• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Knew they accepted you when..?

Guest Refusing to choose

Guest Refusing to choose

I know not everyone has felt accepted, but for any who have, when did you know that person truly accepted you?

For me it was:

When I came out, all my friends just looked at me and said 'so? you're just you.'.

When my boyfriend came shopping with me, went away and came back with 2 shirts - one masculine, one feminine.

When my brother gave me some new boxers when I went to visit my parents because he knew I wouldn't have brought any.

Guest Elizabeth K

Good Topic!

When a girlfriend (girl to girl type) took my hand for some reason, stopped suddenly and said, "Your hands are so soft' (hesitation) then smiled, and used that "B" word women use with each other!

When women at church started a conversation, and we all went into the lady's room, and the conversation just kept going, like it was no big deal.

When women in the perfume counters at Macy's started running up to me to show a new product. Also when they wanted me to stop for a makeover at the cosmetic counters.

When one of the guys at PFLAG first gave me a sweet kiss on the cheek.

When my kids would tell a story saying, "My dad, she...."

When I started loving myself, again.

Lizzy

Guest Donna Jean

Acceptance was like boiling a frog.......

If you drop a frog into boiling water, he'll jump right out!

If you put him in cool water and slowly bring it to a boil, he'll never notice and boil to death.....

My acceptance is the second frog....

Dee Jay

Guest angels wings

I thought I had accepted from the beginning when my partner first told me and I went out and got her some clothes . But after many emotions I belive I truely accepted months later when in my Heart i knew it was never going to be the same that the husband I had no longer was there . I think that's when my true acceptance of my partner really happened .

Guest Alder

Lets see...

When my Aunt was introducing me to her fellow church members as her Nephew Alder.

I was invited out to guys night by a friend :)

When one of the friends I was most scared to tell said nothing but "I'm so happy/proud for you hun! <3"

When my Gramma was still thrilled to hear I wanted to visit this fall :)

and mostly, when my daughter crawls into my lap while I'm having to explain why I look how I do to another child and says "That's because mommy is a boy" with lots of pride and love in her voice.

Guest Juniper Blue

When my friend said boldly in front of her husand "You are a hansome woman!" and her husband agreed. When my H.S. English teacher responded (after I came out) "That she had never been prouder of me. " When my guy friend who was freaked out by the double mastectomy said "I looked great." When one of my best friend's calls me "Uncle." It's usauly kind of silly stuff like that this that means a lot.

Guest Micha

and mostly, when my daughter crawls into my lap while I'm having to explain why I look how I do to another child and says "That's because mommy is a boy" with lots of pride and love in her voice.

:score::friends:

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

When I said to my high school roommate "I'm transgender" and he raised his hand for a high five. I had been childishly building it up for a few days, though. "I've got something to tell you. NO! I can't. If you guess I'll let you know. No, I'm not gay. Yes, it's sort of medical. No, I'm not dying..." He was just happy to finally find out what it was!

Guest Micha

When I said to my high school roommate "I'm transgender" and he raised his hand for a high five. I had been childishly building it up for a few days, though. "I've got something to tell you. NO! I can't. If you guess I'll let you know. No, I'm not gay. Yes, it's sort of medical. No, I'm not dying..." He was just happy to finally find out what it was!

*HUGGLES*

You deserve it. ^_^

Guest Alder

XD I did a similar thing with one of my good friends! I waited moooonths to tell her and when I did she was all "good for you!" XD

Guest Annabelle Anders

Wow, what a great topic idea!

Well, I have only come out to the friends I absolutely know would accept me, so I feel like i'm cheating a little bit in writing these, but these are the points in time when I got over my doubt about who I told...My mind likes to argue with itself :/

When my Significant Other bought me a pair of breast forms for my birthday, and when her eye lit up with attraction.

When my best friend invited me and my heels out to one of his favorite bars. I only recently found out he is gay, so I feel honored.

When my ex-girlfriend, yet really close friend told me that it didn't surprise her. As soon as I mentioned it, everything made sense.

When I finally tell my parents, (maybe today?) They are great, understanding people, but I don't feel free until they know. :/

-Anna