• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

YMMV

Guest KimberlyF

Guest Teri G

a lot depends on the hormones administered. in a last ditch effort to save the male me from whatever i feared i might become, i took testosterone because my T level was down to about 123. i guess for a woman that IS high. It did not have my doctor's desired effect. so i stopped taking it. after i came out to my wife, she seemed touched that i would make this sacrifice for her. she still is not ready to discuss E for me, though.

Guest Elizabeth K

a lot depends on the hormones administered. in a last ditch effort to save the male me from whatever i feared i might become, i took testosterone because my T level was down to about 123. i guess for a woman that IS high. It did not have my doctor's desired effect. so i stopped taking it. after i came out to my wife, she seemed touched that i would make this sacrifice for her. she still is not ready to discuss E for me, though.

I did that heavy T dosage for a month as a last ditch effort to save the marriage. Like you, it had the wrong effects and I got off it. It was a really horrible experience for me - I knew I wanted to go the other way, but I had to try as a last ditch effort. My wife seemed frustrated it didn't turn me into a man, but I had never been one anyway. Hormones are really not a magic bullet, either way. You have got to think about what you are doing and what you really are. These comparison photographs? Probably not the hormones, but rather the change from unhappy to happy caused by the mental health improvements of finally being yourself.

GRIN

The two photos with a comparison of my eyes expressions? Three years apart. I was on HRT for both, but I had just started in the 'before' photo.

My avatar? That's me - no photoshop - and no FFS, I won't need it. I look like a woman because I AM a woman.

Lizzie

Guest eliza.d

well said lizzie,

im surprised the two of you, and maybe more actually took t. it shows real dedication to try to save you marriage or to continue to live as a " man".

personally, id sooner die than take t, since im mtf, the t in my body for all my life, or at least the levels, drove me crazy for years.

Hugs,

Eliza

Guest KimberlyF

good post drea, that makes me excited to see what hrt will make of me. ive only been on hrt now for ten days, but its been the best ten days ever, honestly really. and being full time makes it all worthwhile imho, to me.

Thank you. I think the thrust of what I try to say is that it will be what you make of it. Hormones will have their effect for sure, and the good thing about hormones will do that they do since we are on them for a long time. Beyond that it is up to us to do the other things such as hair style, electro to remove facial hair, makeup (if needed), voice, etc. All these things become part of presentation. No amount of hormones are going to make one automatically and unquestionably passable if we don't pay attention to those other aspects.

Awesome post Drea! Your posts are so full of wisdom and insight! You are such a gift to these boards :)

Guest Jaded1

I just read the "I took high dosages of T to...."

I can not help it, it made me shudder and shake.

You folks have a greater ability for self sacrifice than I could even imagine. Now that I have a taste of HRT and know how it makes me feel that I have the right chemicals flowing through me I would (at the risk of sounding overly dramatic) sooner end it all than go back. I hung the mask I had worn for 3 decades up and I will NEVER wear it again.

When I was posting the pics I posted a day or two ago on here I for the first time compared them to pics of me from before HRT and I was truly shocked. Losing the weight I did definitely did help but there were so many other things I noticed. It was almost heartbreaking to look at "that person" and see what attempts I had to try and feminize myself.

I now know that there is no amount of clothes, makeup and jewelry that could have EVER made me feel simply the way I feel right now without any of that. The change for me always was to come from the inside first for me to finally realize what a taste of happiness is.

Don't get me wrong, I am FAR closer to the beginning of my journey than the end, but I can honestly say, in the last 4 months did I really learn what happiness and contentness can feel like.

Guest Svenna

Lizzie has it right...

If we are woman, we will look like women, because we are women. Having proper female E levels is the oil that greases the wheels, inside and out. Feeling a 'booty' starting to gather on my backside is both validating and relief. In my minds eye, I have always seen myself as a female, just a scruffy, penis-titing, hairy female with a bony butt...lol...now, with HRT kicking in, I feel a sense of relief to see what I have always thought I should see.

I am in no position to speak of what living full time or passing may do for my self esteem and sense of self, but I can say that having a body that smells, feels and even perhaps LOOKS female, is a huge psychological relief. I am happy now, the hole in my brain is closing up, I can actually feel my emotions and that is okay with me.

HRT is not a one-size-fits-all thing at all. Far too many factors interacting to predict specific outcomes, for sure.

But trends are pretty easy tp spot...lol....

I have that same dead-eyed look on my grimacing face in all my photos. It is consistent over the decades as I lapsed deeper into misery...bleh..

But better days are here now!

Amazing photos, indeed...

Love, Svenna

Guest eliza.d

see, i think hrt lays the foundation, but takes loads of dedication and work to be a woman. and to me, thats all the fun.

i lo ve it. you get out what you put in. determination, perseverance, and patience coupled with learning and doing all you can makes it all work together.

its great fun too!

