• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

First Time In Public...

Guest Veronica Fallon

Guest Veronica Fallon

Hi girls,

I've been dressing for many years, but tomorrow will be my first time in public as a woman. I'm going to my first Tri-ESS meeting about an hour from home, & I plan to stop for gas on the way there & again for a six-pack on the way back. I'm sooo excited to be taking this huge (for me anyways!) step, but I'm also frightened to death! I like to feel my silicone breasts jiggle, but NOT from shaking with fear (hee, hee)!! I'm really hoping for a good night's sleep tonight so I'll be at my best tomorrow, but I'm pretty wound-up with all that's going on in my head. Any last-minute advice for a shaky girl????

Humble Hugz,

Veronica

• Root Admin

Hi Veronica,

The best advice I can give is, square your shoulders back, hold your head up and present an air of confidense. You may be shaking in your shoes but if you present that air of confidense, you'll do fine.

MaryEllen :)

Guest rebecka43

I was so scrared the frist time I went out to the only way I could do it, if I got really drunk, then The thing I did not realize was I have some pretty good friends and they got me to the point that I can go out straight as a arrow now, they have taken me to the mall were we when shopping all day even bought a bunch of cute panties at victory secerts, they have taken me out to lunch, and out shoe shopping so I have been out a many times now and it dose get easier with each and every time you go out, but I still get alittlte nevrous even know most of the people that I have meet when I have been out have been really nice,right from the sales lady at victory serects, to are waitress at the pizza place, now you will always get a strange look herre and there but there are so many nice people out there who cares about the ones that do not undrestand Love always Rebecka :rolleyes:

Guest rachael devry

ss:mellow: hi talking with you girls is great. the anticipation must be overwhelming. i here i am trying to muster the courage to go shopping for a new wardrobe. so this is the advice i be taking. illjust look my best and everything will take care of itself. it sounds good now. but ill be sweating bullets. good luck and let me know how you make out. hugs, rachael

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Krystyna_Marie
ss:mellow: hi talking with you girls is great. the anticipation must be overwhelming. i here i am trying to muster the courage to go shopping for a new wardrobe. so this is the advice i be taking. illjust look my best and everything will take care of itself. it sounds good now. but ill be sweating bullets. good luck and let me know how you make out. hugs, rachael

I had my first nyt "out" en femme tonight. Needed smokes, was already dressed, I climbed in my car, and drove around for a while in 3" heels, black pinstripe stockings (fancy undies of course!), a silver and black sparkle skirt (mid thigh - I have nice legs), a white linen blouse, pearl necklace and bracelet, hair and face fully done, stuffed bra. I drove around to a few convenience stores, even got out at one that looked open, but was locked up tight. Back in the car until I found La Mercadita, and there are no cars in the lot save one (I figured the clerk). I checked myself in the rearview, heart pounding in my ears, and grabbed my handbag, and stepped from the car. I walked the walk I've been practicing in the heels, and strode through the door. Wonderful friendly female clerk, and older female helper (maybe the owner?) behind the counter. Young girl did a glance, and then a short double take, and then a big smile at me, a shy downward glance, then the big smile again. It was really lovely, she even hunted down my brand of cigs, another smile at the end.

I hopped back in the car, mission accomplished. Oh my God, I did it! This is so cute!!!

Love ya - XOXO

km

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AmberBrownCD

arent we all sooo cute? Great stories everybody. ooh ;) they always ID me when I buy cigs or beer dressed (Im 22) and Im always like.... "uuh umm okay let me..." (I get nervious like Im 16 again) then after handing them my ID card, I get a big smile and its all good. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 76 Guests (See full list)

