• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Im getting my new teeth!

Guest Emily Ray

Guest Emily Ray

Using Meth for 8 years I destroyed my teeth. In January I started the process of getting them fixed as a reward for being clean for a year. Things didn't work out as well as I had planned. I have a complicated bite and the first dentist I saw didn't want to do what I could clearly see was the right to fix my teeth. He wanted to give me a partial on top, but there wasn't enough room when I closed my mouth. So I went to a new dentist who agreed that a full denture was the way to go.

The dentures came back two weeks ago and I had an appointmet set to have my teeth pulled and them put in last week. But, then the dentist father died and so he closed his practice for a week so he could attend the funeral. My new appointment is now Monday. I am so excited to finally be free of the last reminder of my addiction. I even quit smoking so that I can keep my teeth as white as possible. I now have 3 months smoke free.

Huggs

Emily

Guest angels wings

Yeahhhhh great things are coming ur way lovey :) You will feel so much better with your new teeth belive it or not it's a great confidence booster to be able to smile and not hide

• Forum Moderator

Congratz Emily!

That is great all the way around. I had to have my teeth replaced due to bone loss resulting mouth breathing at night from asthma almost 20 years ago and never regretted it

It will feel wonderful to see that bright beautiful smile and be reminded of your victories each time

Hugs

Johnny

Guest ~Brenda~

Emily hon,

I am so glad to hear that you are clean :) I used to shoot meth. I am glad that I do not do that anymore.

Love.

Brenda

Guest rikkicd64

Congratulations Emily, I need to do the same thing, I have managed to get the smoking down to 4 cigs. a day, I am very proud and happy for you.

Rikki.... :goodjob:

Guest Tamar

Wow Emily the inspiration your post provides is just awesome. Thankyou.

And new teeth? I can promise you your health and self esteem will both improve tremendously

Rock on girlfriend.

Congratulations Emily

All of us are proud of you. What you have accomplish took Herculean effort and awesome fortitude to do what you have done. Quitting smoking is difficult enough, I've been through that hurdlw years ago. But the addiction that Meth causes, I can't imagine. There isn't any obstacle a person can't overcome if they want it bad enough. I have no doubt that come Tuesday your smile will light up an entire room. I hope you cherish every moment as well you should. In your corner Emily. :groupwavereversed: Kathryn

• Forum Moderator

That is great Emily. I shot meth before college and was fortunate to quit quickly. I think acid got in the way. The summer of love, 1967. Ijust got new front teeth. Mine had always been a mess and my father said he would have fixed them if i was a girl. This girl got them fixed. Congrats on the cigs too. Thats big. Its so hard not to slip with cigs. i've got 2 years now and hope to stay off with the help of my higher power one day at a time.

Hugs and keep smiling, Charlie

Guest Donna Jean

Good on you, Em.......

I still have most of mine at age 62, but everyone in my family has dentures and swear by them.....

Wear them with a smile...

(and...I'm glad that you're not smoking...that can tear ya up on HRT!)

Huggs

Dee Jay

Guest Shari

Hi Emily,

I have a set of implants, their whiter and prettier than I ever dreamed was possible for me. I had bad "teeth genes" I guess.

Wearing a denture will be an adjustment and you may need to learn some new tricks for talking and eating but that is very temporary. If you start to get frustrated, smile at yourself in the mirror and it will make it all worthwhile. Your dentist may adjust how they fit several times before you get a permanent set.

I especially like the look of my teeth contrasted with red lipstick. Pretty white teeth are very feminine and, hehe, that was the first step in my transition (I kept that to myself). It's so nice to have teeth that I'm not embarrassed to show off with big smiles.

Hugs,

Shari

Guest AlyTheGreatAngel

Congratulations! That's truly a great story! You're going to love your new smile. (:

I hate my smile, but hopefully maybe I can fix mine the way I want them.

I want veneers on 4 of my top teeth, and get the bottom teeth straightened. Most of all I want to whiten them. >.>. *sigh* one day. .

Guest AlyTheGreatAngel

Congratulations! That's truly a great story! You're going to love your new smile. (:

I hate my smile, but hopefully maybe I can fix mine the way I want them.

I want veneers on 4 of my top teeth, and get the bottom teeth straightened. Most of all I want to whiten them. >.>. *sigh* one day. .