Eliza

Guest Kelly-087

I fully agree with Johnny on the ONE similarity in the before and after pics I have seen. All of the AFTER pictures show a more serene and happy person. Some of them will be very pretty (MtF) or extremely handsom (FtM), most will be highly ordinary people in the gender of comfort, but all (even the very plain folks) have an air of self acceptance that is un mistakeable.

To be fair Vicky. There are very few girls I find un-attractive. But most girls seem to be pretty in their own way.

I can't say this about men, but FTMs I've seen tend to be fairly attractive.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shauna B

see, i think hrt lays the foundation, but takes loads of dedication and work to be a woman. and to me, thats all the fun.

i lo ve it. you get out what you put in. determination, perseverance, and patience coupled with learning and doing all you can makes it all work together.

its great fun too!

Eliza

What additional type of "work" are you referring to?

its great fun too!

Eliza

What additional type of "work" are you referring to?

I would say one has find a good hair style that works, learn how to maintain it and style it oneself. There is working on one's voice. Electro and laser for facial hair to name a few.

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

I'd be hard-pressed to say I had a dead look in my eyes before HRT, though admittedly what I wish I were has never been clear and thus my suffering has never been as intense as it is for many.

Before HRT (age 18):

gallery_4199_1312_11382.jpg

22 months HRT (age 20):

gallery_4199_985_26184.jpg

My face is just less masculine in a way I can't put my finger on. I also got my tiny, pointy lateral incisors capped in this time frame; I think that's been a bigger change for my face than HRT. Also note the unibrow in the before. HRT hasn't gotten rid of that. Grooming has.

So, yeah, YMMV. HRT has left me with softer skin, bigger nipples, and a vaguely less masculine face. Others go through massive changes in 22 months. Others get little to nothing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 60 Guests (See full list)

• KathyLauren
    • BobbiSkunk
    • Carolyn Marie
    • MAN8791
    • Perplexed45
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Perplexed45
    Newest Member
    Perplexed45

