• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Went to my first Therapy Session today!

Guest *Brooke*

Guest *Brooke*

Well, today was my first visit to the Therapist, and even before going in, I was quite nervous, yet very excited. I got inside, and she came up to me, and introduced herself to me, and seemed very pleasant. I filled out some paperwork, and went back to her room. We started out with going through the papers I filled out, like the privacy, and contact policies along with other things. After that, we talked a bit, and gave her a little background on me. She then went on to explain the process she'll be taking me through, along with HRT, and who will be taking care of hormones for me. We talked a bit about my family, and who I've all told about myself, along with any depression I've had, and any therapy I've gone through in the past.

I have my next appointment set up for next Wednesday, and I am thrilled to go. She was absolutely wonderful, and is very sincere about helping me through things. :D I can't thank my friend enough for finding her for me. :D I'm on my way now!!

• Admin

Sounds like an excellent and thorough therapist, Alexandra. You're in good hands, and I'm really happy for you. You're right, you are on your way.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Alexandra

Sounds like a good start to an important relationship. A good therapist can smooth out a lot of the bumps on a very long road ahead. I'm glad that you have a therapist that you can work with. Kathryn

Alexandra,

Woo-hoo, yes that is great news, woo-hoo!!

That feeling of being heard and understood, of being accepted and encouraged to explore, of being, well, 'okay' in the eyes of a qualified gender professional, well, THAT is priceless!

I am very happy all went so well for you. Very cool!!

Love and HOPE, oh yeah, Svenna