• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

So, Im In Iraq.

• Root Admin

Hi Katie,

I sure am glad to hear that. Let's hope it stays that way for the remainder of your term. :)

MaryEllen :)

Guest katie019

it sounds nice over there that its not super exciting, but over here for me it sucks. i want it to pick up which it has but not too much, but i know its going to calm back down. its only picking up because of a holiday they got, and iraqi elections are coming up.

but i need the experience. i want some stuff to go down, because i wasnt old enough before and now that i am its calming. and i know that no matter what i'll be fine and ill do my best to keep my buddy to the left and right fine.

Guest Donna Jean

Oh, Katie! SO good to here from you and to know you are safe! I hope that things keep to a low rumble...maybe you want a little excitement, but, peace is where it's at! I can understand your need to break the boredom, but, being a Viet Nam veteran...never ask for stuff..it'll find you..

Like we used to say ..the definition of flying over there was "Hours and hours of boredom interrupted by moments of sheer terror!!" ;)

Keep your head down and watch your buddies back...

Peace

Donna Jean

Stay safe and be careful what you wish for - things have a way of heating up very quickly - don't let boredom cause you to let your guard down.

Be careful, love ya,

Sally

Guest katie019

yah, you're all right. i shouldnt let my boredom get the best of me. i guess i should consider myself lucky that its not how it used to be. thanks for the responses to my post.

love to all,

katie

Guest DeniseNM

Glad to hear that it has calmed down over there. Definately wasn't calm when I was there (but that was at the beginning of all of it 03-04). Stay safe though girl and don't let your guard down. Come home safe.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Adoni-Michelle

I am post surgical and a disabled vet and I know the road is hard but the VA treats you decent when you get out they have a non disscrimination clause that will not allow for the discrimination based upon sexual orientation or gender and they support you (reasonablly) Hang in there girl.

Hugs,

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...
Guest My_Genesis

So my RA was right! I was hoping it wasn't pro-war bias that made her say things aren't as bad over there as the media makes it out to be :P

Glad to hear that!

And you're from Springs..nice! :)

(I go to college in Denver)

Guest Evan_J

Definately don't wish for "excitement". There's no excitement in being scared. Hopin you come home and that all of this melts into something that used to be.....

Evan