1. Baeleigh
      Baeleigh
      (55 years old)
    2. Diego
      Diego
    3. michelle_kitten
      michelle_kitten
    4. Nst
      Nst
    • Ivy
      In Putin's Russia, you don't dare get near a window. There is no reality any more. I suppose that is the point.
    • KathyLauren
      I am sorry you had such a traumatic childhood experience.   There are many of us trans folks who are asexual.  It is not at all uncommon.  Sometimes it is due to traumatic childhood experiences, sometimes for other reasons, sometimes for no discernible reason at all.    As Carolyn Marie said, you get all sexual variations in both trans and cis people.  I strongly second her recommendation to see a therapist.
    • BobbiSkunk
      My whole approach to this has generally been telling a handful of people very close to me, and nobody else.  I feel they don't really need to know?  Is that a wrong assumption?  I was just going to do my HRT and if they see changes in me they can ask.  I don't really like sharing info with people.  Will this approach be more trouble than it is worth?
    • Carolyn Marie
      Yes, you would still be considered transgender if you are asexual.  Sexuality and gender preference are separate issues entirely, so one can be trans - desiring to be or dress as someone of the opposite gender (including cross-dressers), and also be Gay, Lesbian, bi-sexual, asexual or pan sexual.   I am also very sorry that you had to endure such mistreatment as a child.  That must have been a horrifying and traumatic time.  I hope that have been or are now seeing a therapist to help with those experiences.   Carolyn Marie
    • LittleSam
      Looking for a bit of advice or encouragement really. I'm 5 weeks on T and excited about any new body hair. I'm not getting much, but I've noticed more around my pubic area and bumhole lol, sorry if tmi. I've also a got a few more thigh hairs and lower leg hair is growing longer.   I know it's very early days so I wasn't expecting facial hair at all for a few years, but I definitely seem to have more longer blonde peach fuzz hairs. Pre T I had some anyway and I used to use hair removal cream and pluck, because I did get some darker hairs I didn't like. So I don't know if this is my natural hair because I haven't been plucking so much and using hair removal cream. I really want to have facial hair, but also I am worried that I look like a cis woman with some facial hair. I certainly am far from passing at the mo. Basically I'd love to embrace the hair and not shave. I'm already excited by more moustache hair that's growing through, however the hair is only on the sides frustratingly, rather than the middle also. I think shaving could be a euphoric experience, but could make me look more fem. I'm not sure if I should leave peach fuzz or shave. Do teen boys shave or leave their chin hair? I'm 34 and don't want to look like a teen. Want did anyone else decide to do?
    • Carolyn Marie
      Well, those are his besties after all, as he is very fond of saying.  He was/is even "in love" with Kim Jong Un.  They do very much want him to win in November.   Carolyn Marie
    • Perplexed45
      If discussion of past child sexual assault triggers you turn back   In a Previous post I have stated I am an Asexual 45yo M who turned Asexual due to childhood trauma. I feel i need to get this off my chest. Sorry if this triggers anyone.   Okay backstory: at a young age around 13-14, I was interested in dressing up as a girl. I was a skinny effeminate boy with silky black hair and clear complexion. I was lucky in that I had an understanding female school friend(Jane) who liked helping me to dress up at her place, hell even her mother helped after she caught us 3 months in. boy was that embarrassing! anyway fast forward about a year later just before the school holidays and my father comes home Early from work Drunk. This is after I returned from visiting my friend after school, I had taken a shower upon returning but had made the mistake of leaving some of the clothes given to me by Jane's mum out(was going to hand wash and dry them in the back of my closet before father came home.)   Queue ugly scene Gay shaming, physical violence, forcing me to dress back up, using me as a "-awesome person- son should enjoy it if he is dressing up". two days later during holidays, after being grounded and unable to see Jane, Father ships me off to some friends of his --------{i hope i do not have to explain what happened to me during this time}) on the Coast with money being exchanged I think. after that holiday season I forced myself to wear the ugliest boy clothes i could and eat unhealthy in an attempt to gain weight to make myself look unattractive which seemed to trigger puberty as I shoot up and out putting on an athletes build over the next 6 months. with the help of Jane and her mother I was able to get Father arrested and sentenced for 15 years about 2 months after the holidays ended with me ending up in foster care for disturbed children.   After that holidays the very thought of being with someone since has been.... sickening. The idea of very idea of having sex makes me Shudder  still the idea of dressing back up has been too painful 30 years later. It was only after a doctor recently recommended I wear sports tights or stocking to bed (to try and alleviate night terrors which had sprung up recently brought about by personal skin to skin contact as I slept) that the idea of dressing up again crept in. I enjoy dressing up in pantyhose and underthings in the safety of my bedroom on occasion but the idea of being with someone still....   I guess I want to ask is: can you be classed as trans for liking to dress up in lingerie occasionally but also Asexual for not wanting sex?
    • Davie
      Dictators and friends Putin and Orbán voice support for Trump as allies respect US legal process. Kremlin spokesman decries ‘elimination … of political rivals’ while Hungarian prime minister calls Trump ‘a man of honor.’
    • Justine76
      This stuff ends up on my playlist almost daily.    
    • Carolyn Marie
      I think it is true that MAGA-ism has been exported to the U.K. and other places in Europe and even Canada.  It is a very sad phenomenon.  Hopefully, it is also a transitory one.   Too much of the world seems to think we are a scourge that requires either control or elimination.  It is depressing.     Carolyn Marie
    • Ivy
      https://www.erininthemorning.com/p/uk-secretary-uses-emergency-powers?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=994764&post_id=145165151&utm_campaign=email-post-title&isFreemail=true&r=k5hac&triedRedirect=true&utm_medium=email   This is how these people work… "The prohibition relies on a decades-old law that allows for the emergency prohibition of medications without the need for a full legislative process; no vote was taken on the edict, and the order was issued just before parliament dissolved for the general election, meaning it could not be overturned."   "“It basically says puberty blockers are being treated like other illegal drugs like cocaine and heroin.” He then followed up with the applicable law, which indicates that those who violate the ban could be imprisoned for two years."   I suppose soon Social Transition will be outlawed.  It is contagious, you know.
    • Perplexed45
      background: I am a 45yo Asexual 6foot 4 Male who most days has as much sexual identity as a dead Rock most days. But every now and then I want to feel pretty by wearing pretty underwear and pantyhose. but as a Larger person (3-4xl Aus boxer) I am finding it hard to find underthings that are not overly frilly (sissy) or have false camel toes online. I am unable to go out shopping in public without being drugged due to a spinal injury.   I am not trying to be something i know i am not. I know I am a rock due to childhood trauma that caused me to have issues with being with others and even skin contact with myself at night can give me violent attacks which was what actually got me into pantyhose (by doctor recommendation). Sports leggings during winter and pantyhose during warmer months to block leg skin on skin contact and long sleeve mircrofibre shirts to stop torso skin contact. i brought some mesh shirts on etsy (custom made on sale) which has gotten me into wearing nice clothes occasionally.  my question is: I am looking for some HI CUT HIPSTER BIKINI style panties for crossdressers for someone with 49inch/125cm hip that will not break the bank. I have gotten some pretty shirts and leggings on etsy but am finding it hard to get underthings that are not OVERLY sexualized just some thing that makes me feel pretty every now and then 
    • Ivy
      I have had a similar experience, and it is hard.  I'm thinking about you.
    • Ivy
      I'm not going to take the bait.  
    • Ivy
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.