• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Off to Montreal Very Soon

Guest NatashaJade

Guest NatashaJade

My surgery date is approaching quickly (May 29th to be exact). Everything is bought and paid for. I have all my supplies ready (including having gone to the store and bought a douche and pads for me...it was a weird moment when I realized these things were for me).

And now I finish my work year and hug my kids a lot and wait for this amazing event.

I am grateful to my spouse for standing by me and, quite often, holding my hand through this process. I'm grateful to her parents for fronting me the money for the surgery that I needed. I'm grateful to the relative strangers who gave me almost $2000 towards this endeavor.

And I'm grateful to all of you. When I arrived at Laura's about two and a half years ago, I was just at the beginning of this journey and even though I have not been as regular recently as I once was, I still count this place as one of the major reasons I was able to stay sane. It was a place where I learned from others and have helped others (and will continue to as I can).

It's a strange thing to think about, being this close to something so necessary and so longed for. I think about it a lot. I mentioned to a friend the other day that I will have this large void in my mind where the thoughts of this have lived for so long. She told me they would quickly be filled by the process of recovery. I believe her. She's just been through this.

But I wanted to come back here, now, and be your able reporter as I make this important journey. I'll let you know how things go and, if appropriate, answer questions as I can.

For the record, I'm having my surgery with Dr. Brassard. He comes highly recommended.

xoxo

• Forum Moderator

Nice to hear from you Natasha and you were missed, best wishes in Montreal.

Cindy -

Guest Donna Jean

Tasha...

I'm SO happy for you......

I know what you're going through....and I admire you for it!

I want to hear every detail, every nuance, every bit of info!

As you may know, Lizzy and I will get our SRS next month...so, we wanna hear all you might be able to tell us!

I am proud of you.....

You rock, Girlfriend!

Huggs

Dee Jay

Guest NatashaJade

Cindy - Thanks! Very nice to stop back in :D

Dee Jay - I don't nearly rock as much as you do. However, you know I'll give you and Lizzy all the details I can.

xoxo

Glad to see that you are back Tasha. I was figuring and hoping you'd make an appearance before your surgery and after school was out for the summer. I'm hoping I can follow your footsteps in a couple years. I just went full time at work last week and now am on the clock.

With Love,

Jenny

Guest Elizabeth K

There is another person here on Laura's Playground, who will have her surgery a month after Dee Jay and I. An unusual sequencing of events.

Tasha - the very very best for you and a speedy recovery!

Love you

Lizzy

Guest Lacey Lynne

Tasha:

Surreal, isn't it, girl?

Before you know it, you'll be blissfully postop! Some say your surgeon is The Best! Opinions vary, of course, but he's certainly Top Shelf ... all the way!

Like, I can't think of anything that rocks more than your very-soon-upcoming CGS/SRS! Well, ...

poster_landscape_sml1.jpg

How about if I told you that your impending CGS/SRS rocks as much as The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World? Well, many would say that it does! Yeah, IT DOES!!!

ROCK ON, TASHA !!!

Congrats :thumbsup: Lacey

• Admin

Wonderful news, Tasha. I wish you nothing but success and a quick recovery. You've earned this, and I know you're happy, and that makes me very happy. I'll be awaiting all your updates.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest LauraJen

I can only repeat what others have said here. I wish you every success and that things go as well as you can. Like Carolyn Marie said, you've earned this, well and truly. Big hug from me :-)

Laura Jen

Guest NatashaJade

Glad to see that you are back Tasha. I was figuring and hoping you'd make an appearance before your surgery and after school was out for the summer. I'm hoping I can follow your footsteps in a couple years. I just went full time at work last week and now am on the clock.

I'm nothing if not predictable :D I'm really happy you're full time at work now. It's a big thing. I hope you can work out all the issues there and find happiness. Plus, your work covers GRS, so you've got that going for you. Why are you waiting a couple of years? Get the ball rolling with Bowers!

Tasha:

Surreal, isn't it, girl?

Before you know it, you'll be blissfully postop! Some say your surgeon is The Best! Opinions vary, of course, but he's certainly Top Shelf ... all the way!

Thanks, Lacey! It is quite surreal (like the Magritte painting I have tattoed on my back ^_^ ) And yes, Brassard has an outstanding reputation. I'm confident that I'm in good hands.

People keep asking me if I'm nervous. Truth is that I was last month. Now I'm just ready. I have no fear of the procedure or the recovery. It is what will be and I'm good with it. I have so much good in my life, this will, as they say, be the cherry on top of my sweet existence (and it will be a refreshed cherry :thumbsup:).

To everyone else, again, thank you for your love and support. May we all get where we want to go sooner than we thought we would...for the record, this wasn't on my original plan of action until next February.

xoxo

Tasha, congratulations on your upcoming surgery, if you are like me, in addition to that void you mentioned, the static and noise that was always present disappeared when i woke up in recovery, keep us posted on how you are doing.

Paula

Guest Lacey Lynne

Tell me more about that static? I have always had it really bad.

Lizzy

Hey! Like, when static is raised to an extremely high art form, why, oh, WHY would you want to quiet it?!? Dang, like ... turn ... it ... UP !!!

JImiHendrix1.jpg

Oh, oh ... uuuhhh ... sorry, gals!

Not THIS static? You meant gender-dysphoria (pelvic dysphoria) static, right? Oh, okay ... well ..., THAT'S different!

What a rockin' time The Summer of 2012 is here at Laura's Playground:

Dee Jay

Lizzy

Tasha

Nova

Surely, I'm forgetting somebody, right?

We should celebrate! Cute butterflies, cuddly kitties and sweet songs? Come on! In later summertime when several people around here are euphorically postoperative, we've GOT to REALLY celebrate! If The Powers That Be would like me, in honor of our postoperative girls, I'd post the video of Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock doing Voodoo Chile ... some the younger set (under age 45 here) should really see! Sweet, sweet static ... at like 175 decibels! My, my ... THOSE were the days!

That static Paula and Lizzy are talking about? Uh, like, I'm beginning to really feel it too ... now that transition is moreorless a done deal. Never thought I'd say that, but, sigh, I'm saying it too. Heck, I'd like to go to Dr. Toby Meltzer; however, I believe he'll be retired by the time I get ready to do the surgery, if I do the surgery. Dr. Marci Bowers will still be in business then, I'm sure. She'll do!

Congrats, Tasha :friends::thumbsup::friends: Lacey Lynne

• Admin

A toast to all: Here's champagne to our real friends, and a real pain to our sham friends!!

Its a hot summer in store!!!

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I don't know if this was mentioned..or possibly overlooked. I see you're having your surgery in Montreal. How's your French? I don't know what it's like in the airport but I do know from traveling the streets and highways that almost everything there is in French.

Now granted, if you're taking a cab or whatever it won't be an issue. I did find that when I had to talk to someone up there, apologizing that you don't know French automatically puts you into the American category and luckily the people of Quebec love Americans...and our money. (they're not very fond of people from other Canadian provinces but let's not go into that..)

I hope when you're healed up you get a chance to tour Montreal because it's a beautiful city!

..and try some poutine. It's delish. :)

Oh and I hope you're not addicted to Starbucks..those are hard to find up there, but they do have Tim Hortons which is better. ;)