• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Introducing Carolynn

Guest carolynn2fem

Guest carolynn2fem

Hello Everyone

My Name is Carolynn or would be if I was born female. I feel like I should be dressed aproprately in a fancy evening gown for this but I'm not and that is ok. I am 50 and have being married for 23 years in september. it is not the greatest but im working on it.

I have being one several CD fourms over the recent years depending on opertunite and the thickness of that pink fog. I'm hesident on doing a intro because I'm not realy sure where on the spectrum i'm at. Getting a GT is something that has being echoed at the differnt places i've being to but only recently found one unfortunity its 3 more weeks till my first appointment. where I think I fit in is weekend crossdresser. like most others here my history goes back to childhood. I realy dont know where to draw the line on CD'ing for me. most standards dont apply to me in that stuff from the mens department is too big for me so I go to the womens department for most clothing items. shoes are womens 8-8.5 jeans are size 2. technicaly I'm sure some would call that crossdressing but i'm presenting as male so i dont think that applies. in reality that is just the tip of the iceburg

Like I said I'm going to see a GT. while trying to keep a open mind about it partisipation at LP could enhance or slant that experiance, while I know everyone is in a differnt place I dont want to sell myself something i am not. it would be easy to sell myself on the idea of hormones but is that realy what I need?

I do read alot here but dont respond to everything. even the teen and kid fourms I do not want to respond there for a couple reasons. 1 i'm not a teen and 2 being a parent I may understand there plight but my responce would be more as a parent and proably not as supportive as they would like.

Hugs Carolynn

Guest chngnwnd

Welcome Carolyn. Three weeks may seem a long time, but it will go by quicker than you think. Seeing a GT should prove very helpful to you - it has helped a lot of us here, myself included.

Bobbi

Carolynn,

I am glad that you have decided to let us know a bit more about you - it is pretty late for a welcome to the forums but I do hope that you do feel welcome.

The GT session is going to be a great place to find out more about yourself and where you feel most comfortable on the gender spectrum.

No one here believes that everyone is the same and we really do not want to be the same - find your comfort zone and be happy, hormones may not be for you and if they are not - congratulations, if they are then go for it.

This is your life, live it as yourself whoever that person is and you will be happy - never while you are pretending to be someone else.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Jess_k

Hi Carolynn. Waiting for the GT, especially the first time, is never easy but the wait will be worth it. Don't feel you have to fit into specific labels, just enjoy being you!

• Forum Moderator

Hi Carolyn, Welcome and thanks for your post. We are all on different roads but i think we all share a desire to understand and accept ourselves better. I think its great they you read in all forums. Feel free to comment as well just stay within our guidelines.

When we post it is with the hope that we're helping others as well as ourselves. I'm glad your going to see a GT.

Hugs, Charlie

Guest Mia J

Hello Carolynn and welcome to Laura's. We are happy to have you with us on the forums.

We have members who fit the whole gender spectrum so you should feel at home here.

Good to hear you are going to see a GT as that will help to start figuring out where you are.

Mia

• Admin

Welcome to the Playground, Carolynn. I never ignore a new member, and I certainly couldn't ignore one with nearly the same name. :)

I'm glad you ventured in here, hon. I think we can help a lot. As has already been said, we know that not everyone is transsexual, or that everyone wants or needs to transition. We are open for all, and supportive of all. So feel free to ask any questions or post any comments.

We do have some great forums for CDers, including Fashion and Beauty, and a moderated Chat session once a week. But you aren't obligated to participate in anything that you don't want to. Good luck on your upcoming therapy session. I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest miss kindheart

Hi Carolynn,

<<< hug >>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 57 Guests (See full list)

• Mikayla2024
    • Charlize
    • MaryEllen
    • ClaireBloom
    • Ivy
    • SamC
    • Charleigh Lucille
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Mikayla2024
    Newest Member
    Mikayla2024

1. DaveMK
      DaveMK
    2. Heidi45
      Heidi45
      (46 years old)
    3. Jordy
      Jordy
      (42 years old)
    4. stella
      stella
      (61 years old)
    • Ivy
      I don't need that "new math."  My brain does it on its own.
    • Willow
      You know the advantages we had using long division and multiplication, slide rules and log table?  We can look at a result and know right away if something is wrong with it. Kids that have grown up using calculators can hit keystrokes on their calculator but they have no clue that the answer is wrong when there is a factor of ten that they messed up.  Also we learned our basic math tables inside out and upside down. They use this new math that mixes everything up.  
    • Mmindy
      Good afternoon Kayla,   Welcome to Transgender Pulse Forum, I hope you find this place as helpful and fun as I do. There are so many people from all walks of life, and locations in the World. Look around and join in on any threads you find interesting.   Best wishes, stay positive and motivated,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mikayla2024
      Hi All,   So today, I finally met with my Nurse Practitioner in her office to officially go over HRT for me. A little bit of background about gender affirming care in my province I live in - Doctors and NP’s now have the authority to perform gender affirming care as per a new directive recently. I only know because 6 weeks ago when I met with her and telling her about who I truly am, she said that before our appointment she was in a province wide zoom meeting with the sexual health centre in Halifax about gender affirming care and them explaining to all the PCP’s that if they can handle gender affirming care in the community as it would help save resources to focus on the more sensitive clientele such as children and teens.   At the end, I had to sign a document ensuring I understood everything. I grabbed the document so fast and signed away !!   So, she prescribed XXmg of spiro daily in the morning (Anti-Androgen) to start for 4 weeks and then seeing how I respond to that, she’s going to then start me on Estrogen pills. I already have a follow up appointment booked at the end of June.   I trust my NP wholeheartedly, kinda disappointed that I didn’t get the E, but I totally understand why. I’m a little nervous with the side effects however of Spiro, but regardless of side effects I’m going ahead with the plan and trusting in process and becoming who I’m truly supposed to be.   Question though as I’m curious - I know it’s a low dose of spiro but even then what sort of changes can I see from just the spiro alone without the e for those first 4 weeks?    thanks everyone!!   Kayla
    • April Marie
      Very cute!!!
    • Mmindy
      Yes I do... Creating/Building handcrafted gifts for family and friends using wood or metal. Camping and all the things you think could go with that, hiking, fishing, hunting, bird watching, meeting new people, and music festivals. Bluegrass, Folk, Americana. Seeing new parts of the world, and historical locations. Star gazing.   My father use to say he didn't trust anyone that didn't have at least to vises. I'm not so worried about your vises, however I don't think anyone should have less than two hobbies.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mmindy
      Congratulations @LoreleiI hope it works out for you.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • KathyLauren
      We were not allowed to use calculators in high school.  Even if we could afford one, $80 (in 1970 dollars!) would only get you a four-function calculator, so it would have been pointless anyway.  Everything was slide rules and longhand.  Being a math nerd, that was no hardship for me.   When my brothers and I were cleaning out my father's house after he passed, I found a couple of slide rules in his wife's desk.  I appropriated them and still have them, my own having been foolishly tossed years ago.  
    • Carolyn Marie
      That is lovely, Charlize.  Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, and congrats on your "anniversary."  It's always been the little things that make me happiest about being a woman outwardly, and I'm glad that it's the same for you.  Getting older can sometimes be unpleasant and difficult, but we who transitioned later in life can appreciate the changes transition has brought us, as much as, or perhaps more than, someone who transitioned young.    HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Mmindy
      Hugs @MaeBeIt's normal to loose sleep after losing a job. Then you compound that with your anticipated move across the country and transitioning. I'm surprised you're getting any sleep. I'm also sure your wife does since any anxiety you're experiencing. I don't know if you're using online counseling or not, but it might be a good idea to keep in touch with your therapist via video until you locate a local therapist in your new community once you've moved.    It's okay to feel lost or detached while you're in the moving/job hunting process.   I'm excited for you and your new opportunities.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Carolyn Marie
