• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Wondering about a blouse style

Guest pockychaser

Guest pockychaser

Hello, everyone. As I've mentioned elsewhere on my LP blog, I've finally started my new job! The topic, of course, isn't about that, but about the uniform, specifically the top! We get some good-natured ribbing about it, because both ladies and gentlemen wear the same thing. It is, quite literally, a blouse, and it's really cute! I just don't know what the style is called, and I'd love to find more of the same kind. I don't know what the material is, but it's plain white, has no buttons and a V-necked collar, slight shoulder puffs and a chest seam that purposely bunches the material a bit. Anyone recognize it, by any chance?

Guest pockychaser

Mmhm! Here's a picture I took of it. It's a bit grainy, but otherwise pretty good, even if it does look like my left arm is gone. I took off the nametag that goes with it since it, of course, gives my real name, work place, but also my birth state.

Uniformblouse.jpg

Guest Mittens_kittens

I believe shirts/blouses that have a seam across the chest like that are called smocks. Congratulations on the new job! :)

Guest pockychaser

I'm extraordinarily tempted to use it in a non-work outfit once I get the chance to really go shopping, since I've actually got two. :3 What sorts of things would work with it, d'you think? Also, I asked my little sister and her friend what they thought it was, and the best they could come up with was "some kind of Shakespearean thing". X3 They agree that it looks good, but sadly I had to pretend that I didn't like having to wear it and that it was weird that I have to wear it. While the latter might be a valid point (Might.), I love wearing it. It's really cool and easy to move around in (which is, I think, the whole point).

Guest pockychaser

Ah, thank you! That does seem to be what it is (or at least very close)! I appreciate it. And thank you for the congratulations. I'm really enjoying myself. It's a job solidly in my element.

• Forum Moderator

I think it would look cute with a long full skirt and low heels. I want to work there its cute.

Hugs, Charlie

Can I get one in purple? mint green? I agree with Charlie, I want to work there too. I don't care if it is hair dressing, food service, science lab, or theater productions :)

Out of curiosity, what industry is it? I can't imagine manly men wanting to wear a poufy sleeved smock... Of course, that isn't my problem, lol!

Michelle

Denim A line Skirt and I'd like two or three of them to go with it and flats. Kathryn

• 2 weeks later...

It is VERY cute. I think I have one that is similar. I would send it to you but I don't think Mauve would work.if you can't wear a pretty color of your chice. I do think the skirt idea would be fantastic. mmmmmmm Any job openings?

Candy Kane

Guest pockychaser

Hi, everyone! My job's been keeping me really busy. ^^; I actually already gave my job in the first post my blog: Skyride operator at Busch Gardens. The blouse is supposedly unisex, since both guys and girls wear it, and there isn't an alternate uniform. And yes, there are manly men that do wear it. As you can probably imagine, we get a few teasing comments about the uniform from the guests, but they actually make me happy.

In other news, I'm going shopping tomorrow! It's that most wonderful of days for little worker drones and once I've taken care of my budgeted expenses and such, I'm going to have fun. :3 I'm going to get those skirts and flats you all suggested. Do you think I should get a cloth tape measure and get myself measured? Where would I even find one of those?

P.S.: I'm not particularly worried about unwelcome attention. I have to do all sorts of interesting juggling just to get to work and back, and onsite security is very quick and competent. Then there's my dogs at home. Whee!

• Admin

Do you think I should get a cloth tape measure and get myself measured? Where would I even find one of those?

Very handy to have. CVS Drugs, RiteAid, (Any of them) Wal Mart or any fabric store or craft store with a sewing section will have them. Real fun to have for checking bra sizes. Much more comfortable to use than a contractors steel measuring tape.

Guest pockychaser

Very handy to have. CVS Drugs, RiteAid, (Any of them) Wal Mart or any fabric store or craft store with a sewing section will have them. Real fun to have for checking bra sizes. Much more comfortable to use than a contractors steel measuring tape.

I can imagine! Thank you for the tip! I'll be sure to swing by one of them and grab one. There used to be a nice blue one lying around the house, but I haven't seen it for years. My dad used it back when he was in the Army.