• Jandi
    • ElizabethStar
    • Chloe Cozee
    • Ainsley
    • ValerieRun
    • Jackie C.
    • 2beBreanna
    • MaryEllen
    • Emily michelle
    • CallMeKeira
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

rkaplan
    Newest Member
    rkaplan

1. Callie40
      Callie40
      (46 years old)
    2. Vanessa Michelle
      Vanessa Michelle
      (46 years old)
    • Willow
      @KymmieL boy that’s a bit of a conundrum.  As bad as she treats you then she does something kind.  I consider buying you a woman’s flannel shirt as an attempt to move towards acceptance.  A tiny step, but none the less, a step.   Like we’ve been talking about here this that morning, women’s clothes fit different.  Does it fit ok?  I’d take that as a win.   Willow        
    • CallMeKeira
      Good morning all. Coffee is hot, apartment is cold, even with heat. My laundry is in a state of limbo, as I have so much men's clothing, a growing wardrobe of comfortable clothing, and no real solution for doing away with the old since I'm only part-time right now. I know what my heart tells me, to just take the men's clothes and just toss them out, because this girl has no desire to wear them. But, my brain goes "That's impractical, Keira. What if you need them?". It's something I'm going to bring up next therapy session, because I feel like I'm could between what is my true life, and a stage performance I've been playing on most circuit productions for 20-some theater seasons. It's vexing. (A note of positive feedback, I am 6' 2", so I feel your pain on skirt and dress length.) -warmest regards, Keira ❤️
    • KymmieL
      Willow,  that job does sound  a little fishy to me.   My wife does  complain when I get something new to wear. Why didn't I get her something.  99% of the time she may wear it once. She  surprised me last week.  She bought me a nice flannel shirt.  Quote "not to manly not to feminine."  So I looked at the tag. Size 20 womans.       Kymmie 
    • Willow
      Back.   Fashion discussion:   if I want a short sleeve T I try 3/4. The are a little long but not bad.  Mini skirts?  Not for me. I’ll go above the knee but just barely.   Next problem is finding full length dresses or skirts that are long enough.  Even long pants often end up Capri length.  My wife is jealous of my feminine appearance.  She is very short, 4’ 10”.   After years of joint compression I am now only 5’ 8”. (Guess I need to hang upside down.). She has mentioned my legs are nicer than hers.  Also my upper body is better proportioned since I have a smaller chest. She is a DD I am a B.  We wear similar sizes so things that were bought on line for her sometimes become hand me downs to me.  She really wants to lose weight before buying clothes (I lost 30 pounds) but then complains I bought clothes.  But I started from zero.  Our closet got too full and collapsed so when I physically can, I have to rebuild our closet. I hate wiremold. It’s quick and relatively inexpensive but eventually the supports tear out of the wall.   Willow
    • Willow
      Good morning everyone    sorry about that last night.  The initial search on the company looked good, so I went forward with their process of applying for a part-time job. Three hours spent answering questions and waiting for the person on the other end to move on gave me time to search further.  Both Indeed and Glass  Ceiling had poor employee reviews and mentioned high turn over.  That made me skeptical.  The last straw was the HR guy telling me to hold on he’d get back to me after I’d accepted their job offer.  I finally had had enough and sent a message back that I rescinded their offer.  Now all of a sudden they were back to me and all but you are set up to start tomorrow blah blah.  Even emailed me more paperwork.  At this point I am skeptical that I was even talking to the real company and not a scammer.  Unfortunately they did get some info out of me that if they are a scammer could be a problem.     So if it was a tease, I’m sorry but I don’t need a job and there were signs in the end the it wasn’t legit.    Willow   
    • Audrey
      I'm back, at a more reasonable hour now. Managed to get another hour and a half or so of sleep, then gave up and just got my day started. I went out for my morning exercise routine in the park - and was greeted by the wall of below-freezing air that seems to be gripping much of the Northeast and Midwest this weekend. I summoned the Minnesota girl inside of me and managed to work up enough body heat to do my usual 45 minutes. I can't even tell you how fast I made hot tea the instant I got home.   No big plans for the weekend other than enjoy the brief respite from working. My partner and I talked about going on another hike outside the City, but the cold is proving very de-motivating for that, so we'll probably just be home. There is a Moroccan lentil stew in a cookbook we hope to make, will be perfect with this weather. I'm also looking forward to my virtual girls night tonight though with my West Coast girlfriends! ❤️    @Bri2021 Your sister's home has probably has more square footage than *every* apartment in the six story building I'm living in!   Love, ~Audrey.
    • Cyndee
      Lovely fuzzy , movin' groovin'     
    • Audrey
