• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Called Me Sweetie

Guest mia 1

Went to Goodwill today, bought a couple of bras. Felt really good about myself. Was joking in line and not hiding my merchandise,as I used to do. The checkout lady checked off the bras and charged me the regular price. I looked her in the eye and smiled, said something pleasant and she aaid have a nice day sweeti.

I thought that was so nice it made me warm inside and felt accepted.

This is a first time expewrience for me. Usually hide my clothes in some dumb man's shirt, and look at the ground.

I am growing and so happy about that. Mia is coming out, and is showing her self to the world.

I wasn't crossong at the time I was shopping. You probably have figured that out.

I am so happy I wanted to share this experience wioth every one..............Love you all...............Mia1

Guest Donna Jean
Went to Goodwill today, bought a couple of bras. Felt really good about myself. Was joking in line and not hiding my merchandise,as I used to do. The checkout lady checked off the bras and charged me the regular price. I looked her in the eye and smiled, said something pleasant and she aaid have a nice day sweeti.

I thought that was so nice it made me warm inside and felt accepted.

This is a first time expewrience for me. Usually hide my clothes in some dumb man's shirt, and look at the ground.

I am growing and so happy about that. Mia is coming out, and is showing her self to the world.

I wasn't crossong at the time I was shopping. You probably have figured that out.

I am so happy I wanted to share this experience wioth every one..............Love you all...............Mia1

Oh, Mia...How wonderful for you! You ARE growing and it shows..We are all so happy for you!

Love to you..

Donna Jean

Guest Karen-1954

I am so happy for you. Even the larger stores will not give you a second look this time of year. As far as my experiences have been, if you feel ok while out then most people will accept you. If you are nervous and self concious, then people seem to notice more. Best advice I can give is, relax and enjoy the shopping.

Guest Dutchie

Hiya Mia,

This is great progress. Thank you for sharing your growing experience!

I thought that was so nice it made me warm inside and felt accepted. This is a first time expewrience for me. (...)

Enjoy the feeling of being treated like a normal person.

I'm very happy for you!!

Karen is right, if you're shopping like a rabbit caught in the headlights, everybody looks, it's like you have this huge exclamation mark with an arrow over your head.

When you're comfortable and relaxed, nobody seems to care.

Dutchie

Guest AlyTheGreatAngel
looked her in the eye and smiled, said something pleasant and she aaid have a nice day sweeti.

ahhh how nice good 4 ya hope everyone passes lol

That's so wonderful, Mia. Being accepted is such a great feeling. Thank you for sharing with us.

Gennee

Did it again. This time at Walmart panties etc. and enjoyed shopping, talked to other women who were in the fashion dep't, as they call it, and then went to the check out aisle, told the clerk that this was only the third time in my life I had shopped at their chain."Where do you usually shop",'Target', Irep;ied.Well I aonly mention this because every thing went so nice and it was so pleasant,and I was so happy.

The only thing is I hope I don,t enjoy shopping too much ,I'll break my budget..................Mia B)

Guest Krystyna_Marie

Congratulations, Mia! I loooove Goodwill, and I've been hitting the Walmart for underwear this year, and it's so anonymous there, I never get a second look when I arrive at the checkout with 3-4 pieces of ladies' lingerie. I bought a garter belt and stockings, and an extra pair of stockings at KMart I was in Asheville, NC this weekend, and located a Shoe Show where I found some fabulous footwear *in a size 12, and on sale too!!!!!* So exciting :^)

Glad you're enjoying your life, baby, I think we all deserve to be fabulous B)

Kisses, KM