• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A new wig

Guest Sarah Miller

Guest Sarah Miller

I've been a quiet of late but this year have gotten back into there CDing. New clothes and a new wig!

Oh my. I wasn't quite prepared for how different a new wig would look. I love it! I did full make up today (still struggling but getting better) and tried on a variety of outfits to see how the wig turned out. I'm very happy with the results.

Here are some pics. The first 2 pics were enhanced slightly on the TAAZ website. I may experiment with a bit more eye liner next time, I quite like the look.

xxo ciao Sarah

Guest Sarah Miller

Hi,

My head with the new wig should be on top of these bodies :D hopefully some weird cropping issues aren't occurring.

xxo Sarah

Guest Elizabeth K

OKAY

Everyone - you have to pick on the photos.

Hey honey - that wig makes you look like a girl so be careful... WAIT! That's what you want! hee hee

Very nice,

Lizzy

Guest Sarah Miller

Yes my last wig looked like a cheap wig (it was! A Chinese eBay special) This one cost a lot more and I think really passes for my hair.

Thanks for the kind words, Lizzy.

xxo Ciao Sarah

• Admin

Good choice, you may want to really go to town on it with a hairbrush, and then it will be fine for you. The color goes well with your complexion and you do have good taste in the clothing. Enlarging the pictures in your gallery by opening the slide show does take care of the decapitation issues.

• Admin

Take a regular plastic bristle seven row rounded hair brush (a new one just for the wigs, and keep it that way), grasp the wig cap at the edge at the back of the wig, and turn it upside down. Brush it from the ends to the cap, you can be pretty active with it, and it will fluff out very well. Turn it right side up, grasp it by the front, and you can smooth it back a bit. If you have a wig head, You can back comb it by picking up some of the hair at the top of the head, and brush from the ends toward the cap. You may lose some fiber from the wig, but don't worry about it. All wigs have about 5 times the fiber needed to look good. The red one in my gallery is an example of how one can look. I have had some good training in doing my hair ala wig, so for me it is fun. Your new wig there can also be put into an up do that will look cute on you too.

Guest Elizabeth K

Do you have a wig stand? I would always style my wig including teasing and hair spray BEFORE putting it on. Most women seem to do it that way.