• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A good GT in the Atlanta, GA area?

Guest MiraJ

Guest MiraJ

Ok, i would like to know if anyone from the Atlanta, GA area could recommend a GT?

I already have a semi appt. but im rethinking it. I would like to have a recommended one, afterall i rely one someone professional that i put my life out there and expect to evaluate me based on me and not on anything driven. It is an important and life changing thing based on that evaluation.

So, any recommendations, would be very appreciated

Thanks Mira

• Admin

Moved to appropriate forum for the topic . Atlanta should have a number of good therapists considering the city is the location of one of the major Transgender conferences, the Southern Comfort Conference. At the minute I can't find my convention package which I think had the name of a referral service to GT's. Sorry.

Guest Szenzie

I sent you a PM. I can refer a couple. Mine is awesome!

I 2nd this ^_^

Rea and I have discussed our GTs and her's sounds really cool. So is mine! Sent you a PM also. We'll hook you up with all the local gender resources - but if you haven't seen the AGE site, I suggest you check it out :)

Atlanta should have a number of good therapists considering the city is the location of one of the major Transgender conferences, the Southern Comfort Conference.
My GT really wants me to go. It's right after DragonCon >.< I'm going to be con'd out between them both but I'm very excited. I hear SC is realllly helpful.
  • Admin

I hear SC is realllly helpful.

I'm over 3000 miles away and will be going for my fourth year. It is really a special experience, last year we had over 1,000 people including staff there at one time or another. Vendors for stuff you may be afraid to buy elsewhere, and sessions on about everything you need to know you know. I chose my surgeon from a session I had there with her. Even if you don't know what you are there is a conference session for it. The two karaoke nights are some of the most special moments, just being yourself with a whole passel of other people relaxing and being themselves with you. It doesn't matter who sings the bass or soprano.

I'm planning to go to SC too. I was wondering if you were going Szenzie. Maybe we all can go together? :D

Yes, Szenzie and I will try to hook you up on the local scene MiraJ. lol Well, we'll try. We have been trading war stories and battle scares of transition. Sweetie, there are many resources available to you here. Atlanta is probably the best place in the south to be if you are a part of the LGBT community.

A new sis..... yea!

~Rea

Guest Szenzie

We'll make it a SCC outing/party! I'm really excited about attending something public as me - especially something fun and helpful. Oh and Karaoke, count me in but I'll need some liquid courage.

Guest MiraJ

oh thank you szenzie, rea and vicky.

I would be interrested to go ther for sure. If i need to find out about anything im like a sponge. trying to apsorb any information i can to know everthing i need to know.

Im on the shy side, pretty hesitant and not sure if i would have the courage to go by myself. So, it moves my heart that you considering me joining you to the SCC.

Makes me feel alot better, to actually see something positive happening outside of this computer.

YAY

HUGGS YOU

Much love

Mira