• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My turn - Lucky's wife

Guest angelvice

Guest angelvice

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to thank you who have been there for me in the last week: I posted an introduction in the SO forum, but was gently nudged to say hi in here too... so that everyone and not just SO's could say hi :)

I Guess I don't have that much to say, as i said quite a bit in the other forum, and well, My husband (soon to be wife?) wrote a novel here today which explains a bit what my role has been (luckyMe).

I have been taking it pretty hard, but not hard enough to leave. I love her so very much, and want us to continue living together as a happy, loving family (we have an almost 2yrs old daughter and planning for a second). I know the road ahead of us is difficult, but I hope that with love and the fact that I am somewhat bisexual and very open-minded, that we live this journey together and we can tell stories about it to our grandkids. The truth is very important to me, and lucky agrees that living in stealth is not in our best interests. We may simply choose NOT to tell those who do not matter.... but there is a LOT of people out there that DO matter. We both hope that we will not lose any family or friends from this, and will need some support. You all seem like a great community, and I look forward to sharing happy events and less happy ones with you all :)

*great big hug to who i am hopeing will be a new great big family*

Guest lairlane

Another Angel on LP (we'll sort this out),

We will be happy to share your journey and with any luck some of us will be around to chat with your grandchildren.

We understand the challenges ahead and welcome any comments or questions 24x7.

Lana

Hi Angelvice:

I replied to your spouse and also included you in the welcome. But I do welcome you. It may look like a long scary journey just starting out, but with support, both of you can do this together. This is not a marriage breaker for every couple. Many spouses love each other and work through it. And are happier because of it. There are many good members in our community who have experienced one spouse transitioning and can and will support and help you as you also transition. Because both of you go through this together and it takes team work.

I know you have concerns for your young daughter and possibly a second child. Children become very comfortable because they grow up with it. Thier friends think it's cool they have two moms. You will have some bumps along the way. Their will be people out there who refuse to live and let live, but that will become alright to. You will grow and most folks will be accepting. There is now so much research out there confirming actual differences in the brain of transsexual people. That our brains are either feminized or masculinize and their is just a small window where a baby's brain can be transformed. If that window is missed for whatever reason, their brain remains forever either male or female gendered.

So Angelvice, I'm Kathryn and let me properly welcome you to the playground. We are glad you Lucky are our newest members of our community here at Laura's.

Guest angelvice

Thank you!

Im glad to hear that people are more and more open, and im especially glad to hear that my children can grow up with relatively normal lives (happy is more important than normal though!).

Thank you both for your support, I am sure my FW (futur wife? :P) will also appreciate a lot.

Lairlane : I have had this nickname for quite a while on the WWW, but most people actually shorten it to Vicey instead of angel ;) So maybe that well end up being how you can call me to stop the confusion! Otherwise I can just change it, no biggie!

Kathryn: I do believe what you say about the actual differences between the brains... it is however unfortunately more difficult to accept than it was to believe it. I know my husband is NOT doing this to get attention or because of some whim... the feelings i get are more of *why me* than disbelief. I guess time heals all wounds...

Guest lairlane

Vicey,

Sweet name; if that works for you it's fine with us. We have a "Vixen" in our family (70 pounds of furry love and an alpha female at that!).

About your child(ren). As you and Lucky mature with the concept of transition you'll find she still has many of the traits you married her for with some extra benefits. Much of her anxiety about gender will disappear, your relationship including how the two of you express your love physically and emotionally will grow, and the resulting happiness will infect your children. Communication is the best tool you have. You might want to consider banking some of that sperm before you girls are too deep in the weeds of HRT.

Some say "born in the wrong body" others might say "it's the way my brain is wired" for myself transgender is just who I am. Male is what I appeared to be as a child. Female is who I am and I have peace now. Trying to deny who you are can be very destructive (this I know).

Fortunately it appears you and Lucky may have many happy years together. There is so much more information available today. Some is false and some is true. Always check for the facts and filter accordingly.

You can call me Lana (everyone else does :)

Lana Cailin

• Root Admin

Hello Angelvice,

Welcome to the Playground. It's always nice to meet the SO's of our members. :)

MaryEllen

Guest LuckyMe

Lana,

Thanks for the kind words. As far as sperm goes, our current plan (which is subject to change, of course) would be for me to start HRT only after she's fallen pregnant, so that this wouldn't be much of an issue. And, if all goes well, perhaps I can wiggle myself into breastfeeding... Share some of those loving moments on the second child, since that's all I can do, physically, as a mother. Time will tell!

Guest lairlane

Me Thinks, it might be time to start another thread in General or some other appropriate forum...

Nice to meet the family,

Lana

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Angel,

<<< hug >>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna