• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hair on the behind?

Guest GraceWindell

Guest GraceWindell

Hi haha, just wondering what everyone did for hair on the back of your thighs, butt, etc. I don't really feel like a razor will get the job done and i'm not too sure if a electric shaver would do it either but... i just dunno. Decided to post to see what everyone else who is down the road in their journey did.

Thanks! ~ Grace

Guest KarenLyn

I let the hrt take care of it but if you're not on hrt yet, or if it's not working on your body hair, you could always have it waxed. Most salons that provide the service have both male and female customers.

Karen

Personally, I sugar all my hair away. Sugaring is very similar to waxing except it hurts somewhat less and you use a product made from sugar instead of wax. The sugar can be reused and it's faster that waxing once you know what you're doing. If you google sugar or sugaring or search on ehow.com you should get some results on how to make your own sugar and how to use it and how to prevent ingrown hairs after use if you're interested.

I believe you can also get a professional waxing (and in some cities sugaring) done... I'm not 100% on the terminology but I think it would be the Brazilian wax for just the backs of your thighs and your behind and Brazilian extended for between the cheeks if that is a problem area as well. Might want to double check the terminology but if that is correct it's the same for Laser hair removal in those areas as well.

Hope this helps.

*Hugs*

~Jade.

Guest Lacey Lynne

Well, I guess I'm just declasse.

About once a week, I simply lather said buns with conventional shaving cream, brandish the old traditional guys' razor (because I've found they work the best for said task) and simply shave away with blind faith and giddy abandon. A deft touch is required. Naturally, I do this in the shower and simply rinse when I'm done. Just that easy.

As I said, the nice thing about class is having some. Now, if only I could find some, well, then maybe I'd have it.

Peace :thumbsup: Lacey

Guest Elizabeth K

HA! What a topic! I mean it is germane, but WHAT A TOPIC!

Hummmm

I crossdressed (I thought that was what I was doing, maybe, for a long time - 50 plus years) so I found out that shaving 'back there' was sort of a short lived pleasure. Unless you shave every day it starts growing out and the stubble is horribly itchy. I used talcum powder to ease the itching.

Later? I learned to use a razor comb, which left a short part of the hair but not an itchy stubble. It looked good, sort of, but it was not smooth like shaving.

Then I started using an epilator on my legs, and going higher and higher! YIKES, be careful with that! But the effects were about two weeks BUT you have bad bacteria in that area so sanitize the epilator head when you are done... and do that area last.

Now? HRT = no body hair well, some like a woman has. So it is something I rarely think about anymore.

I hope this helps.

Lizzy

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

...I just shave it off. It's not that difficult and doesn't require much contortioning to do. It's a lot easier and faster than shaving your..um...well the ol' twig n berries area....which I think qualifies as a TMI now. Boy this is awkward...

Guest GraceWindell

bahahah thanks! i enjoyed the laugh from reading all the comments. I looked up the sugaring method and that seems nice, its suppose to be healthy for your skin too!

Guest RainbowGoth98

...I just shave it off. It's not that difficult and doesn't require much contortioning to do. It's a lot easier and faster than shaving your..um...well the ol' twig n berries area....which I think qualifies as a TMI now. Boy this is awkward...

Twig n berries? That sounds hilarious even though its tragic I was born with one. XD

Guest LMTaylor

Well, with all the problems that I DID have transitioning physically......

...at least I didn't have this one...

Dee Jay

Consider yourself lucky, sister... and we'll just leave it at that....

Lisa

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LizMarie

Let me let you all in on a little secret. It's called the Headblade. I used one for years for shaving my head since I also suffer from male pattern baldness in spots. But I've discovered that it works really well in lots of other areas too. The specialized shape which controls the movement across the skin makes it very difficult to cut yourself in most areas too. Of course on the head I'm now letting that grow out, and using Minoxidil to try to stimulate new growth in the bad spots. I plan to eventually discuss finasteride with my therapist too and honestly, at least on top, I think I may need hair transplants to make everything look good but we'll see.

What I'd really like to be able to do is take hair from elsewhere and use it on the head!

Guest Donna Jean

Well, I just sit on a big photo-copy machine and hit "Copy"

Not only does it burn the hair off, but it gives you a great pic of what it now looks like! TA DA.......

Dee Jay

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just sit on a big photo-copy machine and hit "Copy"

Not only does it burn the hair off, but it gives you a great pic of what it now looks like! TA DA.......

Dee Jay

Lol, that made me laugh & smile at the same time haha both of those things are very rare these days... :D

Guest angels wings

Tooo funny Dee Jay u crack me up girl :) that's somethin I hear a teen might do but a woman of ur mature age ...... Geeeeeee woman give me what ever ur having

Hmmm...

Dive in, or take a 'pass'?

he he he...

I've found that I am far more flexible now that I am 5 months into HRT, my bones and muscles and sinews just don't bind me as tightly as they once did, and now, finally, I can sit in a hot bath and comfortably toss a leg over a shoulder and SEE what I used to shave blindly in the past,..

Talk about an EYE opener!

Fortunately. HRT has reduced hair count and growth rates in that area substantially, so the 'leg toss' only happens about twice a month now, instead of every other day like it used to be.. :)

Multi-blade men's shavers work well for me, no complaints!

Love and far, far TMI, Svenna :)

Guest Robin Winter

I'm with Lizzie on this one. Epilator is the only way for me! Shaving leaves me with painful stubble and ingrown hairs, and I KNOW i'm not waxing back there. What an angle! I'm not comfortable asking my wife to do that either, so yeah, epilator works great.

Guest Stormrider2112

I'm with Lizzie on this one. Epilator is the only way for me! Shaving leaves me with painful stubble and ingrown hairs, and I KNOW i'm not waxing back there. What an angle! I'm not comfortable asking my wife to do that either, so yeah, epilator works great.

Agreed. Just make sure you have shorter hair there (an electric beard trimmer is AWESOME for this!)...epilating long hair hurts something fierce!
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Daiyu Hurst

Hi haha, just wondering what everyone did for hair on the back of your thighs, butt, etc. I don't really feel like a razor will get the job done and i'm not too sure if a electric shaver would do it either but... i just dunno. Decided to post to see what everyone else who is down the road in their journey did.

Thanks! ~ Grace

I use a Remington Smooth 'n Silky epilator. I wish I could reach the top of my shoulders and back as easily as I can those lower regions!
Guest Sarah1967

A hot bath with baby oil added to the bath water an a new razer works for me, I can relax in the tub an shave my legs an underarms an what ever else that needs shaving. The baby oil added to the water I can get a really smooth shave an my skin is so soft.

Guest Lani

Twig n berries? That sounds hilarious even though its tragic I was born with one. XD

O: