• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Am I

Guest nicole08

Guest nicole08

ok like really what am i and plz nobody say its not important cuz i really want to know what i am ok like i feel like i should of ben born a girl but then on certen days i think and its like y do i feel this way and try to get read of the feelings and like they keep comeing back like is this all normel.and like idk like could someone help me

I don't claim to be an expert of any kind, and having approximately two months of social psychology as a background, I'll just say:

I won't tell you it's not important, because I totally get that it is to you. I said the same. It's a pain not knowing what's going on in your own head. But because I love labels and logic, I also love tests. Here are two:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030604112140/...testpages1.html

This is for the COGIATI, a test specifically designed for potential MTFs. (It can also be used by anyone else, as long as you use your imagination for some of the questions and flip the categories (i.e. "Normal Male" becomes "Transsexual", up to "Transsexual" becomes "Normal Female").)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sex/

This goes to a "Brain Sex" test that measures based on intellect and a little bit of physiology. I prefer this one because you can't skew it based on what you want it to say, but at the same time it says it can be skewed based on age and intelligence. You win some, you lose some.

Maybe these can help you figure it out.

Guest Donna Jean

Wow, Itzika.......

Thanks for that..I've never seen the second one before, so, naturally I HAD to take it and see what it was about. That was very revealing. I better not give those fuzzy bunnie slippers to Goodwill quite yet! I love the way those things make you think......Thanks, Hon! ;)

In all my dizzyness.....

Donna Jean

I definately know that there is an importance in being able to find peace in yourself, but be careful believing in internet tests. And certainly don't base any life decision on them. Better to look into therapy with a qualified gender therapist. And if that just isn't possible, if its money and or parents that are a barrier and you just have to have some sort of handle on whats happening with you, then consider talking things through in a trans support group in your area. Their meetings are typically free. And you might get input in that environment from lgbt counselors who interact with it or even a gender counselor in "off hours" who's associated with that group. If you attend school (not sure of your age) then also consider talking with someone in the school's lgbt office. Often, even if these folks aren't gender therapists they're educated in psychosocial fields and are at least skilled listeners.

Always feel free to share, interact and sort out your own thoughts here though. In the end its what YOU say thats most telling, not who you tell it to.