      I chose the rose gold Apple watch when I bought one. I'd probably chose a phone like that too, except that I'm still using an iPhone 5 like they had on the Flintstones.   @Jackie C.  Super cute and warm! I love the blues with blonde hair look so much!   Love, ~Audrey.
    • Charlize
      Thank you for sharing Timber Wolf. it sounds like your days were long and full of excitement.  I spent some years competing in licensed bike racing(USCF).  Long road races required even longer training rides.  It took several years of very hard training before i was at all competitive.  At first i was alone, working against teams who tried to push others to the side.  Riding at 25 to 40 mph. in Lycra  shorts, 3 inches away from other riders could be intimidating especially when fighting to stay on the pavement.  In time i joined a team with my son.   My  did well until breaking bones in several races.  I was lucky, road rash,  bent wheels and some broken bikes. Riding was an obsession for years until a heart attack,  open heart surgery and an addiction to alcohol made riding impossible.  I guess the high point of my career was winning the state championship in a tandem time trial.  That bike as well as my last road bike hang in the barn.  I do miss riding but today my heart makes riding very difficult at best.  Wonderful memories!   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Audrey
      I have struggled to see Caitlyn Jenner as a role model. Nothing against her of course. I think it's the privilege aspect that makes it so difficult to relate. When I watched the "I Am Cait" series a few years ago, I couldn't help but feel how out of touch she was with the challenges facing the other transgender people she met. Maybe she has changed since 2015. Even still, I do think her high visibility has helped a little with mainstream consciousness of transgender people. Same with Elliot Page more recently. On the other hand, I feel that Rachel Levine and Sarah McBride are excellent role models. They will do important work in their positions, and raise the mainstream acceptance of transgender people in a very different way than a celebrity does.   I expect I will have a similar experience to what @Bri2021 describes when I come out fully at work. Many of my colleagues and clients may never have met a transgender person face-to-face, and only have whatever positive or negative impressions of the community exist in their minds. So I will be the very first one. They hold me in high regard now, and while I know things could change once I am out, I hope I can challenge any pre-existing negative attitudes by building on the positivity that they have felt about me all along.   Love, ~Audrey.
    • CD Rachel
      Good morning all, #ElizabethStar –  I am seconding Bri2021 on the full fashion show! Finishing up my second cup of coffee now. I had to run down and get some blood work done this morning. I hate needles! My first therapy session with the new therapist went well yesterday. Working on filling her in on a lot of my back story concerning my marriage and separation. I will be able to slip another session in next week so I will not have to wait two weeks to see her again. I have to go down to the wife's house today. She needs a light fixture replaced and some plumbing work done so her contractor can close up the walls. Apparently her plumber had a hissy fit when she questioned him on some iffy work that he had done and he stormed out of the house. Why is it so hard to find a good reliable contractor that shows up when he says he will and does quality work without trying to rip people off? Hope everyone has a Super Saturday! Rachel  
    • Sally Stone
      I have a denim mini-skirt that wear around the house on occasion, but I've never considered it particularly appropriate to wear out of the house.  I'd have no problem at all wearing it if I was 20 or 30.  Still, I do have quite a few other above the knee skirts that still look fashionable and they are great for showing off my legs.  It's super cold here this weekend, however, so my outing tomorrow is probably going to include a longer skirt and tall boots.
    • Shay
      @Charlize wonderful point. Just having an intelligent professional is good for the U.S. for everyone.
    • Shay
      Sadly I'm not a Jenner fan I see too much ego and she is so lucky to have the money to do anything she wants unlike most of us. And yes I am somewhat jealous that she has the money and it would be wonderful for her to help those of us who need funds for surgeries and therapy and things like electrolysis.
    • Sally Stone
      Bri, I'm pretty uniformly straight through my torso and down to my hips as well, which is exactly why I wear shapeware.  I also pad a little to give myself volume where it doesn't exist naturally.  I've been wearing foundation garment for so long now, they have become a routine part of my wardrobe.  I won't deny the fact that I'd love to have natural curves, but since not, I make my own.   Charlize, I'm so sorry I didn't notice your location before, my sincerest apologies.  Yes, there are a lot of us, and it's so obvious I'm in great company.  Maybe someday, when COVID is no longer a threat, we can all get together for a Jersey Girl celebration
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.