      I would like to mention that I participated in this study today and completed a one hour interview with Mr. Davenport.  He had a lot of really excellent questions and was very nice.  I think he learned a lot from me, and I enjoyed talking with him.   Carolyn Marie
    • Charlize
      4 years ago after 63 years as a man my wife asked me what i wanted for my 64th birthday. I told her that i wanted her to come with me to the mall to get my ears pierced. That was our first trip out together as a pair of females. I think she felt so many of the fears i had felt for years when i'd dress and enter the world as myself. We did it and the sky didn't fall on us. I was walking on air, finally myself and in the world with the woman i love.      4 years have passed now. "He" is no longer presenting himself anywhere. He is not gone. 63 years of him dominating my life leaves many marks, many of which i still enjoy. He will always be part of me. The world now sees a much different person. I am still adjusting to the reactions of others. At the farm newcomers coming for lumber from the sawmill seem amazed when i come out to greet them. The "Your Charlize!" statements hold an incredulity i enjoy. When it comes to moving wood i am relegated to a much lighter load. No complaints form this older gal about that. It's fun to see the guys showing off a bit for my benefit but i wonder if they know how those boards got there to start? Mmmm being female brings up many interesting views i had not noticed before. Seeing the world from two sides is a privilege that compensates for the ignorance of the haters who simply can't understand. Speaking of that i wonder at how much different i might have been in a fully accepting world. Adversity does give perspectives not otherwise seen. I've found that in several aspects of my life.    Anyway 68 is great so far.    It's been very hot for this time of year here in NJ. Yesterday i was wearing a knee length jean skirt and nice red top when i went out to grab a pizza. Yea, we had a pizza party with my family. It was lovely. As i left the pizzeria with the pies in hands a gentleman ran to open the door for me. I looked at him to thank him and noticed his gaze seemed glued to my legs only looking up to smile when he heard my thanks. Ahhhh it's lovely to be a 68 year old hottie.     At 76 i'm still a happy young lady.  Men still smile and so do the women i meet at the store.  Life blesses me as the earth travels on another trip around the sun.  I am finding a peace with myself and the world that seemed impossible at 62.     Hugs,   Charlize
    • Vidanjali
      Thank you, @Betty K. You did very well in all respects. Please take care of your mental well-being, dear. Digging so deeply into this is bound to affect your inner peace. Don't let it stick to you, if you can. Much love. 
    • BobbiSkunk
      Last night was salmon (on a cedar plank?) and lima beans!  Kind of simple, but I needed that.   ...   Please, if anyone has tasty fish recipes share them?  Also, not sure why the salmon came with a small cedar plank to cook it on, was just looking to try something new.  >.>
    • Karen Carey
      Where am I?   I now have the answer.   A short recap. Having been diagnosed with gender dysphoria last year, at the age of 79, I started an initial dose of HRT in December. My psychiatrist suggested that it was likely to affect me in one of three ways. Firstly, that oestrogen was not right for me and to discontinue it; secondly that it might push me down the road to transition; thirdly that it might temper the dysphoria such that there would be no need to seek further transition. I felt a mix of wanting two and three, but with social transitioning (outside the family) terrifying me.    The first four months produced mild physical and mental changes that I have talked about before, and seem to be common. I felt that the HRT was easing me down the path to transitioning, encouraged by an Endo who was keen to hear of my progress with name-change and coming out further. (This on the assumption that I wanted to increase the HRT. I did not.)   Then, something strange happened.  In April I started reading @SallyStone’s chapters of her life (Sally’s Trans World, a wonderful read).  She made me think hard, and in a slightly different way from before. A switch clicked off.  It was 15th April when the desire to transition left me. Of course, the dysphoria has not wound back to zero.  I still love the feminine, admire the feminine form, and dressing as a woman. But, the urge to transition has gone.  The fear that I may regress just as suddenly is now easing. The result is a much more relaxed me.   My psychiatrist is very pleased (as am I) with the effect that HRT has had on me, and while recognising that GD is still his diagnosis, he recommends staying on the low dose. My GP is delighted that I am not proceeding any further with transition from a medical perspective. For me, the small physical effects that I am experiencing are outweighed by the mental benefits.   I write this to give a different perspective on the value of low-dose HRT. It may help those with GD who are uncertain about transitioning.   Thanks for reading.   Karen  
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.