• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

More Unchristian Attacks by Clergy

Guest Elizabeth K

Guest Shari

This is so very outrageous.

Human history has seen this occur so many times, it's a stain on the human race that can never be erased. The tendency to pick on, and bully people who are different, or in the minority, is not limited to school children.

Shari

Guest Tamar

Mmmmmm.............Awefull lot of Baptist clergy going on rants. No disrespect to anyone here;but I do wonder what's going on.

No actual Christian can advocate killing anyone - the man that they named their religion after said to love your neighbor as yourself not kill anyone that you disagree with.

I have no respect for anyone who uses the Bible and religion to propagate hate - not the original intention of either.

Love ya,

Sally

• Admin

Actually, it makes sense for them, only people who do "God's Will" as these exalted conduits of God's Message proclaim, are human beings in the sense of whom Jesus spoke. We are non-people since we do not fit their mold. Jesus spoke only to people and about people, and since we are not people, it is fine for them to condemn us.

There has been a concerted effort by some political interests to rally every bigot and racist in the country in advance of the upcoming elections...

Doubt it not, many of these people would gladly allow genocide, given the chance...

:( S

Guest heatherf

I wouldn't lump the two pastors together. In fact, they are opposites. The first one is pointing outside the church and screaming you others deserve to die for your sins. The second one honestly discusses his homophobia, and then calls his own reaction sinful. It sounds like he's helping the congregation look at their own sin nature. I'd be quite curious to hear more of both messages.

I wouldn't lump the two pastors together. In fact, they are opposites. The first one is pointing outside the church and screaming you others deserve to die for your sins. The second one honestly discusses his homophobia, and then calls his own reaction sinful. It sounds like he's helping the congregation look at their own sin nature. I'd be quite curious to hear more of both messages.

I agree with you Heather and after reading some of the comments, I don't think all the harsh words are totally fair. The first one would like to see LGBT persons go away, but is afraid to do it himself. The second one is acknowledging his sins and understands it is something he needs to repent because the flesh is weak. He knows he needs to turn away from the flesh and concentrate on the spirit.

Jenny