Awakening of a Former White Nationalist" by Eli Saslow when it came out a few years ago. Absolutely remarkable and inspiring story. Now Black has a new book coming out, "The Klansman's Son, My Journey from White Nationalism to Antiracism".    This is the synopsis of the Saslow book which gives you a snapshot of Black's journey.    "Derek Black grew up at the epicenter of white nationalism. His father founded Stormfront, the largest racist community on the Internet. His godfather, David Duke, was a KKK Grand Wizard. By the time Derek turned nineteen, he had become an elected politician with his own daily radio show—already regarded as the "the leading light" of the burgeoning white nationalist movement. "We can infiltrate," Derek once told a crowd of white nationalists. "We can take the country back."   Then he went to college. At New College of Florida, he continued to broadcast his radio show in secret each morning, living a double life until a classmate uncovered his identity and sent an email to the entire school. "Derek Black ... white supremacist, radio host ... New College student???" The ensuing uproar overtook one of the most liberal colleges in the country. Some students protested Derek's presence on campus, forcing him to reconcile for the first time with the ugliness of his beliefs. Other students found the courage to reach out to him, including an Orthodox Jew who invited Derek to attend weekly Shabbat dinners. It was because of those dinners—and the wide-ranging relationships formed at that table—that Derek started to question the science, history, and prejudices behind his worldview. As white nationalism infiltrated the political mainstream, Derek decided to confront the damage he had done.   Rising Out of Hatred tells the story of how white-supremacist ideas migrated from the far-right fringe to the White House through the intensely personal saga of one man who eventually disavowed everything he was taught to believe, at tremendous personal cost. With great empathy and narrative verve, Eli Saslow asks what Derek Black's story can tell us about America's increasingly divided nature." 
    • Ivy
      The sports thing is problematic.  Whenever a trans girl does well it just hits the fan.  Just this morning I saw something about it again.   I live maybe 10 miles from the SC border.  I suspect the people here are similar.  When I'm out and about most people are polite, and don't seem offended by me - and I don't pass well.  I believe if it wasn't for the GOP fanning the flames this wouldn't be half as big an issue.
    • VickySGV
      My applause and congratulations to them from a member of the Episcopal Church of the U.S. who's beliefs for full Trans inclusion at all levels of the church  were established by our General Convention of laity and clergy in 2015 are in full harmony and congruence with those resolutions you have reported.
    • Cyndee
      a little "Survival", and the cycle of life.....    
    • KatieSC
      I am very familiar with this event. Last year there was a fairly disjointed effort by the ACLU in SC to derail the legislation. There was so little notice about the hearing. I have predicted they would do this. The R super-majority is prototypical of other states. The Governor of SC is a piece of work. I warned of this potential last year. The chair of the state senate medical affairs committee runs a lawn and garden center. He has no medical background. There was no chance they were going to listen to any LGBTQ group, and in particular, anybody transgender. Nobody listened to medical experts about this matter, and many other transgender health issues.    It is crazy because the everyday population, really does not seem to take any hard stance. I have friends who are just as conservative, but have been very supportive when I announced I was transitioning 2 1/2 years ago. I took a very different route than some in that I was stealth until I could blend in with other women. I think that helped tremendously. I have to wonder what the crux of the issue with transition is beyond all the rhetoric pulled from the Bible. Clearly, the issue of transitioning children playing sports has become a horrendous pain point. In speaking with some folks, the feedback I get is that they feel as though acceptance is forced down their throat.    One thing is clear, the pendulum for acceptance has swung hard I the opposite direction, and could take the rest of our lifetime to correct. We are on a ledge and being pushed close to the precipice. 
    • Mmindy
      Good morning    @Ivy I hope you have a wonderful time with your meeting and after dinner.    My morning started early letting the puppy out to take care of business. While he was doing that I brewed my coffee.    Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Vidanjali
      Hello & welcome @The Lake. The imagery of this name evokes expansiveness and reflectiveness - a calm lake reflects the entire sky and all surroundings in it. It encompasses all that but is not itself pervaded by it. 
    • Cyndee
      This was really positive to read DeeDee, refreshing actually.    Your avatar picture looks great btw....   Hugs   C
    • Vidanjali
    • Ivy
      I'll be going up the mountain for my VA support group today.  It's a bit of a drive, but worth it for me.  Some of the people up there have been eating together with me after the meetings, and it's been really nice to be around other trans folks of both genders.  I don't have that around here.
    • DeeDee
      The full report and debate is available to watch on the Church of Scotland YouTube channel, but it is 50 minutes long, and other than a few uneducated comments from folks with obvious agendas it was overwhelmingly positive. The forum committee is made up of ministers with deliberately wide/opposing doctrinal beliefs so a unanimous statement is rare, as part of the consultation process it gives me hope that there will be a place for me and my voice.   "First, building on the Church's existing statements on transgender people, we believe that transgender people should be loved, and respected, and welcomed in our congregations. "It is the foundation of Christian ethics that all people are made in the image of God, and are worthy of our respect and love, and this is true of transgender people also. "Yet second, and based on our exploration of gender in the Bible, the Forum is also unanimous in believing that transgender people should not only be welcomed in our church, but allowed to serve in our Church. "That the Church should not treat transgender people differently from others, but after considering their giftings and callings, should admit them to office if we believe God wills it. "By focussing on the importance of welcome, and the ability of God to use every Christian for service, we believe our report offers the Church a route through a debate that has, at times, become toxic, and allows us to model a better way of engaging with issues of gender. "Because in these days when we as a Church are building for the future, we need to make sure that it is the Lord that is building the house. "That it is the Triune God of Father, Son and Spirit - confessed in our creeds and confessions, yet experienced most fully when we live in love - that is building us up.”
    • Ivy
      She sounds wonderful.  I'm glad for you.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.