• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Newbie Trying To Learn

Guest Lani

Guest Lani

I have researched the "Wicca religion" all day long on the internet.. :P Good thing for WIFI.... I love what I have found about the religion!! It is the only religion that I have ever agreed with on everything... Normally, after I have spent a tiny bit researching a religion I disagree with some things about the religion....Not on this religion!! So far, I agree with EVERY SINGLE THING!! :) It feels like I'm "whole" in my soul in a sense... I feel like I have found a missing "puzzle piece" of my being... WOW.. I am SUPER DUPER HAPPY!! :) All the stereotypes about the religion are wrong as I suspected!! :) Nobody serves "Satan the devil" in the religion... It's not even "satanic" in any way... Hollywood has really hurt the reputation of the "old religion"!! The general public thinks people of the religion are "evil people that cast evil spells on people".... That's SOOOOO FAR FROM THE TRUTH!!!! Wow... Society is messed up.... I know I got SOOOOO much more things to learn, but, I know this religion is NOT "evil".... :) I can't stop reading & learning about the "Wicca culture"!!! IT FEELS SOOOOOOO RIGHT TO ME!! Nothing in my WHOLE life has felt this RIGHT!!! :) It's like I have found a "home".... :)

:( I can't tell my blood-family about my interest in this subject, my mum would call me a "Satanist" & kick me out I bet... :( She has told me since I was born, to stay away from anything "Wicca-related" MATTER WHAT.. I am sad that she is misinformed....... 

It is such a beautiful religion....

I think it's good that "spells" have rule(s).... Karma is a good balance I believe.... I like it that if you do any "wrong" to ANYONE in a "spell", you get it right back, but, 3 times worst... That's a good balance....

Many people think that "magic" ("Magik") is "turning someone in a frog or something", but, that's far from the truth... It's being connected with EVERYTHING.. It's having your "eyes open"... It's believing... It's being able to understand the trees & nature... It's EVERYTHING!!!! it's NOT what Hollywood has portrayed it to be.... It's much more... It's beautiful..... It's not the "hocus pocus crap" that most people think it is..... It's not "Harry Potter"..... It's being "one" with the universe... Why does "magik" have the reputation it does? There are few people that abuse it, but, that's the few people, not everybody.. 

It makes me terribly sad that some people abuse the "magik arts".... It's a gift, and, I believe it should be respected....

I have never casted a "spell" or done a "ritual" before.... Im waiting..... I got to learn much, much more... I'm merely just a newbie..... This is just my first day learning.... I know for a fact that I will always have something to learn, but, I will NEVER EVER stop trying to learn.... I know the "magik arts" can be dangerous..... Just today, I have heard stories about "spells" going wrong & people getting "overcomed by beings in the spirit-realm".... 

How could I protect myself from anything ever "bad" happening to me if someday I use the "magik arts"?? I don't want anything attacking me in any shape or form....  

I think I'm going to "Wicca school" online..... I don't know yet.... I don't want to rush anything, but, this feels sooo right..................................

Guest Zoeyy

Hi Lani!

I am Wiccan myself, and I'd have to say that the religion is unique to everyone! I love that about it.

You'll definitely have fun researching it and learning more if you're anything like me! :)

My mother felt the same way when I told her about me becoming Wiccan. It's been a good four years now and she has been supportive and informed about that truth of the religion.

Heck I even held my own Wiccan ritual at my Catholic school during World religions class. Successfully let everyone in my class know that there is no Satan in my religion. Had a lot of people coming to me out of the blue to ask questions even!

I digress, it's a beautiful religion to learn about. If you choose to go further down the nature path, I wish you best of luck and fun on the old path!

Blessed be!

- Zoeyy

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Angelica Alice

Well, not sure if you can give links here. Google spellsofmagic and that's a community full of Wiccans, pagans, etc. There is also forums so you can ask for teachers etc.