• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Are my detractors right? (Some mature content)

Guest Amberley_Vail

Guest Amberley_Vail

One of the friends Im out to thinks my trans feelings are a by-product of splitting up with my last serious partner, and that Im making a huge mistake. Ive been able to block him out till now because he is a bit of a Captain Negative about everything.

I recently came out to another friend, the first female friend Ive told. We talked for hours, got a little emotional and ended up having sex. Shes been the most supportive and understanding of the people Ive told and we've been together a couple of times since that first night.

However, Ive started feeling less and less sure of my trans feelings, meaning that Ive been dwelling on Captain Negatives words. Am I kidding myself? Im clinging to the hope that theres some kind of link between testosterone, sex drive and brain chemistry that means im less inclined to follow my female tendancies after a period of sexual activity.

Guest CariadsCarrot

I can't see how breaking up with a partner could make you feel trans. It could take away a reason for SUPPRESSING being trans either consciously or unconsciously maybe..?

I also think that sex isn't gonna STOP you being trans if you are.

The rest of whether you're trans or not though is something only you can work out and no one else...not us and not your friend...can tell you. I can't remember if you're seeing a gender therapist but it sounds like talking to them would really help you more than anything right now.

Gabe

• Forum Moderator

I can only speak about my own experience but over the years i've been less inclined to live my female self when i was in a new relationships. (40+ years ago). I was being a male to the best of my ability. My female self never left. She has always been there and now that i'm older she wants to be realized before i die. Not going to raise any more kids and can be a grandma with joy. My trans issues never left me. I just pushed them to the side to live the life i thought i wanted.

Hugs, Charlie

Amberley,

Forget what everybody else THINKS...

Tell me about YOUR gender dysphoria...

Or. your LACK of gender dysphoria....

That is where I'd be looking for answers...

Svenna

Guest Mayrah

Just "becool" about it, feelings come and go, but gender dysphora stays forever. Take a step back and think about your future, what would be best for you?