• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How Do You Handle The Inverse Hour Glass Figure?

Guest Marci

First off I'll admit that I need to loose some significant poundage. In the mean time however, this has given me the rather typical middle aged male mid dift, or an inverted hour glass as I like to refer to it. Even though my waist where I wear my jeans is 38 inches, my natural waist around my belly button is 46 inches. I'd love to have those measurements reversed! Anyway the question is how do you pick sizes and styles which can still make you appear feminine despite this rather un-femme situation?

So far with waisted items (skirts and pants) I have had the best luck with elastic waist or items made of a stretchy material. Dresses with no gathering at the waist work but sometimes look like a tent. I've thought of getting some padded panties to help out around the butt and hips but I haven't tried this as of yet.

Please pass along any hints on clothing selection and sizing you have.

Marci